100 yards

100 yards

This is a discussion on 100 yards within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hit the range again this morning (burning use/lose leave) and decided to try the 10 mm XD OSP at 100 yards, resting on my elbows, ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By graydude
  • 2 Post By bigmacque
  • 1 Post By TSKnight

Thread: 100 yards

100 yards

Hit the range again this morning (burning use/lose leave) and decided to try the 10 mm XD OSP at 100 yards, resting on my elbows, after slightly adjusting the red dot. 15 shots measured 9.5" across. I should try completely off hand sometime too.

The main goal this morning was honing in on a muzzleloader hunting load. 3 shots at 100 yards measured 0.8" with 300 gr 45 cal Hornady XTPs. Next trips will be to see how consistent this load is, and zero the scope. Never mind the .380 holes on that target, was playing around with the pocket gun while waiting between muzzleloader shots for the barrel to cool, and a few shots jumped targets (or I forgot which I was aiming at...). (Not sure why image was sideways; trying again.)
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Distinguished Member
    Nice shooting!
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Surely you didn’t do that with a handgun:)

Great shooting by the way; with all of them.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Nice shooting!
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Surely you didn’t do that with a handgun:)

Great shooting by the way; with all of them.
    Thanks, guys.

After the thrash last year with getting warranty service on a muzzleloader that just wouldn't shoot well it's nice to find a sub-MOA load within the first two dozen shots from the replacement gun.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Amazing how perfectly spaced the shots down the sides are on the silhouette target.
    graydude and rotorhead1026 like this.
    Retired USAF E9
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Minute of BG at 100 yards with a pistol? I'm NOT volunteering to stand in as a target for you!
    Those 380 holes fired from 100 yards too? That's some nice shooting if they were.

The 300gr XTP does shoot nice from my CVA Optima. You are looking pretty good with those 3 shots. Pretty close to where I'd want my shots to land at 100 yards.
    graydude likes this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Sponsored Links