Colorado violent crime rate up 46% since legalzing MJ - Page 3

Colorado violent crime rate up 46% since legalzing MJ

This is a discussion on Colorado violent crime rate up 46% since legalzing MJ within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by jmf552 Wow. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue! Not sure if thatís legal in Virginia, never did ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Colorado violent crime rate up 46% since legalzing MJ

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Wow. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!
    Not sure if thatís legal in Virginia, never did it myself but your free and over 21 so knock yourself out! 😉
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Ok, ask and you shall receive. Just like guns are being blamed on crazy ppl taking LEGAL antidepressants, legal weed is blamed for the influx of ppl from liberal states. ​(like the one you live in)

As I have said before, same thing has happened in NC - liberals moving in and the crime rate has hit skyrocket!
    NC IS NOT WEED LEGAL!

So...what is your explanation for that? Only difference are the liberals from the NE states. Are YOU a liberal my pottery loving friend?
    First, I would not call PA a liberal state. I think it more accurate to say it is a moderately conservative state on matters that are within the state. When it comes to national issues it leans liberal but no to a degree that justifies it being called liberal. It has one Democrat's senator and one republican senator. It has 18 congressional representatives, with 9 republicans and 9 democrats. We are a shall issue state with no gun bans, and a CCW permit system that bars only those who do not pass NICS or Pics (PA system). we generally change the governors party after two terms. Right now it is democrat who succeeded a republican. It tends to vote for democrats for president, but hat is generally because the political machines in Pittsburgh and and Philadelphia get out the vote out better than the rest of the State.

I certainly cannot assess the degree to which NE liberals or west coast liberal deteriorate the dynamics of any state. All I can say is that liberals have not changed the quality of life in PA. That might be to the balance between liberal and conservatives here plus the fact that we have a good number of independent, moderate voters. I am among those ranks. So that just answered you question as to whether I am a liberal. I am not. I am not a conservative. I am not a democrat or a republican. I am a moderate who has no party affiliation. I am a patriot and paid the price to prove that. I voted for Trump because Hillary was not worthy of my vote. I think Trump has done some good things and some bad thngs. I think that is true of most presidents. But most of all I hate ******** political political rhetoric like we often see here. But I guess you knew that about me and assumed I was a liberal.
    Sister, ShooterGranny and kshj like this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

@1942bull ; Something else we have in common other than love of Polish Pottery, Iím also an Independent not affiliated with either party. After both of the Bushes I decided that all of them are crooks and registered as to where either party has to EARN my vote. Iím very far right in beliefs and like what all Trump is doing and will vote for him again. There are a few things that I do lean left on, but very few, not enough to win me over.

I believe this is a generational issue, the weed legalization. It seems that the boomers (Iím one of those) grew up with a lot of things and donít see it as a big deal whereas their parents, most in their 70ís & 80ís now were lied to. The new generation now, the teens and early 20ís donít seem to think itís an issue at all and act like itís rather silly. I agree with these kids.

Have you, or for that matter anyone here seen the History Channelís clip on exactly just why weed was made illegal?
    I encourage anyone to watch it, most donít realize that the whole law was done as a RACIST law to try to keep the Mexican people out of the US (like that worked lol) cause after they made alcohol illegal folks started using marijuana.

All about control, mislead government control.
    1942bull and Rock and Glock like this.

UDC member

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm sure more than a few states are watching the long-term effects legalized pot has on states that allow it. Rising crime rates are not a positive direction.
    In most cases you would think that rising crime rates are not a positive direction, but I have seen that they tend to disregard that little statistic when it does not fit their agenda. In this case I am not sure that the rising crime rate will be ties to legalized MJ.
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    Colorado has become a more violent place since legalizing weed in 2013 according to FBI statistics. The data provides no information or analysis as to why this may be the case, my own opinion is that the MJ has attracted scumbags from across the country to Colorado. Our population has increased 11% since legalization.

https://crime-data-explorer.fr.cloud...colorado/crime
    My only comment:

Name:  Gomer 1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  10.2 KB

I'm not gonna join this debate about legal MJ. I only wish I could get everyone who thinks it completely harmless would go do a bunch of ride alongs with your local law enforcement officers. I expect you would quickly learn the terrible effects drugs and alcohol are having on our society. If only people could control their habits with moderation and common sense.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

OH WOW MAN THAT IS SO KNARLY TO THE CORE DUDE

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    My only comment:

Name:  Gomer 1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  10.2 KB

I'm not gonna join this debate about legal MJ. I only wish I could get everyone who thinks it completely harmless would go do a bunch of ride alongs with your local law enforcement officers. I expect you would quickly learn the terrible effects drugs and alcohol are having on our society. If only people could control their habits with moderation and common sense.

