1,435 deaths in France

1,435 deaths in France

This is a discussion on 1,435 deaths in France within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 18 days of record high temperatures some well over 100F have resulted in 1,435 deaths. The French should worry more about getting A/C than strict ...

Like Tree24Likes
  • 1 Post By sammeow
  • 5 Post By ddrew
  • 1 Post By PhaedrusIV
  • 1 Post By Novarider
  • 1 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 3 Post By bullet183
  • 3 Post By Novarider
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By Sister
  • 4 Post By Encore2016
  • 2 Post By jmf552

Thread: 1,435 deaths in France

1,435 deaths in France

18 days of record high temperatures some well over 100F have resulted in 1,435 deaths.
    The French should worry more about getting A/C than strict gun laws.
    That is just a typical summer here in the southwest. Guess we are just tougher.

Lack of a/c, lack of ice, and a lack of proper hydration. Vino doesnít do it.

Iím just happy when we have less than 30 days of 100+ degrees.
    Sister likes this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

To bad for them that heat isn't something you can surrender to at the first sign of trouble

If it was that hot for that long where I live (minus A/C) I'd prolly beg someone to kill me.

Just sayin'.
    Sister likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    NY cancels school if it gets in the 90's......
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    NY cancels school if it gets in the 90's......
    Well that explains a lot
    By the looks of test scores it must get into the 90's a lot
    Sister likes this.

Took my family to the Grand Canyon a while back and there was a surprising number of euros there and we all had to stand in line for just about everything. Long story short, the euros were dropping like flies in the heat, it was quite a sight. Apparently they are not familiar with deodorant either.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet183 View Post
    Took my family to the Grand Canyon a while back and there was a surprising number of euros there and we all had to stand in line for just about everything. Long story short, the euros were dropping like flies in the heat, it was quite a sight. Apparently they are not familiar with deodorant either.
    Some people sweat more than others. I'm one of them, I can start sweating from just stepping outside if it's hot enough. If I'm working outside it's dripping off of me. I'm not as bad as my dad is tho. Sometimes he looks like he was just caught in a rain storm it will be running down his face so much.

Senior Moderator
    That allows the French to claim moral superiority in all matters great and small, significant and insignificant.

Their death toll from heat far surpasses the USA death toll from rifles of any type, or mass shootings.

Of course, they also reject window screens and A/C, so no windows are opened that I know of.
    Sister and msgt/ret like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Because they can't drop their weapons, they'll just drop themselves.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    18 days of record high temperatures some well over 100F have resulted in 1,435 deaths.
    10-4 on the Texas hot weather, some of our southern most windows have 3 layers of dressing on them just to keep the heat out.

A thought on the hot times in France would be that maybe the French ppl should do like they want to do in NYC and stop eating cows and driving and flying then the weather wouldnít be so hot, like, it would totally stop global warming
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Have they blamed it on President Trump yet?

The cynical curmudgeon in me calling bullsh ... I donít buy it ...
    Gun Free Zones are totally effective, and 100% safe ... (wait for it) ... (wait for it) ... until a bad guy with a gun shows up! Then suddenly, you have an uncontested Kill Zone of defensless sheep, patiently awaiting their turn for the slaughter.

Add to that despite all their fashion snobbery, the French ironically have a reputation for not bathing that often. I remember sitting on plane from Paris to NYC next to a decent looking, well dressed French gal who had both too much perfume AND overpowering BO. A potent mixture! That is not uncommon. Joan Rivers even had a comedy bit on it once. I imagine it's getting ripe over there!
    Rock and Glock and Sister like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Sponsored Links