Need to Get Your Blood Boiling a Little? - Page 2

Need to Get Your Blood Boiling a Little?

This is a discussion on Need to Get Your Blood Boiling a Little? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldChap No, but it sure makes the criminal politician wrong. It also makes the voters who elected him look stupid. Besides, the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Need to Get Your Blood Boiling a Little?

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    No, but it sure makes the criminal politician wrong. It also makes the voters who elected him look stupid.

Besides, the issue isn't recording. The issue is trespassing on a crime scene, possibly destroying evidence, interfering with an investigation, and refusing a lawful order to move. What would you have done?
    I would have done the same thing. I remember once long ago when the assistant chief of police of my town committed a wrongful taking of private property (not my property). I confronted him and called the department. Later, my dad insisted I go to the department and apologize, which I did, under protest. During the apology, the assistant chief told me how I hated all police officers. I told him I had nothing against anyone but him. I was later privately applauded by several officers, and thanked for standing up for what I thought was right. The private property was returned to the rightful owner.

I once witnessed a driver committing several traffic offences, driving on the wrong side, turning left on several red lights (on the wrong side), and cutting of traffic. I reported him and was told to let it go (different town). He was the chief of police's son. It's OK for them, not for us. Double standards does not cut it for me.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

No, but it sure makes the criminal politician wrong. It also makes the voters who elected him look stupid.
    That is the word I opened with to describe the commissioner (Gelin). Redundant.

Besides, the issue isn't recording. The issue is trespassing on a crime scene, possibly destroying evidence, interfering with an investigation, and refusing a lawful order to move. What would you have done?
    These are a restatement of the accusation against officer Gallardo. So with no investigation, both sides are equally valid; or invalid. Again, redundancy isn't moving the conversation.
    OldChap likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

At the risk of ruffling feathers, I give the benefit of the doubt to officers as a matter of course. Talk is cheap. People who put their lives on the line every day command a certain respect from me. Others may not see it that way, which is fine. It's their choice. But please note the story only contained one version of the issue. The officer was a better man and chose not to respond - and rightfully so.

On the other hand, I don't tolerate ANY misconduct from officers. They took an oath and I firmly believe it must be taken so seriously that their reputation and job depends on it. In my classes (mandatory in my department) on police ethics, I frequently asked officers if they had ever been offered a free cup of coffee while in uniform. Then I asked how many actually accepted it. (Without raising hands) I followed that by asking them what the officers think the people they served in their community thought of an officer who accepted freebies that were not offered to the citizens.

A trivial matter? Yes, but indicative of a mindset that says, "I will never purposefully do wrong, I will never take advantage of my position, and if I make a mistake I will do my best to make it right." And that was just the introduction. Is this officer like that? I have no way of knowing...but then none of us do. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me until the evidence says otherwise.

Are there officers who do bad things? Of course. But for every one that does, there are thousands who do not and they serve in a difficult, dangerous, and mostly thankless job day in and day out. That they have to endure public humiliation, such as in this case, is absolutely unforgivable. My opinion anyway.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    He should have tuned him up when he had him in custody.
    There are few things I like worse than a bad cop. They are lower than common criminals for the simple reason that they enjoy qualified immunity and have no compunction to abuse their authority, which they get from us. However I have only run into one of them in my life and I won that encounter. All other cops I have encountered have not only been true professionals but quite friendly and very appreciative of chatting with us locals.

Judging by the trash's previous record, I would wager an easy $1,000 that this cop in question was anything but a bad cop.
    Last edited by SouthernBoyVA; September 29th, 2019 at 02:29 PM.
    OldChap, flintlock62 and M1911A1 like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

This just reinforces the fact that I am glad that I am RETIRED and have no intentions of ever being involved in L.E. again. It was a great job....but O'Bozo was successful in driving a huge wedge between officers and the public!
    OldChap and retired badge 1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    This just reinforces the fact that I am glad that I am RETIRED and have no intentions of ever being involved in L.E. again. It was a great job....but O'Bozo was successful in driving a huge wedge between officers and the public!
    AMEN Brother.

It is sickening. I got spit on in a Walmart checkout one day. I was in uniform with Lt. bars on one collar and a large cross on the other (Chaplain). The temptation to have her arrested and watch the spit bag go on was almost overwhelming, but I just smiled and left. I don't know how many times I could have endured that nonsense though.

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

AMEN Brother.

It is sickening. I got spit on in a Walmart checkout one day. I was in uniform with Lt. bars on one collar and a large cross on the other (Chaplain). The temptation to have her arrested and watch the spit bag go on was almost overwhelming, but I just smiled and left. I don't know how many times I could have endured that nonsense though.
    Why not spit back at her? Or is that not allowed (this is an honest question since I really don't know whether or not it is allowed)? Reminds me of those LEO's in New York and Jersey getting water thrown on them. I would have loved to see them respond in kind with non-sudsing amonia or some similar products. Get back at them.
    OldChap likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    Why not spit back at her? Or is that not allowed (this is an honest question since I really don't know whether or not it is allowed)? Reminds me of those LEO's in New York and Jersey getting water thrown on them. I would have loved to see them respond in kind with non-sudsing amonia or some similar products. Get back at them.
    Easy answer. It is not only a crime (assault), but it would be non-productive. I debated with myself about getting her arrested, but decided it probably would do more to damage my usefulness to the department than anything else in my regard, and she was most likely a single mother who would lose her kids to the system.

Besides all that, there were reasons I shouldn't discuss here, but safe to say if they hate me, it's because they hated Him first. That means I'm doing my job.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.

The mayor and the other city commissioners and the chief of police should immediately publicly condemn this dirtbag's actions. He should be removed from office due to his past criminal record alone. I hope the good citizens are proud of whom they elected.
    OldChap and msgt/ret like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links