Media war on conservative culture

This is a discussion on Media war on conservative culture within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I like films. As someone who has utilized photography and video professionally throughout my working life, I have always found films to be interesting, both ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By G26Raven
  • 1 Post By airslot
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 3 Post By graydude
  • 3 Post By G26Raven

Thread: Media war on conservative culture

I like films. As someone who has utilized photography and video professionally throughout my working life, I have always found films to be interesting, both to watch and to make. Quite a few of my friends are also photographers and cinematographers, editors, and stunt people.

Due to my interest in films, I have been a long time Netflix subscriber, but when the Obamas joined the Netflix BOD it gave me pause. Still, for a long time, I did not see any sign of their influence. Until last night....

Last evening I watched a new Netflix produced film entitled, In the Shadow of the Moon. On the face of it, it seemed to have a lot of things going for it. The story is a mystery about a female serial killer, there is science fiction involved, and one of the main actors is Michael C. Hall, who I think is quite talented.

The story follows a policeman who becomes a detective who is obsessed with the killer, who only kills every 9 years. Through most of the film, the victims seem random. The opening murder is of a female black bus driver - who happens to be carrying a book on Thomas Jefferson...Later in the film, she kills a man who is obviously a conservative, who has black rifles hanging on his walls, and an American flag hanging in his office. At the end of the film it comes out that she has come back through time to kill conservative people, who in the future start a civil war. The detective accepts what she has done because it is for the good of the country.

In my future, I am going to have to find another place to watch films because I do not want to support this type of liberal garbage.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

VIP Member
    I've never dealt with Netflix. Sounds like I haven't missed anything.
    hogdaddy likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    I've never dealt with Netflix. Sounds like I haven't missed anything.
    It used to be pretty good, but they have steadily cut back on the number of DVDs you can have at one time and are obviously pushing more and more towards online delivery of content - especially their own content, which is highly variable in terms of quality. We do watch a wide variety of material, including a lot of documentaries and historical material, as well as stuff purely for entertainment.
    airslot likes this.

The plot line sounds similar to the recently canned movie about liberals hunting conservatives for sport.

One data point is a singularity; two or more becomes a trend line. The left is voicing their inner thoughts. It’s taboo to openly discuss this idea, but when put in film it can be “excused” as art rather than the sick fantasy it is.
    G26Raven, airslot and hogdaddy like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    The plot line sounds similar to the recently canned movie about liberals hunting conservatives for sport.

One data point is a singularity; two or more becomes a trend line. The left is voicing their inner thoughts. It’s taboo to openly discuss this idea, but when put in film it can be “excused” as art rather than the sick fantasy it is.
    I think you're right. The interesting trend that I have noticed is that all of the recent apocalyptic films, including stuff like The Walking Dead, all depict how society falls apart and that everyone needs a gun and/or a knife to defend themselves. That is a story line that I would have never expected to see come out of Hollywood.
    graydude, msgt/ret and hogdaddy like this.

I have Netflix online and I like it. Yes, there is some junk and some lefty stuff, but that is true of any TV source. Some of their Netflix-produced stuff is IMHO, the best TV being produced anywhere right now. Particularly series like:
    • Mindhunter
    • Bordertown
    • Delhi Crime
    • Black Spot

They are also carrying great stuff from other production companies like:
    • Blacklist
    • Bodyguard
    • Sherlock
    • Breaking Bad

That is just to name a few. I am subscribed to several online channels and Netflix is by far the most worthwhile.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Sponsored Links