CBD oil

CBD oil

This is a discussion on CBD oil within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thought OldVet had a thread on this but couldnít find it? Tried some CBD oil from the local compound pharmacy, went into it very skeptical. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: CBD oil

CBD oil

Thought OldVet had a thread on this but couldnít find it?

Tried some CBD oil from the local compound pharmacy, went into it very skeptical. Oh my this is wonderful stuff!!! The sample they gave me was 500 mg (I think) and the one CWO brought me home is the 2000 mg, strong stuff. I havenít slept this good in years, wow! What little stress I had is down to zero, pain level dropped quite a bit too!

highly recommend this stuff if you can find a good source. The stronger one was $149. For two ounces, for the 500 mg it was around $60 for 1 oz to give you an idea what the real stuff is going for. Iím skeptical about getting any on-line esp after what all they found in the vapes. I think the 2 oz bottle will at least last a month, worth every penny! (Much less than RXís and safer). Iím honestly enjoying the feeling, not high just chilled and relaxed.

IMHO a Compound Pharmacy is the way to go with CBD oil. BTW, get the unflavored, the flavored I thought was terrible.
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

We gave it to our dog for arthritis. It didn't cure it but it extended her life

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    We gave it to our dog for arthritis. It didn't cure it but it extended her life
    Our cat has cancer however he doesnít know it! Is eating fine and acting well even with the tumors on him. We put him on RSO and believe it extended his life. He isnít on it now but is still doing good ~ Iím a believer!
    Shootnlead and Rockymonster like this.

UDC member

Sister, I have a good friend who uses it as does his mother-in-law. They both swear by it for pain relief.
    Sister likes this.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

VIP Member
    Good for you Sister! I got on board two years ago after shoulder surgery....topographical for pain relief (in the form of a salve). I went from there.

Youíll find that itís much more economical if you buy quality buds, online or locally, and process yourself. Get full spectrum stuff. A friend showed me how he makes salve with a crock pot and cocoa butter as the base. A little bees wax is an option. Since heís been making it for me cheaper, I havenít yet done. Oils can be extracted in the kitchen sink,so to speak, with Everclear. Ingestibles (sp?). There are many options. Iíve got a local grower that sells by the ounce so I donít have to plunk down the money for a pound. Whatever you produce can be packaged in small, appropriate containers bought online, and it makes good Christmas gifts.

As a side note, I gave low pet doses to an old cat we had, who was suffering with arthritis, and it helped him out. Our old dog, who suffered from angst from time to time, CBD only seemed to make things worse for him. Like people, itís not for everyone. He started worrying about the checkbook balance or something.

BTW....the crockpot method makes the house reek of hippies. Better done out in the shed.
    ShooterGranny and Sister like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Tried it for insomnia. Didn't do a thing for that or any little ache or pains I have. Snake oil IMO.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishoot View Post
    Tried it for insomnia. Didn't do a thing for that or any little ache or pains I have. Snake oil IMO.
    It could be that you got a batch of snake oil. Thereís plenty out there.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Entirely possible. There's a thousand companies out there selling this stuff. I did a ton of research and found what I thought to be a reputable brand.
    Sister likes this.

flh
    @Sister I very glad to hear you have found some help with your pain , I'm going to have to look into this again for for Mrs.Flh.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CBD oil-img_0851.jpg  

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

I don't think I had a thread on this, although I may have mentioned it at some point. There is too big of a wonder-drug market and too little control over what you're getting for me to mess with it. I think there're still some legal concerns with it, at least in FL. So I'll bide my time and see where this miracle drug goes.
    msgt/ret, OD* and Pete63 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Haven't used the oil, but I have had good results with a CBD pain salve that worked on my sore shoulder. Much better than any of the OTC "icy hot" type stuff from Walgreens.
    Sister and Pete63 like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    So how much are you taking for better sleep? This is one thing that isnít clear in any online dosage recommendations. They tell you what the full bottle contains, but now how much to take. I have a 1000mg bottle and 1ml is like 37 mg. Iíve taken 1ml several times and it did nothing for me.
    Sister likes this.

@StripesDude ;

I take my meds like I cook; use some, then some more if needed. (Truth)

Here are pics of what I have, what it says on the sides, what it cost and a link on the bottle as to where it came from. I got it at a privately owned pharmacy called a compounding pharmacy. Was told by the pharmacist and a person at a CBD store that the ďfull spectrumĒ is the one to get and it is what I have.

See pics below:

So this stuff is the strongest, I shake it up and squirt half-whole dropper full under my tongue then wait 30 min to an hour. A whole droppper full will guarantee me a nap lol!

Heads up, to me the flavored was terrible, went with the unflavored. It taste like pot...so Iím told

Honestly, itís been about a week now and Iíve slept great every night. Havenít seen sleep like this in years!

CBD oil-b9e90bf6-8450-4e66-846f-9349e1b7eb23.jpegCBD oil-dc5f63c3-6796-45a3-8cbf-bbd23e7a1f4f.jpeg CBD oil-1a7a819e-7eae-4249-a8ac-bbabbe0b8d55.jpegCBD oil-f9d0cf51-f9a0-4846-bfed-6edda3816a68.jpeg

UDC member

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Sister;7809984]

Honestly, itís been about a week now and Iíve slept great every night. Havenít seen sleep like this in years!
    [QUOTE=Sister;7809984]

Bet you are eating good, too.
    ButtShot14 likes this.
    ďThe everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.Ē Skeeter Skelton

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    Bet you are eating good, too.
    not what was expected. CBD doesnít give me the munchies, the eating problem I have is the lack of energy to fix food. I have anemia and am seeing a GI doc for that. There is leaking blood somewhere in the guts and they are going to make a bum trip with the colonoscopy tube to look for it soon.

Oh Boy, goody! (sarcasm)

Am tired of being so tired, hope they can fix whatever it is but is very nice to sleep so good! 😃

UDC member

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links