Boar-der Crisis

Boar-der Crisis

This is a discussion on Boar-der Crisis within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; https://www.yahoo.com/news/crisis-bo...131250503.html...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Cornhusker95
  • 1 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 3 Post By Sister
  • 2 Post By Workaholic
  • 1 Post By Cornhusker95
  • 1 Post By CavemanBob
  • 4 Post By Geezer
  • 2 Post By Double Naught Spy

Thread: Boar-der Crisis

Boar-der Crisis

MMinSC likes this.

VIP Member
    We area already overrun with wild swine - at least in the middle and south of this country. They devastate our local golf courses, digging up huge areas of turf looking for grubs.
    Sister likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

They are in houston proper, got pics of them at the back of our fence.

I thought folks liked the Canadian bacon?
    msgt/ret, ButtShot14 and airslot like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Interesting read. I thought this was a problem only for some of the southern states.

We can't hunt them here in Kansas. Can only shoot them if causing a problem. And no harvesting. Have to leave them lay and rot. I assume that you can at least move them to the closest hedgerow so they aren't rotting in the middle of the field...
    KS Deputy and OlCop like this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Distinguished Member
    If they get to my part of PA I will buy a rifle. I love M1s.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Who doesn't love a bacon wrapped pepper stuffed with cream cheese hot off the grill??
    duane_wade likes this.

Michigan has a shoot-on-site policy, and I've been in those areas quite a bit, but I've yet to see one.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post

We can't hunt them here in Kansas. Can only shoot them if causing a problem. And no harvesting. Have to leave them lay and rot. I assume that you can at least move them to the closest hedgerow so they aren't rotting in the middle of the field...
    What is the reasoning behind this? In Colorado they're considered an invasive species, no seasons, no limits, get all you want.
    duane_wade likes this.
    Arsenal? That's not an arsenal, that's my gun collection! John Wick, now he has an arsenal.

NRA Patron member

Interesting read. I thought this was a problem only for some of the southern states.

Deposing of is not harvesting.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I keep several traps set from Sept thru July. It's a rare weekend that I don't trap several, and even rarer that I trap nothing. It's also common to have multiple hogs in the same trap. No way to keep up with the population growth - they're like illegals - reproduce faster than rabbits. Several of our dedicated hunters tried the hunting method, but quickly discovered that the hogs were a lot smarter than they were. Actually, that's where I'm headed tomorrow. I just rebuilt two badly damaged traps, and they need to start earning their keep.
    msgt/ret, OldVet, airslot and 1 others like this.

Senior Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    We area already overrun with wild swine - at least in the middle and south of this country. They devastate our local golf courses, digging up huge areas of turf looking for grubs.
    Oh, they aren't looking for them. They are finding them!!!
    airslot and msgt/ret like this.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Its illegal to hunt them for comsumption here. At least last time I looked at the regs. Closest place to me I can hunt them for food I'd a bit over an hour south, in OK. I'm sure theres some farmers out in the sticks down here on the south end of the state that do kill them for food. But, me being stuck as a city boy at the moment, I'm not too sure I could do that. Not to mention, all my contacts down that way are pretty old. I'd have to do a lot of work to get them back up to where I'd feel comfortable asking g to hunt on their property. As OldVet mentioned, we can dispose of them, however....
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Its illegal to hunt them for comsumption here. At least last time I looked at the regs. Closest place to me I can hunt them for food I'd a bit over an hour south, in OK. I'm sure theres some farmers out in the sticks down here on the south end of the state that do kill them for food. But, me being stuck as a city boy at the moment, I'm not too sure I could do that. Not to mention, all my contacts down that way are pretty old. I'd have to do a lot of work to get them back up to where I'd feel comfortable asking g to hunt on their property. As OldVet mentioned, we can dispose of them, however....
    Missing out on some good meat by not at taking the backstraps - no "processing" required.

Sponsored Links