Picking handcuffs - Page 2

Picking handcuffs

This is a discussion on Picking handcuffs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have played around with shims and opened them. Twisted and broke chains. And also picked the key way. Zip ties are simple. Duct tape ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Picking handcuffs

I have played around with shims and opened them. Twisted and broke chains. And also picked the key way. Zip ties are simple. Duct tape is another story! I feel itís a good skill to have especially if one travels abroad. Lots of human trafficking happening globally and a lot in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Never have and never will. If the police cuffed me I would not try to get out of them. If any non law enforcement person tried to cuff me he would have to seriously injure of kill me apply them. No way am I going to allow myself to be cuffed by anyone other than LE. Picking the lock is a cure. I practice prevention.
    Apparently you never met Mistress Samantha! lol
    1942bull, Sister and OldChap like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Apparently you never met Mistress Samantha! lol
    Hey, I make exceptions. What is her email?
    KILTED COWBOY and Sister like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Never have and never will. If the police cuffed me I would not try to get out of them. If any non law enforcement person tried to cuff me he would have to seriously injure of kill me apply them. No way am I going to allow myself to be cuffed by anyone other than LE. Picking the lock is a cure. I practice prevention.
    Sometimes when you work swings in a jail the boredom gets to you. DR
    1942bull likes this.

Never had cuffs on, so never tried. So far, so good at seventy-three.
    OldVet likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Iíve been handcuffed several times by the law and got out of them every time!

Ok, it was in the 1970s & 80ís, involved drinking (heavily) and driving back before folks got all upset about it - thatís all of the story your gettíin cept my lawyer called my driving record ďcolorfulĒ 😊

..anyway, yeah I can take them right off. I have Ehlers-Danlos and can make my hands smaller than my wrist. Kinda like it would be trying to cuff stretch armstrong folks with that are like Gumby.

More ppl have it than prolly know, was said Houdini had it. I canít pop my shoulders out but my brother could.
    LimaCharlie and dangerranger like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Iíve been handcuffed several times by the law and got out of them every time!

Ok, it was in the 1970s & 80ís, involved drinking (heavily) and driving back before folks got all upset about it - thatís all of the story your gettíin cept my lawyer called my driving record ďcolorfulĒ 😊

..anyway, yeah I can take them right off. I have Ehlers-Danlos and can make my hands smaller than my wrist. Kinda like it would be trying to cuff stretch armstrong folks with that are like Gumby.

More ppl have it than prolly know, was said Houdini had it. I canít pop my shoulders out but my brother could.
    Are you sure we didn't party in the 70's? You sure remind me of someone.

Are you sure we didn't party in the 70's? You sure remind me of someone.
    Iím sure I partied in the 70ís no doubt on my end, if you were in the Carolinas you may have been there!
    LimaCharlie likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Iím sure I partied in the 70ís no doubt on my end, if you were in the Carolinas you may have been there!
    Mistress Samantha, is that you??
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by awanatech View Post
    Mistress Samantha, is that you??

OMG it is you!!! ToeJoe the man ho, the only fellar I knew back then that wore skirts shorter than mine!
    LimaCharlie and hogdaddy like this.
    Trust God.

Think about it.

When I was in uniform I carried always carried a spare hidden handcuff key inside my belt keepers. The made in England Hiatts hinge cuffs, were some of the most heavy-duty available back in the day. Once you got one handcuff of the hinged cuffs on a suspect you could slip the side-handle of your PR-24 in the vacant cuff you had an incredible amount of leverage to gain compliance!
    AzQkr and hogdaddy like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I can't remember where I was in the 70's
    Sister and LimaCharlie like this.

Sponsor
    Nephew was a SEAL trainer in San Diego for several years. His part of the training was for the last E [ escape ]. He had dozens of pairs of both hinged and chain cuffs and could get out of all of them in seconds. He had a very thin piece of wire he uses,

He showed me he could break the chains very simply as was described by the OP. He preferred that little piece of wire. Jammed into the teeth, they separated enough for it to swing open.
    Last edited by AzQkr; September 11th, 2019 at 12:20 PM.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

My dad the cop had some wicked device, not sure I would call it a handcuff. It was 2 T bars one was concave the other convex with a length of chain between them.
    You would slap it around the wrist and tighten by twisting it.
    I made the mistake of telling him that I did not think they would restrain anyone and with my free hand I could attack him.
    He tried them out on me. Slapped it on my wrist with lightning speed (guess he had a lot of practice) and told me to take a swing at him.
    I don't think I got my fist even half way up before I was on my knees screaming in pain. He had total control over me with just a twist of his wrist.
    Wicked stuff.

I can't remember where I was in the 70's

If you remember the 1970s, you weren't there.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links