Medical forums and missing boxes, how racist! (Kinda rant) - Page 2

Medical forums and missing boxes, how racist! (Kinda rant)

This is a discussion on Medical forums and missing boxes, how racist! (Kinda rant) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Back in the day, "white non-Hispanic", believe it or not, came from law enforcement agencies along the US/Mexico border. Many Mexican and American citizens appeared ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Medical forums and missing boxes, how racist! (Kinda rant)

Back in the day, "white non-Hispanic", believe it or not, came from law enforcement agencies along the US/Mexico border. Many Mexican and American citizens appeared "white" (or maybe Anglo-Saxon is a more accurate term) when people would identify folks to LEO's. After the person was arrested, they were discovered to be descended from the Spanish settlers in Mexico and were Mexican citizens.

Even today, if you go to Mexico city and walk around much, you will see these descendants who do not have the appearance of the traditional Mexican. Closer to the border in this day, most of the descendants of the mixing of the Spanish and native Indian inhabitants are easily identified as to their racial origins. The "white non-Hispanic" term was supposed to clarify that issue for law enforcement officers.

A good friend and former church member once told me, "People always confuse my descendants. I am NOT a Hispanic." To this day I still don't know (or care) about his racial origins. He is a USMC vet who served three tours in Vietnam. He is, and always will be in my book, AN AMERICAN.

There may be other origins for the term, but that is one that I know about.
    ShooterGranny and Sister like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

When I lived in New Mexico I had friends who had Hispanic last names yet they didn't speak Spanish! It actually annoyed them when someone would say something to them in Spanish! I would be willing to bet they are big supporters of the wall!
    Sister and OldChap like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    The “Partners” word, now straight folks are using it too which further confuses me. My whole life (until now) we only used the word Partner when Dancing? Swing your partner doe-see-doe 💃 🎵 think that is when gay meant happy and nothing more.
    You know it's also wrong to borrow someone else's culture.... DR

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Back in the day, "white non-Hispanic", believe it or not, came from law enforcement agencies along the US/Mexico border. Many Mexican and American citizens appeared "white" (or maybe Anglo-Saxon is a more accurate term) when people would identify folks to LEO's. After the person was arrested, they were discovered to be descended from the Spanish settlers in Mexico and were Mexican citizens.

Even today, if you go to Mexico city and walk around much, you will see these descendants who do not have the appearance of the traditional Mexican. Closer to the border in this day, most of the descendants of the mixing of the Spanish and native Indian inhabitants are easily identified as to their racial origins. The "white non-Hispanic" term was supposed to clarify that issue for law enforcement officers.

A good friend and former church member once told me, "People always confuse my descendants. I am NOT a Hispanic." To this day I still don't know (or care) about his racial origins. He is a USMC vet who served three tours in Vietnam. He is, and always will be in my book, AN AMERICAN.

There may be other origins for the term, but that is one that I know about.
    Oh gosh OldChap now I’m more confused. I’ve never been to Mexico but it said I’m White Non-Hispanic? This is the closest I’ve been to there. Sometimes in some places on some days you could convenience me that I am in Mexico

We’ll have to get together and you can write it down for me slow and draw pictures so I can understand. I started this thread in jest at all the craziness about all the descriptions we’re getting now on these forums with the CEO’s in companies/hospitals/gubment trying to be so PC for the snowflake tide eating generation. I’m sick of it, I call people either “nice” or a “stupid A” and that is as black and white I get about it. Either I like you or don’t, the PC police are driving me nuts!
    5lima30ret, msgt/ret and OldChap like this.
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    When I lived in New Mexico I had friends who had Hispanic last names yet they didn't speak Spanish! It actually annoyed them when someone would say something to them in Spanish! I would be willing to bet they are big supporters of the wall!
    Every church I ever served had people of all races. Those who immigrated legally from Mexico and had become citizens vehemently despised those who came here illegally. These folks were some of the best Americans I ever met - fiercely proud of this country. The had opportunities here they never would have had in Mexico, and they made the most of it. They will always be some of the finest friends I've ever had.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Could Charlize Therron identify as an African American?

Distinguished Member Array darbo's Avatar
    I work with a guy from South Africa. So he marks African if it's an option. He's white. Really confuses folks!
    5lima30ret likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Thankfully, our current providers are all in the same group with amazing technology that avoids all of that stuff for the most part.

Just wait until the BATFE refines the 4473:

• 72 Gender boxes,
    • 11,4386 Ethnicities,
    • 15,714 Races, and

A bunch of boxes about "partners"

And then you catch a felony because you didn't choose the correct box.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links