Elizabeth Warren on gun control - Page 2

Elizabeth Warren on gun control

This is a discussion on Elizabeth Warren on gun control within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; She makes great butter, though:...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Warren on gun control

She makes great butter, though:

Name:  warren.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  15.5 KB
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Dude, sorry to say it, but the hard reality today is if we don't want our gun rights crushed, we will have to vote for the candidates pushing the "fewest and mildest bans on firearms." Anything else just makes things worse. We no longer have the luxury of being purists anymore. It is the "lesser of evils" from here on out. We also need more conservative judges and justices.
    Thank you for your opinion, Dude, however I am not really a lesser of two evils Dude. We now know that the president whomever that might be will not support our 2A Rights. A candidate does not have to come after my gun lose my vote. A candidate only has to fail to express support for my rights. Our sitting president did that, and I voted for him. He lied and lost my vote. If I have no one to votes for in the presidential election, so be it. I will strive to support legislative candidates who will stand up for my rights. I will support GOA and 2FA because they will support my rights and have no dependency on the executive branch. I do understand what you are saying, but after decades of supporting the lesser of two evils and getting screwed, I am not doing it again. I will just carve out my place in the world, and, if they come for my gun, well ................................. I am not afraid to die, and no one depends upon me anymore.

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    ...Either way, I am facing an upcoming quandary. Damn.
    Really? DJT may not be perfect in his support of the 2A, but I will not let perfection be the enemy of good enough. Especially considering the alternative.
    Arrow, OD*, KILTED COWBOY and 4 others like this.
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I will never sit out an election.
    I am not a one issue voter although my gun rights are right there at the top, there are other important issues I consider when I support a candidate.
    TJT may not be my dream president on gun rights, but I totally support a lot of what he has done domestically with our economy and with his foreign policies and his stand on illegal immigration
    So yes I will vote for the lesser of two evils.
    The elections lately have been way too close and every vote counts.
    Many of y'all on this forum have served and fought to give me that right.

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    Really? DJT may not be perfect in his support of the 2A, but I will not let perfection be the enemy of good enough. Especially considering the alternative.
    MJK I was in Florida, at an IALEFI Yearly Conference. On an Indian Reservation, a hotel. We had a surprise Guest Speaker! They had two Officers, guarding the door. No reporters or foreigners? Me being one, foreigner that is.

The General walked to me, said how long have you been a Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor. 20 years I said. "Let him in" You should have heard his speech! It brought the house down.
    Rockymonster and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    I personally don't think the man's fit to be president, but he's certainly better than any of the other alternatives, so he'll get my vote.

I do think it's sad that the situation is such that I have to choose the lesser evil rather than someone I think will be a good president, but that's pretty much all politics these days.
    Goldstar225 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Thank you for your opinion, Dude, however I am not really a lesser of two evils Dude. We now know that the president whomever that might be will not support our 2A Rights. A candidate does not have to come after my gun lose my vote. A candidate only has to fail to express support for my rights. Our sitting president did that, and I voted for him. He lied and lost my vote. If I have no one to votes for in the presidential election, so be it. I will strive to support legislative candidates who will stand up for my rights. I will support GOA and 2FA because they will support my rights and have no dependency on the executive branch. I do understand what you are saying, but after decades of supporting the lesser of two evils and getting screwed, I am not doing it again. I will just carve out my place in the world, and, if they come for my gun, well ................................. I am not afraid to die, and no one depends upon me anymore.
    Call it what you will, in this election, if people with your stance don’t vote to help re-elect the “lesser of two evils”....the “greater of two evils” will cripple this country to the point we may never recover....IMHO...
    mmb617, Bikenut, airslot and 3 others like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Here's some real advice from a genuine Native American and an authority on the subject!

Attachment 303898
    G26Raven likes this.

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    I personally don't think the man's fit to be president, but he's certainly better than any of the other alternatives, so he'll get my vote.

I do think it's sad that the situation is such that I have to choose the lesser evil rather than someone I think will be a good president, but that's pretty much all politics these days.
    That seems to always be the case...choose the lesser of two evils. In other words the one who aligns mostly with your positions.

By the way my 401k’s have rocked big time since DJT came on the scene. I can fund lots of shooting when I retire, kind of like Tangle. :-)
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    MJK I was in Florida, at an IALEFI Yearly Conference. On an Indian Reservation, a hotel. We had a surprise Guest Speaker! They had two Officers, guarding the door. No reporters or foreigners? Me being one, foreigner that is.

The General walked to me, said how long have you been a Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor. 20 years I said. "Let him in" You should have heard his speech! It brought the house down.
    Awesome! Would love to have been there. Is a transcript of the speech available to the public?
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    The Bodyguards of James “Mad Dog” Mattis did not allow phones! Two big young men, dressed in 511 pants, and photograph style vests. Our IDs from the Seminar were our entree to the venue.

A Police Officer Sgt. A friend of mine was going out on the town and asked me to watch his Buzz Gun. I stuck it under our bed, it was in a fitted case. My Wife asked what a Buzz Gun was? When I told her a Machine Gun! She did not sleep easy.
    We lived in Toronto at the time, she was not up on the USA lifestyle of Law Enforcement.

General Mattis had personality in bucketfuls! He was not keen on the handling of the Troops in the Far East.
    G26Raven likes this.

I have some Cherokee blood, so hopefully I can get away with this one:

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I'm old enough that Social Security eligibility is pretty far in the rearview mirror. I've never missed at least the two-year elections, although I haven't been as good with the local ones. In all those years, I only voted for President with no reservations twice - both times for Reagan. And it's not like he never did anything to disappoint me when in office.

I don't believe voting is a privilege. I believe it's a duty that comes with citizenship, along with a duty to try to learn enough about the candidates to make a halfway educated decision, not that that was easy back in the day of much more limited information than now, and not that trying to tell the difference between partisan propaganda and truth is easy these days.

Gun rights are only one of the issues I care about, and maybe I was wrong, but I never worried much about that issue until this century. Now it's one more thing to work into the balance when deciding on candidates, and primaries loom larger in my mind than they used to.
    msgt/ret, G26Raven and Sister like this.

Name:  FB5E2C9F-BB61-4FB1-97DF-9F49B6C13AB3.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  91.2 KB
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links