Vaping - Page 4

Vaping

This is a discussion on Vaping within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldVet Next up: CBD oil enemas. That area of the body can absorb things very quickly into the blood stream. So you ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Vaping

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Next up: CBD oil enemas.
    That area of the body can absorb things very quickly into the blood stream. So you may be onto something and should look into patenting that delivery method.

On Howard Stern once, one of his staff took a beer enema. Got drunk very quickly,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Toothpicks - about three deaths a year.

You asked, I answered.
    Are those the guys who quite smoking and took up chewing toothpicks and then died of Dutch Elm Disease?????

msgt/ret, OldVet, sdprof and 2 others like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    Personal liberties cover even the things that many of us donít care for, not just firearms. Tobacco, firearms, vaping, alcohol, living in double wide trailers, driving cars with burnt rings.....are we a country of personal choices or are we a country of popular opinion? We all know that we, here on this forum, represent an unpopular minority. Yet we throw stones.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    There was a saying for years during the campaigns against smoking that if tobacco were a previously unknown commodity that were newly introduced today, the FDA would never allow it. But now they approve vaping, which may be as harmful, or even more harmful. The vapors contain tinnier particles that can get nicotine more deeply in the lungs.

The company that really got vaping off the ground, Juul, claims they did it to provide a healthier alternative to smoking, but that seems like BS and they clearly started marketing to children. Now vape units are literally blowing up and burning people's faces.

It affects all of us in higher insurance costs and second hand smoke and vape (yes, second hand vape is a thing, and dangerous). I think people should be able to do what they want, but the FDA has a responsibility to make sure consumable products are safe. Both tobacco and vape are not, so they are not doing their job. These big companies are paying off the government and that is not a good thing either.

Stupidity cannot be eliminated. However, it should not be encouraged, either.
    Juul did not get vaping off the ground, they came in as the camp robbers that always follow a market shift. Vaping was a grass roots process that was a pariah to the corporate world until it was seen as a market for Juul-like marketing.
    Savage Heartland

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Personal liberties cover even the things that many of us donít care for, not just firearms. Tobacco, firearms, vaping, alcohol, living in double wide trailers, driving cars with burnt rings.....are we a country of personal choices or are we a country of popular opinion? We all know that we, here on this forum, represent an unpopular minority. Yet we throw stones.
    I am not talking about personal choices. You want to vape, vape away as long as I don't have to breathe it in. But corporations have to market products that are safe when used as intended and instructed. Vape companies are not doing that. Also, they market to children. Children are not competent to make life altering personal choices, anymore than they can consent to have sex with adults. Also, there is no Constitutional Amendment behind the right to vape.
    OldChap likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    You win.
    Savage Heartland

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    My question at the end was serious. I want to know.
    Dead Guy.

The saying you add to your posts. The true one (Spoke with an Irish Accent!) is not. May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

But rather. May you be half an hour in hevin, before the divil knows your dead.

My mother was Irish. And my Dad's Pubs attracted the Irish!
    But I never had to physically throw an Irish Man out! Despite their well-deserved reputation for fighting.

A quick story. One day, coming home from the movies (Pictures!) I heard loud voices, one actually. From the bar. A quick peep from a side passage showed my Dad, all 5'7" and 160 lbs of him! Standing inside the public bar (You never did that, you always kept the big heavy wooden bar between you and the customers.) talking to a 6' tall and powerfully built Irish Customer.

I quickly armed myself with a large bottle of Lemonade, and a bar towel to save my hand from the bottle cap and exited the snug side of the Pub, and came in, from the Street, and sidled up behind the loud talking customer.

At 15 years old, and 5'11" tall, and skinny, I was not so imposing, but certainly quick, and strong enough to crush the skull of anyone who would hurt my Dad.

Noticing the expression on my Dad's face, our loud customer took a quick peek over his shoulder. And said, "Who is that Bill" much quieter now. "My Son," said my very calm Dad. "And phat is he going to do" to which my Dad replied, truthfully. "I don't know"

Very quitly the customer explained to me, in the low voice that you might speak to a growling dog with!

Me and your Dad were just talking. "And I was just on my way home" he slowly turned for the Street door, me behind him, and left, slamming the door hard behind him (And breaking the glass!) for which he came in and paid for the next day! My Dad told me.

If he had made a move towards my Dad, I know I would have crushed his skull, for sure. All's well that ends well.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Dead Guy.

The saying you add to your posts. The true one (Spoke with an Irish Accent!) is not. May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

But rather. May you be half an hour in hevin, before the divil knows your dead.

My mother was Irish. And my Dad's Pubs attracted the Irish!
    But I never had to physically throw an Irish Man out! Despite their well-deserved reputation for fighting.

A quick story. One day, coming home from the movies (Pictures!) I heard loud voices, one actually. From the bar. A quick peep from a side passage showed my Dad, all 5'7" and 160 lbs of him! Standing inside the public bar (You never did that, you always kept the big heavy wooden bar between you and the customers.) talking to a 6' tall and powerfully built Irish Customer.

I quickly armed myself with a large bottle of Lemonade, and a bar towel to save my hand from the bottle cap and exited the snug side of the Pub, and came in, from the Street, and sidled up behind the loud talking customer.

At 15 years old, and 5'11" tall, and skinny, I was not so imposing, but certainly quick, and strong enough to crush the skull of anyone who would hurt my Dad.

Noticing the expression on my Dad's face, our loud customer took a quick peek over his shoulder. And said, "Who is that Bill" much quieter now. "My Son," said my very calm Dad. "And phat is he going to do" to which my Dad replied, truthfully. "I don't know"

Very quitly the customer explained to me, in the low voice that you might speak to a growling dog with!

