DC's favorite bourbon?

DC's favorite bourbon?

This is a discussion on DC's favorite bourbon? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I would have have said Maker's Mark, until my sister-in-law brought over Ole Smoky Tennessee Salty Carmel Whiskey tonight. Holy cow!...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: DC's favorite bourbon?

DC's favorite bourbon?

I would have have said Maker's Mark, until my sister-in-law brought over Ole Smoky Tennessee Salty Carmel Whiskey tonight. Holy cow!

Name:  2526.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  9.3 KB

There's only one expert on bourbon on this site and his initials are OldVet....
    Force yourself to be uncomfortable.

I much prefer scotch to bourbon, but I keep a bottle of Maker's Mark for friends and relatives who prefer bourbon.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I much prefer scotch to bourbon, but I keep a bottle of Maker's Mark for friends and relatives who prefer bourbon.
    I have given away bottles of Johnny Walker Blue and Black. I just can't drink scotch. For bourbon, I try different one people swear by (Woodford's Reserve, Makers Mark, Bullit, etc.) but keep coming back to Jim Beam Black, although JB "Pre-Prohibition" rye is running a close second.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Oh hell no. It ainít bourbon unless itís made in Kentucky. That Tennessee stuff is for cleaning your toilet bowl.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

I've been switched over from Bourbon to Irish whiskey for some time. When I was a regular bourbon consumer, you could still get Pappy's. I still recommend Jefferson's as a good, commodity priced bourbon that's consistently available.

No matter what type of brown spirit you prefer:

Attachment 301832
    MMinSC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I have given away bottles of Johnny Walker Blue and Black. I just can't drink scotch. For bourbon, I try different one people swear by (Woodford's Reserve, Makers Mark, Bullit, etc.) but keep coming back to Jim Beam Black, although JB "Pre-Prohibition" rye is running a close second.
    I've got a bottle of Woodford I'll be polishing off this weekend, and I've been sipping, and growing quite fond of, Bulleit bourbon. Makers is a good 'standard' and Elijah Craig is pretty good too.

I have yet to try OldVets favorite, but I think it's time I ponie-up and try his JB Black.....
    scottync and Rock and Glock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I've got a bottle of Woodford I'll be polishing off this weekend, and I've been sipping, and growing quite fond of, Bulleit bourbon. Makers is a good 'standard' and Elijah Craig is pretty good too.

I have yet to try OldVets favorite, but I think it's time I ponie-up and try his JB Black.....
    My trip down the JBB road began at the Ft. Hood base liquor store where a guy was passing out free samples, a $2 off coupon, and a free phone calling card. That sample was the smoothest bourbon I'd ever tasted, and its hint of caramel sold me. I took the card, got my $2 off, and never looked back.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Jim Beam regular/black is my go to drink, followed by water ; )
    H/D
    scottync, Sister and msgt/ret like this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    Pretty much any scotch, but I keep a bottle of Woodford Reserve for my friends with less refined tastes.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Pretty much any scotch, but I keep a bottle of Woodford Reserve for my friends with less refined tastes.
    I'm one of the few who drink both, right now I'm working my way down a bottle of Woodford. I'll probably pick up another bottle of Balvenie next time I'm at the liquor store.

Send bachelors and come heavily armed.

Black Rifles Matter

Wild Turkey 101 is the best kept secret in bourbon. Shh, don't tell anyone. I want it to stay affordable.
    goldshellback likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    I'm one of the few who drink both, right now I'm working my way down a bottle of Woodford. I'll probably pick up another bottle of Balvenie next time I'm at the liquor store.
    I'm particularly fond of the Balvenie Doublewood and Portwood.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I'm particularly fond of the Balvenie Doublewood and Portwood.
    I have port wood taste and double wood budget!

Send bachelors and come heavily armed.

Black Rifles Matter

@scottync ; That sounds good, we are going to get a bottle of that and try it 😃

I hardly drink, stomach wonít allow it even though I do like the buzz. When I do I will agree with the OldVet school of thought and love Jim Beam, itís sweet. Anything with lots of sugar seems to tantalize my taste buds

Would choose a milkshake/ice cream/cookies/cupcakes over liquor any day of the week though!
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links