Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles . - Page 3

Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles .

This is a discussion on Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There is a safe way to holster in the appendix position, I would guess I go around 1k draw and holster a month in classes/training, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles .

There is a safe way to holster in the appendix position, I would guess I go around 1k draw and holster a month in classes/training, maybe more, never really tried to count it.

I don't holster aiwb seated; five or so vehicle classes in the past couple of years, I get out of the car, check my threats are out, and holster standing.

The trick: push your pelvis forward, step back with strong side foot, clear cover garments, make sure holster is clear, look the weapon into the holster.

If you do really fail and the weapon discharges due to negligence the round will impact the ground and not touch you at all, if your technique is correct.
    graydude, Nifty, OldChap and 4 others like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    There is a safe way to holster in the appendix position, I would guess I go around 1k draw and holster a month in classes/training, maybe more, never really tried to count it.

I don't holster aiwb seated; five or so vehicle classes in the past couple of years, I get out of the car, check my threats are out, and holster standing.

The trick: push your pelvis forward, step back with strong side foot, clear cover garments, make sure holster is clear, look the weapon into the holster.

If you do really fail and the weapon discharges due to negligence the round will impact the ground and not touch you at all, if your technique is correct.
    ^^^ This is spot on.

When shopping for AIWB holsters also consider getting a light color holster which makes it easier to look inside the holster for obstructions; the shadow inside a black holster requires more effort to visually verify no obstructions.
    matthew03 and Hoganbeg like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Ouch! I carry appendix with 2 guns. A S&W 642 and a HK P30sk. Both hammer fired and both with at least a 10 pound pull (at least first shot with the HK)
    Exactly why I carry hammer fired HKs. But I don't carry appendix. I put my striker up and switched to USPc because I found I handled my EDC more than I cared for during the day. I work in a Safe Zone building and sometimes travel back and forth to it.

Eventually I got a P30 V3 and for the most part I carry that decocked.
    forester58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    ^^^ This is spot on.

When shopping for AIWB holsters also consider getting a light color holster which makes it easier to look inside the holster for obstructions; the shadow inside a black holster requires more effort to visually verify no obstructions.
    I never thought about color but that is a good idea.
    matthew03 likes this.

This is one reason I carry a 5" 1911 OWB @ 3:00 with a fifteen degree canted pancake holster. Worst I can do is burn my butt.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    9MM vasectomy?

If something like that happened to me I certainly would not be in good spirits.
    If it was me, I'm afraid I might need some good spirits! ( Where is @OldVet when he's needed? )
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Reminds me of the old saying “you’ll shoot your balls off” when people talk about reasons they don’t appendix carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s my reason
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    "“He was trying to place it back in the holster and somehow hit the slide release or the safety and it actually went off,” Guadalupe County Sgt. Donny White said."

Well, that explains it.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I was hoping to open the link and find it was an old story previously discussed here. Sadly it was another numb nuts (sorry, couldn't help myself) with a negligent discharge that I'm sure he (and the clerk who helped him) will never forget. Let this be a lesson to all new (and old) carriers. Even experienced carriers have been known to shoot themselves, some in worse places than others.
    negligent discharge”? Could you possibly have meant...premature discharge?? Good thing he wasn’t loaded with tracers! I bet a crotch-fire would be the worst!! Hoppin’ around yellin’, screamin’ and, slappin’ at the flames. Each slap resulting in another discharge that just keeps feeding the fires!! People falling to the ground screaming, laughing and, pointing at you. Multiple gunshots reported. People seen falling to ground and pointing at some crazed lunatic. Multiple Police units with SWAT Teams responding to a reported Active Shooter event. Yep, Definitely what I would call a BAD day!!!
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    If it was me, I'm afraid I might need some good spirits! ( Where is @OldVet when he's needed? )
    Somewhere else . . . Naturally.
    OldChap and spclopr8tr like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    I gotta be honest....no way I am treating that wound.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

You get a big wad of clean cloth, even rags, and shove it in his crotch, hard (don’t even have to remove his pants). Secure it very tightly with whatever (belt, duct tape, ace bandage - or just hold firmly in place). It’ll likely stop or greatly reduce blood loss and keep the victim alive until the medics appear. They’ll handle (no pun intended) the rest. It’s what they’re paid to do.
    Doghandler likes this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    You get a big wad of clean cloth, even rags, and shove it in his crotch, hard (don’t even have to remove his pants). Secure it very tightly with whatever (belt, duct tape, ace bandage - or just hold firmly in place). It’ll likely stop or greatly reduce blood loss and keep the victim alive until the medics appear. They’ll handle (no pun intended) the rest. It’s what they’re paid to do.
    It's also quite possible that blood loss will be significantly under a common whole blood donation, 500 ml; easy peasy and under close control.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    I gotta be honest....no way I am treating that wound.
    Fine, you can hold his legs up, like this. If you need to barf . . , OK, what's your name?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

I guess he was using "Ball Ammo"?---Sturgis
    S&W 340 M&P .357
    S&W 640 and S&W 64 .38 Spl
    Glock19 9mm
    S&W M&P 45C
    Mossberg 500
    NRA Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links