Improvise!!

Improvise!!

This is a discussion on Improvise!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; https://www.facebook.com/SelectaDoug...670973329/?t=0...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By Shootnlead
  • 4 Post By SunTsu
  • 2 Post By jmf552
  • 3 Post By forester58
  • 4 Post By msgt/ret
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Improvise!!

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar

Improvise!!

forester58 and OD* like this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Link not working.

Reminds me of when I was in college I helped a friend build a VW Super Beetle from a number of scrapyard cars. The car honestly turned out far better than I expected and was his daily driver for about 2 years before he sold it. But once during the drive from college to home (about 5 hours) his throttle cable broke, so he tied some string, ran it outside the car and through the window and throttled the car with his left hand the last half of the drive.
    G26Raven, M1911A1, OD* and 1 others like this.

That's as redneck as you can get!
    msgt/ret and ETXhiker like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I had to do that driving a 1962 Falcon in a downpour because the vacuum wipers just could not keep up especially pulling any grades so I tied a rope to each wiper and ran it through the side windows opened about half an inch. The water ran down my arm and dripped off my elbow so I had an old towel on the front seat to soak it up. The funniest part is I would have to go side to side really fast when a semi passed me on that two lane highway just to see at all.
    I also had to move my wiper by hand on my first car( a 1956 VW bug) but, I could reach the drivers wiper just reaching out the window on that car.
    msgt/ret, OldVet and OD* like this.

Ah vacuum wipers, my 49 Cadillac had them worked great going downhill but not at all going uphill.
    forester58, OD*, M1911A1 and 1 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I had to do that driving a 1962 Falcon in a downpour because the vacuum wipers just could not keep up...
    You too? They really sucked.
    msgt/ret and forester58 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    Also please note Rule 13: Copyrighted material. If you are posting a copyrighted story, our rules permit the first paragraph being copied verbatim with a link pointing to the rest of the article/story's original source. You should summarize the rest of the story, in your own words, after the link. DO NOT cut and paste a complete article or story and DO NOT simply provide a link without further comment. Violations of this rule will receive one warning and then receive an infraction of no less than 10 points. Additional infractions will have their points doubled.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I was consulting to Ford back in the late 80's and we got a tour of one of their testing facilities. They had a whole giant room full of wipers going back and forth 24/7 until they failed. I quipped to a colleague, "That's not a valid test."

He said, "Why not?"

I said, "It isn't raining in there. Wipers mostly fail when it's raining and you need them!" An engineer overheard me and shot me a dirty look.

Seriously, All the guy in the OP's video would have to do is pull into a gas station or auto parts store, buy a bottle of Rain-X and apply it. That stuff works great.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Sometimes you have no choice but to go with what ya got ...
    Gun Free Zones are totally effective, and 100% safe ... (wait for it) ... (wait for it) ... until a bad guy with a gun shows up! Then suddenly, you have an uncontested Kill Zone of defensless sheep, patiently awaiting their turn for the slaughter.

Sponsored Links