Man beats peeping Tom to death

Man beats peeping Tom to death

This is a discussion on Man beats peeping Tom to death within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My only opinion is , a confrontation would have happened at my house . A Florida man has been arrested after catching a peeping Tom ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Man beats peeping Tom to death

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array flh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York...NOT ...Noo Yawk
    Posts
    1,889

    Man beats peeping Tom to death

    My only opinion is , a confrontation would have happened at my house .


    A Florida man has been arrested after catching a peeping Tom outside of his window and beating him to death.


    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/man-beats-...opstories.html



    Go Pack Go


    Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

    Sonic .

  2. #2
    Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    906
    I hope he gets a bunch of DC members on his jury if it gets to trial.

  3. #3
    Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Southeast GA
    Posts
    1,659
    This guy is probably in deep stuff....just depends on what ensued in the fight.

    It seems extreme to me...but I don't know if a weapon was introduced or what type action took place in the engagement.
    baren likes this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array hogdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    N/E Florida
    Posts
    3,892
    A few good shots (Right hook) to the noggin, could have took the guy out for the count. ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE


    IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,231
    We don't know all the facts, but just based on the report, I join the righteous indignation at what the peeping tom did. It is despicable and he should have been caught and punished...by the law. But what he did is not a capital crime. We can't justify summary executions on every offense that enrages us.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    31,670
    People should also learn to close the blinds.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  7. #7
    Senior Member Array Psycho41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    We don't know all the facts, but just based on the report, I join the righteous indignation at what the peeping tom did. It is despicable and he should have been caught and punished...by the law. But what he did is not a capital crime. We can't justify summary executions on every offense that enrages us.
    Rape isn't a capital offense. Would you say the same if the father of an 11 year old girl walked in on the assault of his daughter and killed the assailant in a fit of rage? I'm not expressly disagreeing with you. But, I don't think it would be unreasonable for someone in such a violated state to take action against the perpetrator. It also states "a fight broke out". For all we know the peeping tom instigated the physical confrontation. The peeping tom didn't deserve to die for that crime, but how his death came about *may* have been reasonable. In any event, he instigated the events that led to his death. I have no opinion on guilt or innocence on the man involved. I would want to see the facts of the case: e.g. was the dead man beaten profusely, hit once or twice, did the man who killed him have any wounds, etc.
    KILTED COWBOY and Brad426 like this.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array graydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    3,509
    The dead guy wasn't beat to death on the spot, he was transported to a hospital and died hours later. The news report headline is misleading.

    Not enough info for me to say whether the guy being charged had sufficient justification to use whatever level of force he used.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

  9. #9
    Member Array MYMOMSSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    39
    What if he died from a prexsisting condition or medical mistake?
    G26Raven likes this.

  10. #10
    VIP Member
    Array high pockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Georgia for now
    Posts
    6,615
    Quote Originally Posted by MYMOMSSON View Post
    What if he died from a prexsisting condition or medical mistake?
    Maybe he died because the ambulance ride was too rough.

    All I know is a decision based on having no investigation is beyond my ken.
    Sister and CWOUSCG like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

    - Anon

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    We don't know all the facts, but just based on the report, I join the righteous indignation at what the peeping tom did. It is despicable and he should have been caught and punished...by the law. But what he did is not a capital crime. We can't justify summary executions on every offense that enrages us.
    We can't?

    I kid..I kid.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

  12. #12
    VIP Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho41 View Post
    Rape isn't a capital offense. Would you say the same if the father of an 11 year old girl walked in on the assault of his daughter and killed the assailant in a fit of rage? I'm not expressly disagreeing with you. But, I don't think it would be unreasonable for someone in such a violated state to take action against the perpetrator. It also states "a fight broke out". For all we know the peeping tom instigated the physical confrontation. The peeping tom didn't deserve to die for that crime, but how his death came about *may* have been reasonable. In any event, he instigated the events that led to his death. I have no opinion on guilt or innocence on the man involved. I would want to see the facts of the case: e.g. was the dead man beaten profusely, hit once or twice, did the man who killed him have any wounds, etc.
    I would understand and empathize if the father of an 11 year old girl walked in on the assault of his daughter and killed the assailant in a fit of rage. I would also hope a court would understand and empathize and accept a plea of justifiable defense of a third party or in absence of that, let him off easy. Temporary insanity or whatever. But I would not say he was justified if he intentionally killed the guy out of pure anger. A court would have to decide.

    And I say that as a father of two daughters and a grandfather of three granddaughters. I can't even claim that I wouldn't kill the guy in that circumstance. But I could hardly object to being held accountable for it if I did. I should also point out that being a peeping Tom is a far cry from being a child rapist, so your argument is a "fallacy of extremes" and really has no bearing here.

    You are right, we don't know all that happened in this case. That's why I caveated, "just based on the report." But apparently the criminal justice system thought he did something very wrong. Another article online says Vickery was covered in blood when police got there and that he is charged with manslaughter which carries a mandatory 9 1/2 year sentence in Fl. My question to you is would it be worth it to you to have to do 9 1/2 years, be a felon, lose all your guns and be a prohibited person for the rest of your life for the satisfaction of beating a peeping tom to death? Does that sound like a good deal?
    baren likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

  13. #13
    VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I should also point out that being a peeping Tom is a far cry from being a child rapist, so your argument is a "fallacy of extremes" and really has no bearing here.
    We don't know if the peeping Tom was or was not a child rapist. While I would not have beaten the guy to death...I would also not politely ask him to leave. He would be held against his will until such time as law enforcement arrived and arrested him.
    jmf552 and baren like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

  14. #14
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    6,605
    If the homeowner had shot him I have my doubts that anyone would say anything other than it was justified in self defense.
    Sister and CWOUSCG like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

  15. #15
    Distinguished Member
    Array 1942bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    SE PA
    Posts
    1,971
    I can understand the emotion that drove the man to attack the peeper. However, when emotions get out of control bad things can happen, and this ia perfect example of that. Was the peeper a deadly threat? I doubt it, and I doubt that any info to the contrary will surface, As I see it based upon the merger facts we have the assailant committed manslaughter. Simple fact os that wanting to kill someone does not justify killing them, and wanting to punish them is a misplaced duty.
    baren likes this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

    Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •