NFL Player wears $250,000 watch during game

This is a discussion on NFL Player wears $250,000 watch during game within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So the drama this weekend was Antonio Brown. But the NFL just gets more ludicrous. No wonder some of our youth have their priorities out ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: NFL Player wears $250,000 watch during game

So the drama this weekend was Antonio Brown. But the NFL just gets more ludicrous. No wonder some of our youth have their priorities out of wack.

2-minute warning? NFL to speak with OBJ about wearing watch

The flashy, fashionable wide receiver sported an expensive watch — worth over $250,000 — during his debut with Cleveland, which was rolled 43-13 by the Tennessee Titans. Beckham, who came to Cleveland in a March trade from the New York Giants, caught seven passes for 71 yards in his first action for the Browns.

Not impressed.

He's going to have a hard time pawning it five years after he retires and is broke if it has a bunch of scratches on it

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    He's going to have a hard time pawning it five years after he retires and is broke if it has a bunch of scratches on it
    Doubt it. Not when “worn by OBJ during a football game” is listed in the ad. However, as far as I’m concerned, my phone tells time just as well...
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    "Beckham also drove his customized, orange Rolls Royce to FirstEnergy Stadium."

None of my business, how much he spends on a watch. Sounds like MSN is trying to stir up some class envy. Imagine that.
    OD*, msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Senior Moderator
    Yea, and they over-charge for seats, F&B, and television rights. I can't really care.
    OD*, msgt/ret, airslot and 3 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Then take a knee and tell us how unfair this country is to minorities in your 250,000 dollar watch and Rolls Royce.

VIP Member
    Different year, different faces, different pre-season hype, same Cleveland Browns.

Happy to say I didn't spend a second watching yesterday.
    OD*, msgt/ret, airslot and 3 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Senior Moderator
    Remember this the next time your local team needs public money for a new stadium.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

So they can order a player not to wear a watch, but they can't order a player to stand during The Anthem. Priorities?

I wasn't interested in football when it was a real sport. Now that it has devolved into something akin to professional wrestling, meaning, "sports entertainment/"reality TV" and it has taken on a left wing political bent, you couldn't pay me to watch it.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Gee, and I thought the whole idea was to play a game of football, not advertise someone's product. Silly me!

Jewelry should be left in your locker. I don't care if he breaks his watch but it could be a hazard to himself or others. He needs to take his job more seriously. Some bench time might help.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Who is OBJ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBob View Post
    Who is OBJ?

Odell Beckham Jr.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Who is OBJ?

No one of importance.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    I haven’t watched or cared about NFL since CK. I won’t endorse a league with my patronage that does not stand for our anthem. Truth is I was over them long before that, but that was the last straw.
    JeffreyR likes this.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

Who is OBJ?

That's what I wondered. I knew about OBL before Seal Team Six ended his jihad. Any relation?
    M1911A1 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links