Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles . - Page 4

Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles .

This is a discussion on Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 You get a big wad of clean cloth, even rags, and shove it in his crotch, hard (donít even have to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles .

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    You get a big wad of clean cloth, even rags, and shove it in his crotch, hard (donít even have to remove his pants). Secure it very tightly with whatever (belt, duct tape, ace bandage - or just hold firmly in place). Itíll likely stop or greatly reduce blood loss and keep the victim alive until the medics appear. Theyíll handle (no pun intended) the rest. Itís what theyíre paid to do.
    It wasn't me, so I don't care.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It wasn't me, so I don't care.
    It's tough world out there finding things to care about.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Administrator

Cool

Spermicidal Maniac! Don't you realize that's gonna leave a mark?
    As well as "teste" your pain tolerance.
    msgt/ret, ETXhiker and Sister like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Great balls of fire! That's why I always carry at 9 or 3 only.
    Sister likes this.
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

Maybe Lance Armstrong can visit him in the hospital, help him get a uni-ball support group going

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The article said the gun was a "9 mm Smith & Wesson," so I think it is reasonable to assume it was a Shield or M&P. I know people can carry strikers safely and a lot of people do. But it needs to be said that a striker with no additional safety requires perfect gun handling to be safe. If you are re-holstering IWB, it would not take much for the trigger to catch on a bit of your shirt, the edge of the holster, etc. With a five pound trigger, it doesn't take much to actuate it. It can happen and it has happened. NDs with strikers have happened to cops. And it is pretty darn ironic to shoot yourself in the process of preparing to carry a gun to protect yourself from getting shot.

I think it's important to consider safety as much as capability when choosing a carry gun and a holster, and in deciding how much time and training you devote to safe gun handling vs. effective gun handling. It is also important to consider complacency. With a lot of complex systems, the danger zones are the first year, because you don't have your act together yet and then every year after the fifth year, because you think you have your act together and don't need to think about it. Then you get to be my age and you have to worry about outright brain farts.

Carry what you want, but I recommend being brutally honest about the strengths and weaknesses of each platform and accessory and acting accordingly. I'm very good with a 1911, but I carry a revolver because I know it will go off when I want to and it won't go off when I don't. YMMV.
    Amen to that.

Wonder if that is better or worse than that home vasectomy kit I saw online that had a rubber band and a plastic knife?
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links