Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess! - Page 3

Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess!

This is a discussion on Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Thought Police are alive and well. I also blame the realtor though. He/she should have known this might cause a problem. Whenever we shop ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess!

The Thought Police are alive and well.

I also blame the realtor though. He/she should have known this might cause a problem. Whenever we shop for houses, I feel its a bit creepy. With some we were shown I felt embarrassed for the owners after seeing how some of them live. I've seen some really, really bad examples.
    frgood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    If there was no mention of any details about said "investigation" than I am willing to believe that there was nothing incriminating to report. This is an action with a liberal agenda pushing it and I find it hard to believe that they would not take any opportunity to make public anything negative about this guy to validate their actions against him. At the moment my money is on the explanation that this was a liberal/political motivated action to get this guy removed from his job in law enforcement.
    Well, whenever there is a story where it looks like a citizen's rights are being trampled by law enforcement we are told that we should "wait until all the facts are known" because there is likely "more to the story than is being reported". So, we should assume that the government is doing the proper thing here and wait for more details.

While it certainly seems like it is an overreach, there is one nagging reason why I think there may be more than what has been reported: his department is represented by a union. I've seen numerous cases where officers are fired for egregious behavior and end up getting their jobs back due to arbitration. If he was just a collector, I find it hard to believe they would fire him knowing they will have to give him his job back or pay out a hefty settlement. But, then again, if he does get his job back they could always claim they tried to fire him and only took him back because they had to. So either they found something in the investigation (maybe not even related to the confederate material) or they are taking extreme actions for PR reasons.
    Havok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I agree with @Havok . Likely that there is something we do not know. Like was he actually only a collector, and did he collect only Confederate memorabilia. Hard to make judgements about the firing without knowing the back story, and I will get there is one beyond collecting.
    The article linked in the OP, and another article, said he had KKK memorabilia and there was a picture in the article of a framed, blank Klan membership application. It sounds like the prosecutors office is considering reopening a case where the LEO in question shot an unarmed black man 10 years ago.

What I can't get over is who would leave that up when showing their house?
    Mjolnir, M1911A1 and Psycho41 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The article linked in the OP, and another article, said he had KKK memorabilia and there was a picture in the article of a framed, blank Klan membership application. It sounds like the prosecutors office is considering reopening a case where the LEO in question shot an unarmed black man 10 years ago.

So now we see the back story. Thanks @jmf552 .
    Mjolnir likes this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Oh, boy, this is the best episode of House Hunters ever!
    Mjolnir, M1911A1 and Havok like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    How long before the Jack Boots start clearing out museums of offensive material?
    Already ridding us of OUR (Iím a Black Southerner) Confederate Monuments.

Youíre late, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    M1911A1 and Sister like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Is Michigan a Right To Work state?
    No. Itís a union state.

Hoganbeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    No. Itís a union state.

Michigan is a Right to Work State since 2013.
    Mjolnir likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    How long before the Jack Boots start clearing out museums of offensive material?
    Um, it's already happening in Australia.
    The government is trying to destroy the collection of the Lithgow Small Arms Factory Museum. (Horrors: The collection is all about...Gasp!...guns!)
    People are trying to fight it, but the government seems to be winning.
    Sister likes this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

The thread has already stated this, but I will add to the cacophony.

1) the potential buyers were completely in the wrong to take photos and post them. This is, simply, a complete lack of basic respect for another. Their focus should be on the house they are considering purchasing. Basic decency is to keep personal views to themselves.

2) The seller is not an idiot and socially unawares. He made a point, the buyers read his point, and all should simply move on. Making it an issue is childish.

3) The employer, regardless of profession, is wrong in stating personal items as a reason for firing. I don't think I need to expound on that.

and for some of you, I'm not sure if my race is relevant to my point but I'm an American whose 'race' is black.

I'd be mad at the realtor showing the house for letting them take pictures like that
    Sister, Havok and M1911A1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Is Michigan a Right To Work state?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    No. Itís a union state.

Quote Originally Posted by OttoLoader View Post
    Michigan is a Right to Work State since 2013.
    The "Right to Work" law is usually misinterpreted. All it means is a person is not required to join a union against his or her will. Union membership is entirely voluntary, not mandatory. It really has no bearing on this matter.
    ShooterGranny, Sister and Havok like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post

Go meet some realtors and I feel sure they can tell you all kinds of things folks leave up. Iíd buy a home with wall art I didnít care for before Iíd buy one that had cat boxes full of poop and pee ~ can never get rid of that smell.

This brings me to another point I want to drive home - folks need to MYOB! If they donít like it then they can leave, itís none of their business. Nothing illegal was done. The man lost his job anyway, get it???

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    So now we see the back story. Thanks @jmf552.
    WRONG!!!

You couldnít be further from the truth! He was cleared, just like DEMOCRATS they are grabbing at loose ends trying to find something to back it up.

Pulling PART OF THE STORY to make a case is nothing more than what they are trying to do to guns.

Apparently you/yíall did not real ALL of the story, or did you read it at all when the decision was decided make your point? Let me help;

ď
    Anderson was cleared in late 2009 of any wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of Julius Allen-Ray Johnson. The shooting was determined to be an act of self-defense.Ē
    CWOUSCG, ddrew and frgood like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

@Sister : He was cleared by the department 10 years ago. That does not create double jeopardy. And for a homocide, there is no statute of limitations. I have seen two articles saying the prosecutor's office is considering re-opening the case.

BTW, Officer Darren Wilson was cleared by Ferguson PD and a grand jury for the shooting of Michael Brown. The new St. Louis County prosecutor is considering re-opening the case and convening a new grand jury. And that prosecutor can legally do that.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member
    @Sister , I wrote "Now we know the back story." You response of "wrong" is off the mark. No one said he was guilty of anything I stand on my previous comment that we know too little to make a judgement. The back story only means something going one in the background. Learning of the officer involved shooting is just part of background. Considering the nature of that shooting it calls some things into question. It answers nothing. Back stories rarely answer questions. They mostly lead to new questions.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links