NFL Player wears $250,000 watch during game - Page 2

NFL Player wears $250,000 watch during game

This is a discussion on NFL Player wears $250,000 watch during game within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Shootnlead Odell Beckham Jr. I thought he was a tennis player....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: NFL Player wears $250,000 watch during game

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    Odell Beckham Jr.

I thought he was a tennis player.
    Sister, M1911A1 and hotShot like this.

Whomever he is (cause I really donít know nor care) I just hope he spreads the wealth and gives just as much away to those in need.

I donít have any problem with rich people, rich people give other people jobs for the most part.

I hate stingy and/or mean people. If they are helping others then let them wear what they want to I canít see it from my front porch.

Itís about Karma, you get what you put out there....eventually

~ You reap what you sow, later than you sow, and much more than what you sow ~
    Charles F. Stanley
    Rock and Glock and M1911A1 like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSilverT View Post
    I thought he was a tennis player.

Naw, that was Odell Williams, Jr, one of the Williams sisters
    M1911A1, ETXhiker and hotShot like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

NFL Player wears $250,000 watch during game

Some years back OBJ got caught carrying concealed in NYC, without a permit. Apparently the pistol was stowed in his underwear, and went off accidentally (slight injury, IIRC). He got into a bit of trouble.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Senior Member Array Illusive Man's Avatar
    For the life of me, I can't understand how this is even news!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    Some years back OBJ got caught carrying concealed in NYC, without a permit. Apparently the pistol was stowed in his underwear, and went off accidentally (slight injury, IIRC). He got into a bit of trouble.
    That was Plaxico Burress, not Odell Beckham Jr.
    rotorhead1026 likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Yea, and they over-charge for seats, F&B, and television rights. I can't really care.
    TRUTH!!I have only gone once to a Patriots game, had beer spilled on me, and almost got into a fight with a guy who spilled it on me.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I'm so done with the NFL. It's a sue-happy organization, has money-grubbing owners that sell obstructed view seats for $100 per game, obnoxious players, and astronomical prices for everything from parking to beer to jerseys. Yet they like to portray themselves as "charitable."

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SWsouthpaw View Post
    I'm so done with the NFL. It's a sue-happy organization, has money-grubbing owners that sell obstructed view seats for $100 per game, obnoxious players, and astronomical prices for everything from parking to beer to jerseys. Yet they like to portray themselves as "charitable."
    I am not a fan of the NFL and never have been.

However, there are plenty of people that are and the "money-grubbing" owners have a product that is in considerable demand...so, they can charge whatever the people will pay and I have no problem with that as it is the epitome of capitalism...and I AM a fan of that. They have to charge a premium for the things they sell as they have high salaries to pay. As for the high salaries...worldwide, there are very few people that can perform at the level that professional football players perform...so, no, I don't think they are overpaid. When you are in that select group...simply put, you can name your price.
    ďThe everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.Ē Skeeter Skelton

VIP Member
    There are plenty of decent guys in the NFL. Drew Brees, JJ Watts, Benjamin Watson, Nick Foles are just a few examples.

And speaking of Brees, the Saints won in amazing fashion last night.

The NFL does not have the game-to-game intensity of College football, so I usually end up skipping some regular season weekends. But at times you can catch some good games.
    ETXhiker likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

A quick glance at the article gives the impression that the issue is not with the "value" of the watch. The issue is that it is a large hard object. Considering the nature of the sport, that makes quite a bit of sense.

As for the high salaries...worldwide, there are very few people that can perform at the level that professional football players perform...so, no, I don't think they are overpaid. When you are in that select group...simply put, you can name your price.
    To throw, catch, and run with a ball? Ridiculously overpaid. Sure you can name your price, and if the market won't bear it, you don't get it. How about when the career is over, but they are still relatively young men, have you seen what their value drops to then? Their worth has been artificially inflated way beyond anything realistic
    If you need a life saving operation, or your house is on fire with people trapped inside, all the ball handling skills in the world won't make a bit of difference. We hold the wrong people up as hero's in our society
    Screw the National Felons League, bunch of overpaid prima donnas

I watched games Sunday and was amazed at how many vacant seats there were in the stadium.
    Miami was one. (Although that wasn't a game, was a massacre.)

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    That was Plaxico Burress, not Odell Beckham Jr.
    Ooops!

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

I am not a fan of the NFL and never have been.

However, there are plenty of people that are and the "money-grubbing" owners have a product that is in considerable demand...so, they can charge whatever the people will pay and I have no problem with that as it is the epitome of capitalism...and I AM a fan of that. They have to charge a premium for the things they sell as they have high salaries to pay. As for the high salaries...worldwide, there are very few people that can perform at the level that professional football players perform...so, no, I don't think they are overpaid. When you are in that select group...simply put, you can name your price.
    Too bad we do not feel that way about our Navy Seals and other Special forces.
    There are very few people that can perform at a level of a SEAL . They cannot name their price.
    We as a society have our priorities all screwed up.
    Worship and pay up the kazoo to watch these clowns and not spend enough on our true heroes benefits.
    Brings to mind Patrick Daniel Tillman who left the NFL to fight for his country, killed in Afghanistan 4/22/04.
    Now that was a hero

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links