Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess! - Page 4

Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess!

This is a discussion on Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldVet The "Right to Work" law is usually misinterpreted. All it means is a person is not required to join a union ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The "Right to Work" law is usually misinterpreted. All it means is a person is not required to join a union against his or her will. Union membership is entirely voluntary, not mandatory. It really has no bearing on this matter.
    The previous post claimed Michigan was a "union" state not Right to Work State.
    So I provided new info that the post may not have been aware of.
    People post old info so it serves a purpose to bring the info up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    @Sister, I wrote "Now we know the back story." You response of "wrong" is off the mark. No one said he was guilty of anything I stand on my previous comment that we know too little to make a judgement. The back story only means something going one in the background. Learning of the officer involved shooting is just part of background. Considering the nature of that shooting it calls some things into question. It answers nothing. Back stories rarely answer questions. They mostly lead to new questions.

And dear Sir, I once again, disagree with you!

Iím sorry if the word ďwrongĒ offends you and will not say it again, you are not wrong, itís just you ainít right

We know he was cleared. Being cleared is a black and white thing no gray (pun intended lol). But seriously, you canít be just a little cleared anymore than you can be just a little pregnant!

To included @jmf552 post #44 in this answer; to both of you, what the man did 10, 20 years ago and what all either they think happens now or not has absolutely NOTHING to do with what the man has hanging on his wall.

He shouldnít have been fired.

If people would mind their own business we wouldnít have wars.....
    OD* likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

I really hate to do this, but after looking at some homes on-line Iíll agree with you on the colors and what all in the house.

Weíre shopping, not real actively but still keeping our eyes open on somewhere in the South that hasnít been invaded by the liberal states and have found some great places however...from the looks of things we both are leaning on building and not purchasing somebodies ďjunkĒ. Yeah they may take it, but wow it looks so mouldy and nasty!

Iíve never seen so much junk in pplís houses and yards, feels like Iím watching that show Horders!!!
    you hit it on colors too, oh my!

Old Vet Iíll buy you a drink if I ever meet you since you were right, this once

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    However you may feel about personal decor, first impressions sell houses. Colors, collections of artsy dishes, whatever it may be, it will influence potentials buyers. Doesn't make sense because it is not theirs and doesn't necessarily come with the house, but--rightly or wrongly--the image is set on first sight. That blood-red accent wall in the dining room someone absolutely loves may, or may not, sell the house. Realtors want a house to be as neutral as possible, in all aspects.

It comes down to how badly you want to sell the house.
    OD* likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Iíve never seen so much junk in pplís houses and yards, feels like Iím watching that show Horders!!!
    you hit it on colors too, oh my!

Old Vet Iíll buy you a drink if I ever meet you since you were right, this once
    My house could be on Hoarders. Wifie won't get rid of anything. I can never understand how a mountain of those little foil-wrapped skin-care samples can have such sentimental value--even after they turn hard as a rock!

And you're up to owing about a 12 pack by now.
    Sister and OD* like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    @Sister , the word wrong does not offend me and you can call me wrong as often as you wish with mi offense taken or anger in reply. However, I stand on my earlier comment that we know too little to make a judgement. . I was not referring to his prior legal woes. I was talking about his confederate collection, and that we did. not know the motivation or extent of it. In fact I listed questions that could be answered in my first post. They were not meant to accuse but only to point out what we had no knowledge of and therefore no conclusion about the significant of his collection could be made. Peace, Sister.
    Sister likes this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

@1942bull , weíre good I was just pulling your chain

Itís what ďSistersĒ do!
    Trust God.

Think about it.

To included @jmf552 post #44 in this answer; to both of you, what the man did 10, 20 years ago and what all either they think happens now or not has absolutely NOTHING to do with what the man has hanging on his wall. He shouldnít have been fired.
    I actually agree with you. I was just pointing out two obvious things: First, the initial report that this was over just "Civil War memorabilia" was not true. Second, in this day and age, it was a dumb thing for him to leave on his wall, just in terms of showing a house for sale. But I agree, he should not have been fired over it and the idea they might reopen the 10 year old shooting investigation is way out of line. This is virtue signalling by his department and the local prosecutor. But alas, it is a sign of our times.
    Sister and M1911A1 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    I'd be mad at the realtor showing the house for letting them take pictures like that
    In general, taking pictures of the inside of a house you are thinking about buying is not uncommon and usually fine. My wife and I have done it many times. It would be hard for a realtor to monitor exactly what they were focusing their camera on.

That these people focused on that one thing to put it online and get him in trouble, though, is wrong. But personally, I would not blame the realtor.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Literally millions of those KKK applications were passed out after its resurgence in the late teens and early 1920's. The framed one on the wall was of that time period. Clearly, it was a collector's item, with no connection to current KKK/AB groups beyond the historic.
    OD* and Sister like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Literally millions of those KKK applications were passed out after its resurgence in the late teens and early 1920's. The framed one on the wall was of that time period. Clearly, it was a collector's item, with no connection to current KKK/AB groups beyond the historic.
    Doing some googling to find out, came across this picture. Iím not sure what would proper to say about this picture, just weird?! Ive seen picís of them with burning crosses, but on a Ferris wheel? Iím not sure if folk were crazier back then as they are now, looks like it was just as bad TBH. I think we have more variety of hate groups, everybody seems to hate somebody 😢 ainít right!

Cop fired!  Selling your house?  Buyers should be vetted first I guess!-59c82e8c-3647-47aa-a956-5653e6b76391.jpeg
    M1911A1 and OD* like this.
    Trust God.

Think about it.

VIP Member
    Doing some googling to find out, came across this picture. Iím not sure what would proper to say about this picture, just weird?! Ive seen picís of them with burning crosses, but on a Ferris wheel? Iím not sure if folk were crazier back then as they are now, looks like it was just as bad TBH. I think we have more variety of hate groups, everybody seems to hate somebody 😢 ainít right!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59C82E8C-3647-47AA-A956-5653E6B76391.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	301926
    The Klan of the 1920s enjoyed huge popularity compared with its versions before and after--membership in the millions, lots of public appearances in regalia, and considerable politifal sway.
    OD* likes this.

VIP Member
    I have a Klan belt buckle around here somewhere, as well as a Nazi armband, both items that were collected by a deceased relative. I also have several historical Klan photographs downloaded on my computer, acquired during my research into local history. I've already caught the racist label by those who habitually apply it to those with whom they disagree, so I won't sweat being "outed" if someone comes across them.

There are countless blackface photos in our local newspaper over the years from when high school kids did minstrel shows up until the 1960s.

The "investigation" into the officer's political leanings means nothing, IMO after our national experience with the Mueller fiasco. Lots of smoke, lots of sirens, no fire.
    OD* likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links