The Weekend EDC Combat Load.

This is a discussion on The Weekend EDC Combat Load. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I will be attending an exhibit opening tonight where a video I made (pro bono) for a nonprofit will be shown. There will be a ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By 1942bull
  • 1 Post By 1942bull
  • 1 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By KILTED COWBOY

Thread: The Weekend EDC Combat Load.

Distinguished Member

I will be attending an exhibit opening tonight where a video I made (pro bono) for a nonprofit will be shown. There will be a big audience. Normally I avoid such situations, but as the video producer I must go. I have to do the same thing tomorrow afternoon for another exhibit opening.

There will be no security on the sites. Attendance is free, and there will be sizable crowds in what are by nature (not by edict) gun free zones. Perfect target rich environments in the eyes of a deranged person. So I am going to both event prepared for the worst. I thought some might be interested in what I consider prepared so I took a photo of the items that will be on my person, concealed by a navy blue blazer over IWB and pocket carry.

In the photo are the following:
    A PPS M2 with 7+1 in an IWB holster worn at 4 o’clock on right.
    Dual IWB magazine pouch with two 7 round mags worn at 3 o’clock on left.
    Nebo LED flashlight in OWB carrier worn at 4 o’clock on left.
    Ka-Bar tanto blade folder (3” blade to be legal in DE) clipped to right front trouser pocket.

So if some miscreant decides to shoot up either event he is going to have a challenge he is not expecting. Should the worst happen one of us will lose, and one will win. I never consider losing as possible, but, If it were to be, the perp would realize that he had just been in the worst fight of his life.

Glad I only have to do this 6 times a year.

The Weekend EDC Combat Load.-fullsizeoutput_1c0.jpeg
    bakes and glockman10mm like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Thought about getting a kevlar vest ? The new ones are way way more thin and easier to hide and sub 300 bucks ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I will be attending an exhibit opening tonight where a video I made (pro bono) for a nonprofit will be shown. There will be a big audience. Normally I avoid such situations, but as the video producer I must go. I have to do the same thing tomorrow afternoon for another exhibit opening.

There will be no security on the sites. Attendance is free, and there will be sizable crowds in what are by nature (not by edict) gun free zones. Perfect target rich environments in the eyes of a deranged person. So I am going to both event prepared for the worst. I thought some might be interested in what I consider prepared so I took a photo of the items that will be on my person, concealed by a navy blue blazer over IWB and pocket carry.

In the photo are the following:
    A PPS M2 with 7+1 in an IWB holster worn at 4 o’clock on right.
    Dual IWB magazine pouch with two 7 round mags worn at 3 o’clock on left.
    Nebo LED flashlight in OWB carrier worn at 4 o’clock on left.
    Ka-Bar tanto blade folder (3” blade to be legal in DE) clipped to right front trouser pocket.

So if some miscreant decides to shoot up either event he is going to have a challenge he is not expecting. Should the worst happen one of us will lose, and one will win. I never consider losing as possible, but, If it were to be, the perp would realize that he had just been in the worst fight of his life.

Glad I only have to do this 6 times a year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1c0.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	301470
    Good Luck, stay safe.
    If I may ask, what is your video about?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Good Luck, stay safe.
    If I may ask, what is your video about?
    I do videos of recognized, regional visual artists for museum and arts centers. I truly enjoy visual art in all its forms, and I enjoy meeting and learning about the artists that create it. The best way to learn about and from them is to produce a video about them. Thanks for asking.
    OldVet likes this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

I do videos of recognized, regional visual artists for museum and arts centers. I truly enjoy visual art in all its forms, and I enjoy meeting and learning about the artists that create it. The best way to learn about and from them is to produce a video about them. Thanks for asking.

...well I’m gonna ask; Are they naked?
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

I went to the Kimball Art Museum in Fort Worth this past weekend to see a Claude Monet exhibit.
    There was a short video on his life that was interesting. Guess might be similar to what you do

Perfect target rich environments in the eyes of a deranged person. So I am going ... prepared for the worst.

So if some miscreant decides to shoot up ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶ me he is going to have a challenge he is not expecting.
    Generalize and apply that to most all public places.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I went to the Kimball Art Museum in Fort Worth this past weekend to see a Claude Monet exhibit.
    There was a short video on his life that was interesting. Guess might be similar to what you do
    So you liked it? I told you Monet was great

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    So you liked it? I told you Monet was great
    Yes it was good.
    Wife wanted me to go to a Dior fashion exhibit at a museum in Dallas today.
    I said no.
    Mans got to draw a line somewhere.
    There’s only so much culture this old cowboy can handle
    ddrew likes this.

I bet that’s a nice shooting pistol, it deserves leather.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Sponsored Links