Me and your Dad were just talking. "And I was just on my way home" he slowly turned for the Street door, me behind him, and left, slamming the door hard behind him (And breaking the glass!) for which he came in and paid for the next day! My Dad told me.

If he had made a move towards my Dad, I know I would have crushed his skull, for sure. All's well that ends well.
    The version I have in my sig is from a song.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    The version I have in my sig is from a song.
    It is yours, I am not faulting it, sounds good. Just giving the saying, as I heard it. Plus what else have I got to do at 8 o'clock in the morning? Going down for my Bacon butty now, yum-yum!
    deadguy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    It is yours, I am not faulting it, sounds good. Just giving the saying, as I heard it. Plus what else have I got to do at 8 o'clock in the morning? Going down for my Bacon butty now, yum-yum!
    Ok, what is a Bacon Butty? I'm sure its delicious because, well, there's bacon involved.
    OldChap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Next up: CBD oil enemas.
    Yíall, I KNOW now why he wants the enemas and I will agree with him. My behind canít taste that nasty CBD oil!!! Gosh that stuff taste nasty. Got some CBD Oil from our local small pharma up the street and a little dab will do ya but wow it taste bad!

Regarding the Vapes; The problem was with the THC one because THEY DIDNíT USE REAL THC! Fake THC is just that, made of plastic. That was tried by drug companies a long time ago and called it Marinol or something like that. My friends doctor that gave it to her said it sucked and took her aside and told her to get the real thing (this was about 10 years ago).

Simply, you smoke plastic your gonna get sick. The only way real THC will work is that is has to be heated, itís worthlesss without heat except for becoming rope. Obviously drug companies canít make money unless they touch it and this is what happened and now they are pointing fingers - they need a mirror!

To the parents that are having trouble with your kids smoking, send them to this site - it did it for me, I quit a 25 year addiction to nicotine just by educating myself to know the monster I was up against.

https://whyquit.com/

^^^ This is the meat, very young people are dying from nicotine they donít even need the vape to push it along.
    msgt/ret, OldChap, MMinSC and 1 others like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

I switched from smoking to vaping, eight or nine years ago. I've searched for data showing it to be harmful, and have found none except that related to vaping of illicit products, like those made from marijuana. There is anecdotal evidence of risk from using particular types of devices, specifically those that are tuned by the user to generate very large volumes of vapor (higher voltages, currents, temperatures affecting the chemistry).

If someone knows of data showing injury related to use of standard commercial products, please let me know. Otherwise, I see no reason to believe it any more dangerous than anything in the millions of sub-micron particles of unknown nature that all of us breathe every single day.

But one thing I know for certain is that our government has some axe to grind here, though I don't understand exactly what it is. For example, in Minnesota, smoking has been banned from most indoor areas for many years, the argument for the ban being the data showing the dangers of second-hand smoke. A few years ago, this ban was extended to e-cigarettes, despite a lack of any such data - the rationale given by those who passed it was "no one has proven it's not dangerous." Today their dutiful lapdogs in the press report loudly on sickness caused by vaping, while barely mentioning that the sick were all using illegal marijuana products. It's a little like pointing at a guy who died after eating a poisoned cupcake, and saying "witness the dangers of cupcakes!"

In short, I don't buy any of it. It may well be that there are dangers, but so far I can find no reason to believe so, aside from innuendo and paranoia.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I switched from smoking to vaping, eight or nine years ago. I've searched for data showing it to be harmful, and have found none except that related to vaping of illicit products, like those made from marijuana. There is anecdotal evidence of risk from using particular types of devices, specifically those that are tuned by the user to generate very large volumes of vapor (higher voltages, currents, temperatures affecting the chemistry).

If someone knows of data showing injury related to use of standard commercial products, please let me know. Otherwise, I see no reason to believe it any more dangerous than anything in the millions of sub-micron particles of unknown nature that all of us breathe every single day.

But one thing I know for certain is that our government has some axe to grind here, though I don't understand exactly what it is. For example, in Minnesota, smoking has been banned from most indoor areas for many years, the argument for the ban being the data showing the dangers of second-hand smoke. A few years ago, this ban was extended to e-cigarettes, despite a lack of any such data - the rationale given by those who passed it was "no one has proven it's not dangerous." Today their dutiful lapdogs in the press report loudly on sickness caused by vaping, while barely mentioning that the sick were all using illegal marijuana products. It's a little like pointing at a guy who died after eating a poisoned cupcake, and saying "witness the dangers of cupcakes!"

In short, I don't buy any of it. It may well be that there are dangers, but so far I can find no reason to believe so, aside from innuendo and paranoia.
    I think if you follow the money, you'll know what axe is being ground and why.
    Havok and MMinSC like this.

Here goes, in London, it is called a Sandwich, in Liverpool, and the north of England, a Bacon Butty. How my Wife makes it. Two well-done slices of toast, buttered, then lay your slices of bacon on one slice, press the other slice on top. I love it in slices, so I cut it in 1" strips. And of course, being English born, HP Brown Sauce, liberally spread on the bacon, before the second piece of toast is pressed down. Then cut it into strips.

Fantastic.
    msgt/ret, OldChap and MMinSC like this.

Marc Liverman

@marc Liverman
    #BREAKING: at least 4 people are dead, 5 others are injured after a shooting in #Brooklyn. So far, no one has been arrested. It happened in the Weeksville section, possibly at a private social club. @cb SNews @cb SNewYork

Embedded video
    8:38 AM - Oct 12, 2019 ∑ Brooklyn, NY
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    16 people are talking about this
    According to police, four men were pronounced dead at the scene.

Three victims suffered serious injuries.

No arrests have been made at this time.

Further details have not yet been released.

Stay with CBS2 and CBSNewYork.com for more details on this developing story.

4 Dead, 3 Hurt In Brooklyn Shooting.

And no one armed! To fight back, stupid City!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links