Hey Texas folks, you seeing Kali plates a bunch?

This is a discussion on Hey Texas folks, you seeing Kali plates a bunch? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wow, I donít go out much here due to the traffic with living in a city of two and a half million people but I ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Hey Texas folks, you seeing Kali plates a bunch?

Wow, I donít go out much here due to the traffic with living in a city of two and a half million people but I have noticed LOTS of California license plates?

Whatís up with that? Nobody comes to Houston on purpose unless they are getting paid or running from something?!

Sure does look like Texas is turning blue if this keeps up.
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

The cancer is spreading.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Wow, I donít go out much here due to the traffic with living in a city of two and a half million people but I have noticed LOTS of California license plates?

Whatís up with that? Nobody comes to Houston on purpose unless they are getting paid or running from something?!

Sure does look like Texas is turning blue if this keeps up.
    If you hate it here so much you can leave.
    AzQkr likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

@Havok , sorry no intention to offend. Ive been accused of being painfully honest however I wonít lie to you and most find that comforting

Iím having a terrible time assimilating. If you knew the situation then I believe you would understand, Iím literally a prisoner in the home due to the heat here. I cannot go outside without the fear of falling or passing out due to medical issues. We both like to garden, so....between the heat and more bugs than Iíve seen in my life we finally had to go full chemical outside and stay indoors.

Not use to the constant power outages, never lived where you had to re-set your clocks daily due to power going off. We both learned from the git-go if your of the Caucasian race then you will not be welcomed by many. I donít know what the problem is we didnít have any of this in the last states we were living in. Maybe you can explain it?

I know you canít do anything about the weather anymore than we can - it is what it is. I can add to that we moved on the north side of town in what we thought was a friendly neighborhood however the neighbors stay inside. Donít know if that is due to the weather or what?

Now....tell me, are you from California? Inquiring minds

UDC member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    If you hate it here so much you can leave.
    I didn't see anywhere in her post that she indicated that she hated it. That didn't come until you rudely asked your question. That really was uncalled for and totally uncivilized. I am a displaced Texan and will probably be moving back when I retire. I am sure there will be things I don't like having not lived there for over 30 years, but just because I voice those does not mean I "hate" Texas.
    Memphis -- No. 2 on the list of most crime ridden cities in America. Working on being No. 1 but we just can't catch Detroit.

1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    The good news, is that most of the influx is in a handful of big cities. The bad news is, they are a very large voting bloc and growing. If Texas "turns blue", and its 38 electoral votes go to the statists in the Dem party, it's game over. I hate that, not my beloved Texas.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    @Havok , sorry no intention to offend. Ive been accused of being painfully honest however I wonít lie to you and most find that comforting

Iím having a terrible time assimilating. If you knew the situation then I believe you would understand, Iím literally a prisoner in the home due to the heat here. I cannot go outside without the fear of falling or passing out due to medical issues. We both like to garden, so....between the heat and more bugs than Iíve seen in my life we finally had to go full chemical outside and stay indoors.

Not use to the constant power outages, never lived where you had to re-set your clocks daily due to power going off. We both learned from the git-go if your of the Caucasian race then you will not be welcomed by many. I donít know what the problem is we didnít have any of this in the last states we were living in. Maybe you can explain it?

I know you canít do anything about the weather anymore than we can - it is what it is. I can add to that we moved on the north side of town in what we thought was a friendly neighborhood however the neighbors stay inside. Donít know if that is due to the weather or what?

Now....tell me, are you from California? Inquiring minds
    Iím not offended. No need to apologize. It just seems like youíre constantly badmouthing the area or even the state. Iím sorry to hear the adjustment hasnít gone well for you though. I know you have posted about the medical issues before. I hope you are able to get it all worked out. For the rest of your post, Iím not sure where exactly you live, but none of what you post has been my experience here.

Yes I am originally from California, unfortunately. I canít help where Iím born. I had been out of California for a while when I had moved here though. I have noticed the California plates. I see what youíre saying. I lurk in a Facebook group about people moving here from California, and most seem to be fairly conservative. However, I have a neighbor who is not one of those people. The liberals who are moving here from California arenít moving here because Texas is turning blue. They are moving here so they can turn Texas blue.
    We get the government we deserve.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Cali plates all over DFW.
    I have had to put 2 new bumper stickers on the Jeep
    WELCOME TO TEXAS, NOW GO HOME
    DON'T CALIFORNIA MY TEXAS
    I love the dirty looks I get when I pull up to them at stop lights.

Regarding Texas; first time I visited was in the 80ís and it was in Dallas for a week with my job and I loved it. Tried for years to figure out how to move here, heard nothing but wonderful things.

The people from this forum Iíve met from here are really nice, locally in our little part of Texas Iím gonna be real and just say it, dissapointed as heck. Iím sure in the past 30-40 years many places have changed.

This being said, my own hometown in NC which was picture beautiful (hello Wilmington) I donít plan on ever visiting again it has changed so much. The movie studio moved there (from Kali of course) and highway 40 connected 95 hence New York, New Jersey and Connecticut emptied their liberals there.

We are looking at lots of states and can go anywhere we want in a couple of years - our choices are being cut weekly by the laws that many states are adapting along with the liberals invading.

If you canít get that then....well then just bless your heart nobody can help you.
    LimaCharlie and Havok like this.

UDC member

Senior Moderator
    Stage Three Cancer
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

I see them a lot in AZ. I always hope they're rentals.

I am hoping most of them are conservative and/or at least pro 2A since where they are coming from certainly is not.

Not sure if this counts, but my car was stolen in Cali and recovered 2 years later in Houston. The authorities made sure the illegal driving it was released before contacting me about the storage fees.

Sister, I know exactly how you feel. We (wife and twin boys) lived there from 69-71. Loved the job but hated the heat, humidity and traffic and it has not improved. We moved back to Northeast Texas in 72 and have not regretted it. Little town where I grew up. Everybody knows everybody.....Grandpa and grandma moved here in 1889. They had 12 kids ( no TV in the bedroom). We leased land from 3 of my uncles. Started a dairy and beef operation. Then Corp of engineers decided to build a damn lake and Lake Fork was born. I donít even want to start on eminent domain! Now the Kali invasion is in full swing. Cousin is a realtor and she said seems like Kali or the Northeast is where most of her sales come from. They move in donít want to get to know the ways of a small town. They started mostly in the waterfront properties but are buying acreage now. They move away from issues but bring their mindset with them. With the major cities blue and now moving into rural areas I am afraid Texas is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    I am hoping most of them are conservative and/or at least pro 2A since where they are coming from certainly is not.
    Colorado and Idaho found out they are not. They move away from the progressive utopia, think their new neighbors are backwards, and reboot the failed systems they fled. They are a cancer not seeking a cure.
    Psalm 144:1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links