Colorado violent crime rate up 46% since legalzing MJ - Page 2

Colorado violent crime rate up 46% since legalzing MJ

This is a discussion on Colorado violent crime rate up 46% since legalzing MJ within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That wonderful, beautiful state had become very 'blue'..... I think the violent crime rate is more indicative of the folks in state/local offices. The only ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Colorado violent crime rate up 46% since legalzing MJ

That wonderful, beautiful state had become very 'blue'..... I think the violent crime rate is more indicative of the folks in state/local offices.

The only thing I've personally witnessed potheads violently attack is pizza, chips, and sodas.
    mmb617, Rooster, Sister and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    That wonderful, beautiful state had become very 'blue'..... I think the violent crime rate is more indicative of the folks in state/local offices.

The only thing I've personally witnessed potheads violently attack is pizza, chips, and sodas.
    I'm not claiming to be an expert on weed. I haven't smoked marijuana since 1982 but from everything I've heard the marijuana available today is completely different and orders of magnitude more potent than what was available back in my day.

Apparently there are strains of marijuana out there now that make people psychotic and God only knows what they're mixing it with.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post

This..............^^^^. The weed itself has never been in short supply in Colorado.

All I can think of is that Colorado got what its citizens voted for!
    Rabbit212 and Big Western like this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

Nix
    Obviously stricter gun control laws are the answer.....
    Sister and goldshellback like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Obviously stricter gun control laws are the answer.....
    Yeah that 15 round mag limit in Colorado has saved countless lives since it was enacted.
    Sister likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    But what are they paying more attention to, the crime rate or the tax revenue?
    Sadly, this comment wins the internet today for it's insight.

It also wins in the categories "Humor" and "Sarcasm"
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Another contributing factor is while MJ use doesn't generally lead directly to violence, I have read there is a percentage of the population for which it can lead to violence. Examples are people who are bi-polar and/or are on psychotropic drugs. In other words, people who are already prone to violence can be pushed over the top with MJ.

Also, there is a problem that harmful chemicals used in the growing and processing of pot can get into it, with unknown effects. Those can include heavy metals, butane and heptane residue, eColi and fungus.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I think your comment is exactly right. The legal MJ is a scumbag magnet. If there is another explanation for such a steep increase in crimeI would like to hear it.
    Ok, ask and you shall receive. Just like guns are being blamed on crazy ppl taking LEGAL antidepressants, legal weed is blamed for the influx of ppl from liberal states. ​(like the one you live in)

As I have said before, same thing has happened in NC - liberals moving in and the crime rate has hit skyrocket!
    NC IS NOT WEED LEGAL!

So...what is your explanation for that? Only difference are the liberals from the NE states. Are YOU a liberal my pottery loving friend?
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I'm not claiming to be an expert on weed. I haven't smoked marijuana since 1982 but from everything I've heard the marijuana available today is completely different and orders of magnitude more potent than what was available back in my day.

Apparently there are strains of marijuana out there now that make people psychotic and God only knows what they're mixing it with.

Cheese, pimento cheese

BTW, weed was better in the 70ís ~ unaltered

Do us old ppl have to teach you kids everything...geesh.....

UDC member

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Most of the people that are smoking weed in Colorado aren't buying the legal weed. There are also a bunch of people that are connected to the cartels that have moved into Colorado to grow weed here for export out of state
    Several people I know who use MJ all say they can get equal or better quality delivered to their door at half the price of the legal "dispensaries" (taxed MJ). Teens and pre-teens have no trouble staying supplied. The black market appears to be doing quite well in Colorado. Most places I go everyone knows I'm a retired cop, but no one cares enough to conceal their MJ use or dealing.

Literally, lighting up a cigarette in a public place is punished far more harshly than using weed in public.

It is also pretty common to hear of an illegal grow operation with thousands, or tens of thousands, of plants. Sometimes in the National Forests, sometimes in the state parks, sometimes within a farmer's irrigated fields with other crops.

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Ok, ask and you shall receive. Just like guns are being blamed on crazy ppl taking LEGAL antidepressants, legal weed is blamed for the influx of ppl from liberal states. ​(like the one you live in)

As I have said before, same thing has happened in NC - liberals moving in and the crime rate has hit skyrocket!
    NC IS NOT WEED LEGAL!

So...what is your explanation for that? Only difference are the liberals from the NE states. Are YOU a liberal my pottery loving friend?

The UCR graph in my original post suggests that legal weed is the reason the crime rate has climbed dramatically. Note on the chart that the state crime rate was decreasing until the time that law took effect, Jan 1, 2014. We have had a steady influx of people from liberal states over the years. The graph clearly shows 2014 was the year of change. Coincidence? Perhaps, but unlikely. Much more likely theory is the scumbag magnet theory.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member

Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    Several people I know who use MJ all say they can get equal or better quality delivered to their door at half the price of the legal "dispensaries" (taxed MJ). Teens and pre-teens have no trouble staying supplied. The black market appears to be doing quite well in Colorado. Most places I go everyone knows I'm a retired cop, but no one cares enough to conceal their MJ use or dealing.

Literally, lighting up a cigarette in a public place is punished far more harshly than using weed in public.

It is also pretty common to hear of an illegal grow operation with thousands, or tens of thousands, of plants. Sometimes in the National Forests, sometimes in the state parks, sometimes within a farmer's irrigated fields with other crops.

Some of the retired LEOís I have known (lots move down south to the beach when retired) in my life used it regularly. One, who is passed away years ago due to old age, he was the head of police back in President Kennedyís day in NYC. This man told us wonderful stories about history. He also told us about all the lies they (the NYC police) were told about weed back then in the days of the movie Reefer Maddness.

Why doesnít anyone think that weed was gone against due to political events when so many other things have happened due to politics?

We got lied too big time with Benghazi, Russia and the list goes on ALL due to politics. Canít ppl see this is just another political finiancial lie?

***NEWSFLASH; Politicians and pharmaceutical companies have a lot of money to lose if/when weed is legal because you cannot patent a wild grown plant!

UDC member

Wow. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

M1911A1 likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    The UCR graph in my original post suggests that......
    CavemanBob, you can stop at that first sentence because of the resource you supplied. It was from the FBI?

Letís see....we have James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok...

You canít be serious? ANYTHING that crew says you need to believe the opposite!

UDC member

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links