Picking handcuffs - Page 3

Picking handcuffs

This is a discussion on Picking handcuffs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY My dad the cop had some wicked device, not sure I would call it a handcuff. It was 2 T ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 45 of 45
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Picking handcuffs

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    3,906
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    My dad the cop had some wicked device, not sure I would call it a handcuff. It was 2 T bars one was concave the other convex with a length of chain between them.
    You would slap it around the wrist and tighten by twisting it.
    I made the mistake of telling him that I did not think they would restrain anyone and with my free hand I could attack him.
    He tried them out on me. Slapped it on my wrist with lightning speed (guess he had a lot of practice) and told me to take a swing at him.
    I don't think I got my fist even half way up before I was on my knees screaming in pain. He had total control over me with just a twist of his wrist.
    Wicked stuff.
    Good thing God made you a man you’d make a terrible woman. Women have much faster reflexes and use more appendages during fright ~ your too slow, not only the other arm but both legs/feet and noggin would been involved in getting away!
    (I would been down the road before he knew it)


    Trust God.

    What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

    Think about it.

  2. #32
    VIP Member Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    3,906
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    When I was in uniform I carried always carried a spare hidden handcuff key inside my belt keepers. The made in England Hiatts hinge cuffs, were some of the most heavy-duty available back in the day. Once you got one handcuff of the hinged cuffs on a suspect you could slip the side-handle of your PR-24 in the vacant cuff you had an incredible amount of leverage to gain compliance!



    knock the fire out of them with that stick y’all carry you can achieve the same level of compliance
    5lima30ret likes this.
    Trust God.

    What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

    Think about it.

  3. #33
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Moderator Central
    Posts
    142,978
    Just as a general FYI - not all handcuffs can be unlocked with a traditional/standard/common handcuff key these days.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

  4. #34
    Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Good thing God made you a man you’d make a terrible woman. Women have much faster reflexes and use more appendages during fright ~ your too slow, not only the other arm but both legs/feet and noggin would been involved in getting away!
    (I would been down the road before he knew it)


    Sister, you are right I would make one ugly woman.
    But I have to disagree with you being able to fight with that torture device around your wrist. I do not think I have ever felt such pain so quickly as when he tightened it.
    And being married for 27 years, believe me I know pain.
    Sister likes this.

  5. #35
    Sponsor
    Array AzQkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In the Superstitions
    Posts
    19,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    When I was in uniform I carried always carried a spare hidden handcuff key inside my belt keepers. The made in England Hiatts hinge cuffs, were some of the most heavy-duty available back in the day. Once you got one handcuff of the hinged cuffs on a suspect you could slip the side-handle of your PR-24 in the vacant cuff you had an incredible amount of leverage to gain compliance!
    Had one each sewn into the back of my police pants [ old chief recommended it ]. I was out of luck if cuffed in the front.
    The mind is the limiting factor

    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

    Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

  6. #36
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    31,373
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Had one each sewn into the back of my police pants [ old chief recommended it ]. I was out of luck if cuffed in the front.
    You know what they always say--two keys is one and one key is none. Should had one sewn in the front also.
    AzQkr likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  7. #37
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    31,373
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Sister, you are right I would make one ugly woman.
    Most ugly men do.

    Admit it, you asked for that one.
    KILTED COWBOY and Sister like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  8. #38
    Member Array awanatech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    OMG it is you!!! ToeJoe the man ho, the only fellar I knew back then that wore skirts shorter than mine!
    I just hope you don't post those pics of my skirt!! If you do, I may have to bring up the other handcuff pics of you

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Sister likes this.

  9. #39
    Sponsor
    Array NelsonHolsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lenior NC
    Posts
    1,360
    I was not aware that they are making cuffs that do not use a standard key. What gives me the biggest problem is new cuffs that are double locked.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    VIP Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Alabama
    Posts
    5,332
    When I worked in a Florida state prison before I was a cop all the handcuffs we had a standard cuff key would not work in them. They used a key that was similar to a round vending machine machine or Harley Davidson Dynaglide type key. As I recall they were made by S&W and made specifically for prisons.
    dangerranger likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

  11. #41
    VIP Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Exact center of CA
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    My dad the cop had some wicked device, not sure I would call it a handcuff. It was 2 T bars one was concave the other convex with a length of chain between them.
    You would slap it around the wrist and tighten by twisting it.
    I made the mistake of telling him that I did not think they would restrain anyone and with my free hand I could attack him.
    He tried them out on me. Slapped it on my wrist with lightning speed (guess he had a lot of practice) and told me to take a swing at him.
    I don't think I got my fist even half way up before I was on my knees screaming in pain. He had total control over me with just a twist of his wrist.
    Wicked stuff.
    That was called a "come along" one twist and the biggest guy would willingly Come Along any where you want him!
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.

  12. #42
    VIP Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Exact center of CA
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    When I worked in a Florida state prison before I was a cop all the handcuffs we had a standard cuff key would not work in them. They used a key that was similar to a round vending machine machine or Harley Davidson Dynaglide type key. As I recall they were made by S&W and made specifically for prisons.
    Federal Marshals tried them out also. They gave them up because it was too much trouble having non standard keys. Am inmate told me he could pick them. He used a toothpaste cap to do it! DR
    5lima30ret likes this.

  13. #43
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    31,373
    I can pick my nose with my hands cuffed behind my back...
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  14. #44
    Sponsor
    Array NelsonHolsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lenior NC
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I can pick my nose with my hands cuffed behind my back...
    Well don't take this the wrong way but I can only think of one appendage that would be left to pick your nose with and it would be a "long thin" stretch to pick you nose with. Oh I hope I don't get banned for this.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  15. #45
    VIP Member Array HotBrass45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I can pick my nose with my hands cuffed behind my back...
    Are you sure it's your nose that you're picking?
    Mattmann and Sister like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •