What's the difference between California and the Titanic? - Page 2

What's the difference between California and the Titanic?

This is a discussion on What's the difference between California and the Titanic? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by starlights - Do not let the machine DIVIDE US. - We are majority pro 2A here both in population and geography - ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: What's the difference between California and the Titanic?

Quote Originally Posted by starlights View Post
    - Do not let the machine DIVIDE US.
    - We are majority pro 2A here both in population and geography
    - 2 cities (LA and SF) control the constituency here
    - stand with us (the majority of CA)
    - we cannot make a difference without your help and support
    You aren't even really pro 2A. You also seem to lack an understanding of how elections are won. your map means nothing.
    G26Raven and Rockymonster like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    You aren't even really pro 2A. You also seem to lack an understanding of how elections are won. your map means nothing.
    - I am pro 2A, so is the majority of CA
    - that's what many of you anti-californians don't comprehend
    - instead you fall for the old divide and conquer routine and spread hatred towards California instead of recognizing the majority support you have here in this beautiful state

- I personally do and always will support red-flag laws
    - that puts me in the minority here in CA

- my point is not to talk about red-flag laws
    - my point is to REMIND everyone that california is not anti-gun or anti-2A

- the state is LITERALLY 'split' 60/40 with respect to gun-rights %60 red, 40% blue
    - the high-rent cities of LA and SF control the politics despite the geographic and population majority being red

- what many outsiders don't realize is that the red counties are fighting tooth and nail politically for 2A rights here including the county sheriffs

- so I'm just saying before you BASH california as if we're New Jersey GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
    - the map is correct, the majority of the PEOPLE in this state are pro2A/'red'
    - these people NEED your support versus bashing

- show some california love

- so if you are serious about helping (or 2a rights in general) try getting the word out about how california actually is, and not the crap and FUD amplified in the mainstream media..

- the state is LITERALLY 'split' 60/40 with respect to gun-rights %60 red, 40% blue
    - the high-rent cities of LA and SF control the politics despite the geographic and population majority being red

amplified in the mainstream media..
    If the majority of the population were red, then the state would be RED. But the liberal metro areas outnumber the rest, so they get more reps, so they dominate, despite the geographic spread of red.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

- that's what many of you anti-californians don't comprehend
    - instead you fall for the old divide and conquer routine and spread hatred towards California instead of recognizing the majority support you have here in this beautiful state

- I personally do and always will support red-flag laws
    - that puts me in the minority here in CA

- my point is not to talk about red-flag laws
    - my point is to REMIND everyone that california is not anti-gun or anti-2A

- what many outsiders don't realize is that the red counties are fighting tooth and nail politically for 2A rights here including the county sheriffs

- so I'm just saying before you BASH california as if we're New Jersey GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
    - the map is correct, the majority of the PEOPLE in this state are pro2A/'red'
    - these people NEED your support versus bashing

- show some california love

- so if you are serious about helping (or 2a rights in general) try getting the word out about how california actually is, and not the crap and FUD amplified in the mainstream media..
    Anyone who supports red flag laws is neither pro 2A or pro 4A.

Your state is not split 60/40 the way you say. Take a look at your states legislature. Democrats hold 29 of 40 seats in the state Senate and 61 of 80 in the house, you guys elected Pelosis nephew by a wide margin. You may be unaware of how much of the red is made up of desert and mountains that are nearly uninhabited, but some of us are not.
    G26Raven and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The Titanic was the second of three sister ships, the Olympic class ocean liners, all built in Belfast. I think it's interesting to recall the story of Miss Violet Jessop. She was an ocean liner stewardess and nurse who is known for surviving major accidents on all three of the Olympic class liners. She was onboard for the collision of the Olympic with a British warship in 1911, the sinking of Titanic in 1912 and the sinking of the Britannic in 1916.

She saved the life of a baby during the Titanic sinking. She continued her career on ocean liners until retirement. She lived to 83, dying in 1971.
    As we say "The luck of the Irish"

Starlights, your arguments about how California voted and their conservative nature just don't hold water at all. Here are the results from three rural counties in California that all voted for Clinton in 2016. These were ones I just picked randomly. If I wanted to spend more time on this, I am sure I could find plenty more.

Name:  Mendocino.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  San-Bern.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  25.9 KB

Name:  San-Joaq.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  25.7 KB
    Havok and msgt/ret like this.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    What's the difference? Nothing, they both sank due to stupidity.
    And arrogance at the highest levels.

The Titanic had its lights on, and it knew where it was going, it had a map and compass.
    And, it hit an iceberg by accident, and did not hit it by design, which is what California will do.
    The new motto if California should be: Full steam ahead! We don't need no stupid map!
    G26Raven, Havok and MMinSC like this.
    Crabby Old Goat, that's me!

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    If the majority of the population were red, then the state would be RED. But the liberal metro areas outnumber the rest, so they get more reps, so they dominate, despite the geographic spread of red.
    - lol do you not think I know this?
    - my point is to not discount the PEOPLE of CA as MOST OF US do not agree with the restrictions here
    - the metro areas don't actually outnumber the rest but the do pay more $$$ per capita, thus their control

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Anyone who supports red flag laws is neither pro 2A or pro 4A.

Your state is not split 60/40 the way you say. Take a look at your states legislature. Democrats hold 29 of 40 seats in the state Senate and 61 of 80 in the house, you guys elected Pelosis nephew by a wide margin. You may be unaware of how much of the red is made up of desert and mountains that are nearly uninhabited, but some of us are not.

- let me start over because it seems like some of you are not understanding
    - most people in CA vote red
    - it DOESN'T MATTER because LA and SF votes COUNT MORE (if you catch my drift)

- my point?
    - Please realize that MOST people in CA are pro 2A and enjoy guns and shooting sports etc
    - thus don't bash the entire state

- I posted up a few maps and all i'm hearing is "NUU UUUH!"
    - California is not a city.
    - California is not 'uninhabited' outside of LA and SF

- So please support CA instead of bashing it
    - TV lies to you

- #1 reason the sheriff said people dont apply for CCWs "people don't think we grant them" based on newsmedia, rumor, mythology, popular belief, etc

- Do any of you even realize there is a REAL EFFORT to divide the state into 2, with the RED side being called "NEW CALIFORNIA"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...te/1036681001/

- sure it's probably not going to happen lol

- but it echoes my point.... the state is NOT what you think it is 80% of california is NOT what you're thinking... just like NY state... only 10% is the NYC stereotype... the rest of the state is RED... but they, like CA are controlled by the high-rent voters in the high-rent metro areas

- and YES i am pro 2A and YES I support red-flag laws... your right to bear arms is REMOVED once you prove yourself to be criminally-minded.
    - a person has a 'right' to free-speech, that doesnt then given him the right to make threats and call it 'free speech'

- you have a right to firearms, IF YOU ARE A GOOD LAW-ABIDING PERSON

- if you think rights superceede laws, then tell that to an inmate who has LOST nearly all of his 'rights'.

- rights are conditional

- conditional to abiding by the laws

...and YES i am pro 2A and YES I support red-flag laws... your right to bear arms is REMOVED once you prove yourself to be criminally-minded.
    Please tell us, sir, why did you ruin such a good post with the above paragraph?

One cannot support red flag laws and the US Constitution at the same time; that is a contradiction.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Havok, G26Raven, sdprof and 1 others like this.

- my point?
    - Please realize that MOST people in CA are pro 2A and enjoy guns and shooting sports etc

- TV lies to you

- #1 reason the sheriff said people dont apply for CCWs "people don't think we grant them" based on newsmedia, rumor, mythology, popular belief, etc

- Do any of you even realize there is a REAL EFFORT to divide the state into 2, with the RED side being called "NEW CALIFORNIA"

- but it echoes my point.... the state is NOT what you think it is 80% of california is NOT what you're thinking... just like NY state... only 10% is the NYC stereotype... the rest of the state is RED... but they, like CA are controlled by the high-rent voters in the high-rent metro areas

- and YES i am pro 2A and YES I support red-flag laws... your right to bear arms is REMOVED once you prove yourself to be criminally-minded.
    - a person has a 'right' to free-speech, that doesnt then given him the right to make threats and call it 'free speech'

- if you think rights superceede laws, then tell that to an inmate who has LOST nearly all of his 'rights'.

- rights are conditional

If the majority of California voted red, 55 votes wouldn’t ah e gone to Hillary Clinton and Gavin newsom wouldnt be governor. You have no idea what you’re talking about. You’re arguing with multiple people who used to live in California.

Starlights, you live in La La Land. The "effort" to divide the state has been going on for years. Never going to happen.

What's the difference between California and the Titanic?-8432213_web1_lalalandfb.jpg
    Havok and msgt/ret like this.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    You could not take a poop on the deck of the Titanic.
    Ok, maybe on the "poop deck"
    G26Raven, Havok and sdprof like this.

- my point?

- TV lies to you

- rights are conditional

I fear that you suffer from terminal cranial-rectal inversion. No way can Komiefornia be majority pro 2A as you say. Even if LA and SF are strong anti 2A, unless they out number the rest of the state they would be a minority. States do not have electoral college type elections, state election are majority vote, so if, as you say, the rest of the state being the majority, the majority would rule and Komiefornia would be pro 2A, and would be a red state.
    G26Raven and Havok like this.
    By now our forefathers would be shooting.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Lansing Muzzle Loading Gun Club
    visit us at: http://www.lansingmuzzleloadinggunclub.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links