Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles .

This is a discussion on Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ouch! Good thing it was a 9mm and not a .45 or he might have lost all his boy parts. Nice guy who helped him ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Seguin Texas man shoots self in the testicles .

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar

Ouch!
    Good thing it was a 9mm and not a .45 or he might have lost all his boy parts.
    Nice guy who helped him stop the bleeding, If I was there he would have bled to death.
    Testicle shot as man holsters gun | Alert | seguingazette.com
    Sister, GpTom, MMinSC and 3 others like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    holstering with finger in trigger guard?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

9MM vasectomy?

The man was conscious, alert, talking with deputies and in good spirits before he was taken by Seguin EMS to San Antonio Military Medical Center, the sergeant said.
    If something like that happened to me I certainly would not be in good spirits.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Where was the holster? Appendix?
    BentLink and gatorbait51 like this.

Maybe he was trying to save money on that sex change operation.
    airslot, bigmacque and OldChap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    yes appendix
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I was hoping to open the link and find it was an old story previously discussed here. Sadly it was another numb nuts (sorry, couldn't help myself) with a negligent discharge that I'm sure he (and the clerk who helped him) will never forget. Let this be a lesson to all new (and old) carriers. Even experienced carriers have been known to shoot themselves, some in worse places than others.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Hey that is a heck of a lot quicker than the the rubber band farming method where you wait for them to fall off
    msgt/ret, OldChap, MMinSC and 2 others like this.

A salute to the man who cared enough to come to the aid of the shooter, (who was also the shootee). Direct pressure on a wound can be a life saver. If the bullet had pierced the femoral artery, which is in the same general area, the outcome might not have been so good.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    Must have been. It is hard to due in your testicles holstered at 3 to 5 o'clock or at the back. A couple years ago I read about a woman who was holstering into a bra holster and she herself in the head. Accidents happen. That is why engaging in accident prevention practices makes sense. It is why I do not carry appendix, and why I take care in selecting holsters that help reduce the chance of accidents.

Reminds me of the old saying “you’ll shoot your balls off” when people talk about reasons they don’t appendix carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BentLink, Gabill and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Hey that is a heck of a lot quicker than the the rubber band farming method where you wait for them to fall off

ROFLMAO 🤣

thanks, and good one! 👍🏻
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

The article said the gun was a "9 mm Smith & Wesson," so I think it is reasonable to assume it was a Shield or M&P. I know people can carry strikers safely and a lot of people do. But it needs to be said that a striker with no additional safety requires perfect gun handling to be safe. If you are re-holstering IWB, it would not take much for the trigger to catch on a bit of your shirt, the edge of the holster, etc. With a five pound trigger, it doesn't take much to actuate it. It can happen and it has happened. NDs with strikers have happened to cops. And it is pretty darn ironic to shoot yourself in the process of preparing to carry a gun to protect yourself from getting shot.

I think it's important to consider safety as much as capability when choosing a carry gun and a holster, and in deciding how much time and training you devote to safe gun handling vs. effective gun handling. It is also important to consider complacency. With a lot of complex systems, the danger zones are the first year, because you don't have your act together yet and then every year after the fifth year, because you think you have your act together and don't need to think about it. Then you get to be my age and you have to worry about outright brain farts.

Carry what you want, but I recommend being brutally honest about the strengths and weaknesses of each platform and accessory and acting accordingly. I'm very good with a 1911, but I carry a revolver because I know it will go off when I want to and it won't go off when I don't. YMMV.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Regarding safety, looks like he dropped the ball with his re-holstering technique.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Ouch!
    Good thing it was a 9mm and not a .45 or he might have lost all his boy parts.
    Nice guy who helped him stop the bleeding, If I was there he would have bled to death.
    Testicle shot as man holsters gun | Alert | seguingazette.com
    I would have opened the QuickClot and pressure dressing and handed them to him. I would even explain how to apply them.
    airslot, OldChap and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links