Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess!

This is a discussion on Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Touchy subject, but I知 honestly shocked. I知 not racist at all, just ask my black friends they visit on purpose. Jest of the story; LEO ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Cop fired! Selling your house? Buyers should be vetted first I guess!

Touchy subject, but I知 honestly shocked. I知 not racist at all, just ask my black friends they visit on purpose.

Jest of the story; LEO is civil war and history collector. People didn稚 like what was framed on his wall when looking at his home that was for sale. They were black, took pic痴 and posted it on FB.

Honestly, I see where these ppl that did this invaded his privacy and got him fired even though THEY WERE IN HIS HOME!!!

Geez, if this is the case I知 (we) will have to take half of the things down before we put the home for sale in a couple of years, I知 in the UDC and we have Betsy Ross and lots of other flags from the past. The 7 star banner is the UDC痴 flag we use in events (btw, black and white women in this group).

This is ridiculous and an invasion of privacy, the ppl that took the pic should be the one痴 going to court and be sued for trying to threaten this LEO!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mi...red/ar-AAHdnMl
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

So on top of it being something he legally possessed inside his own home, there is no mention of any evidence of him being affiliated with any white supremacy group. In my opinion, he should be lawyering up and going after both the PD and the people who were looking at his house. That is, of course unless there is some big piece of information missing here.
    ddrew, 1942bull, M1911A1 and 8 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Why if I don't know you...Otto's not letting you in.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Distinguished Member
    I agree with @Havok . Likely that there is something we do not know. Like was he actually only a collector, and did he collect only Confederate memorabilia. Hard to make judgements about the firing without knowing the back story, and I will get there is one beyond collecting.
    M1911A1 and Havok like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

I do not care, even if he were a card-carrying member of both the KKK and the Neo-Nazi Party.
    The issue is whether or not he could properly be dismissed from his LEO job, and that would depend upon his performance, not his personally-owned accessories.

If he had acted in a biased or bigoted manner "on the street," that would be good cause for dismissal.
    But what he possesses and displays within his private home is not open to censorship.
    (That is, according to the First Amendment, anyway.)

While there must be a lot more to this story than we know, it still smacks of the PC Fascists.

Moral of the Story: If you don't like the pictures on the wall, don't buy the house.
    Wolf357, Sister, m5215 and 4 others like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pr誄aret bellum."

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    How fascist of them.
    The Nazis confiscated books that they did not agree with and they considered a threat to their ideology.
    Are we heading down that road?
    First coming after monuments they do not like in the public square.
    Now going after your private collections and memorabilia in you home.
    I hope this cop sues the living hell out of the city and also sues that family civilly.
    Simple solution, if you were offended leave and do not buy the house.
    Sister, m5215, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.

I have a confession. If displaying relics is the new standard for support. I'm a member of the not so well known American-Soviet-Nazi-Samurai-English Imperialist-Ottoman-Zionist movement.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    How long before the Jack Boots start clearing out museums of offensive material?
    airslot, frgood and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    How long before the Jack Boots start clearing out museums of offensive material?
    There are extensive WW2 collections in private hands that I'm sure would be super offensive to the SJW's
    People need to start minding their own business

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    How fascist of them.
    The Nazis confiscated books that they did not agree with and they considered a threat to their ideology.
    Are we heading down that road?
    First coming after monuments they do not like in the public square.
    Now going after your private collections and memorabilia in you home.
    I hope this cop sues the living hell out of the city and also sues that family civilly.
    Simple solution, if you were offended leave and do not buy the house.
    KC you forgot the school text books, they are full of lies - yes proof is easy, read one of history books a child comes home with the folks that decide what your kids read goes along with their wants and needs of mass control not truth!

Short story; 2 of my best friends had two children they raised in a Christian home and church. 4 years at ECU and both came home agnostic. The amount of money my friends spent...and this is what they ended up with, brainwashed liberal kids mad that they can稚 get free birth control (Beyond sad)
    Havok, msgt/ret, airslot and 2 others like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Any good realtor will advise you to take down all personal items when you put your house up for sale. No one is interested in Grandma or your kids, and you're selling the house, not your history or preferences.

By putting his house on the market, he essentially invited potential buyers into his house.

Something tells me there is more to this story, or else--this LEO has a great civil case in the making.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I've read several reports on this from different sources and they all state he was fired following an investigation. There is no mention of what was found in that investigation that would support his firing. Perhaps there was more than just displaying memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho41 View Post
    I've read several reports on this from different sources and they all state he was fired following an investigation. There is no mention of what was found in that investigation that would support his firing. Perhaps there was more than just displaying memorabilia.
    If there was no mention of any details about said "investigation" than I am willing to believe that there was nothing incriminating to report. This is an action with a liberal agenda pushing it and I find it hard to believe that they would not take any opportunity to make public anything negative about this guy to validate their actions against him. At the moment my money is on the explanation that this was a liberal/political motivated action to get this guy removed from his job in law enforcement.
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Any good realtor will advise you to take down all personal items when you put your house up for sale. No one is interested in Grandma or your kids, and you're selling the house, not your history or preferences.

By putting his house on the market, he essentially invited potential buyers into his house.

Something tells me there is more to this story, or else--this LEO has a great civil case in the making.

You are correct that 擢AMILY pictures are to be taken down - part of the staging in a home to sell.

That was not a family picture, it was done nicely in what looks like a shadow box. We have 2 large paintings of Lee & Jackson I had framed and is in our dining room, house is even painted in the confederate colors. We池e not painting nor removing our wall art. What if it were of Lincoln? Would we need to run everything by the realtor?

Whe whole thing is ridiculous, my black friends have black art in their homes cause that is what they like - ok, I don稚 care it痴 none of my business and it wouldn稚 keep me from buying someone痴 home.
    Mjolnir likes this.
    Trust God.

Think about it.

SMDH
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links