Iím NEVER going to take another ride with a law enforcement officer ever AGAIN!!!

🤣

(Messing with you OldChap, bad habit of poking the bear and running lol)
    OldChap and Rock and Glock like this.

UDC member

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Iím NEVER going to take another ride with a law enforcement officer ever AGAIN!!!

🤣

(Messing with you OldChap, bad habit of poking the bear and running lol)
    I used to arrange ride alongs for our Citizen's Police Academy folks. More than a couple came back with what bordered on PTSD. And now we have this wonderful "artificial" MJ (Spice) that turns otherwise crazy people into extremely dangerous monsters that cannot be controlled with anything short of lethal force.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I used to arrange ride alongs for our Citizen's Police Academy folks. More than a couple came back with what bordered on PTSD. And now we have this wonderful "artificial" MJ (Spice) that turns otherwise crazy people into extremely dangerous monsters that cannot be controlled with anything short of lethal force.

Well that right there in red is the problem! Never heard of it in my life, thought Spice was a group of girl singers years ago (Spice Girls). When we were in Oregon we never heard of this either and they are a legal weed state? Iím not up on all the new worldly things my worldly experience happened a long time ago.

Riding for a Citizens Police in a town of two and a half million would give me PTSD, heck riding with CWO to the eye doctor yesterday gave me PTSD.

Atlanta has nothing on traffic compared to Houston!

UDC member

I think most of us in the law enforcement profession predicted this would happen along with an increased accident rate related to driving under the influence! This in turn raises residents auto insurance rates substantially! A perfect end result of a libertard policy!
    Big Western and CavemanBob like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    I think most of us in the law enforcement profession predicted this would happen along with an increased accident rate related to driving under the influence! This in turn raises residents auto insurance rates substantially! A perfect end result of a libertard policy!
    But, but, but decriminalizing drugs was supposed to solve all our drug-related problems. No?
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    Ah! Colorado has finally turned the curve upward enough to be in the mainstream of violence and mayhem in North America.

It was getting a little boring living here with violent crime below national averages for so many years.
    Interesting from someone living in Pueblo since Pueblo was (or still is) the city with the highest per capita murder rate in CO.

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/03/1...e-in-colorado/

Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    All I can think of is that Colorado got what its citizens voted for!
    Don't use too broad a brush there Tex. After all, ya'll have Beto to call your own.
    OldVet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tahmail View Post
    Interesting from someone living in Pueblo since Pueblo was (or still is) the city with the highest per capita murder rate in CO.

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/03/1...e-in-colorado/
    True! We also lead the state in auto thefts (including carjackings) and several other categories. Thefts, vandalism, and similar problems have become so routine that many of us don't even bother to waste the time to call in a complaint. New births to married parents have become rather rare. Our school district has been on state supervised status for several years, seldom less than a 30% drop-out rate, and nearly half of high school graduates are functionally illiterate. Some of the highest rates of welfare, food stamps, AFDC payments, and subsidized housing in the state. Car insurance rates are off the charts, primarily because so many don't bother to carry it.

Couple of days ago a dismembered dead body turned up inside a suitcase in a carwash dumpster (1/2 mile from my home). Surveillance cameras in the area identified the perpetrator and he was apprehended; turned out to be the dead woman's son, wanted on parole violations, clearly identifiable tattoos on his face. I understand they still haven't found the head or hands, so I suggest that they check to see if there is a handbag in addition to the suitcase.

We are just living the American dream here!
    5lima30ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tahmail View Post
    Don't use too broad a brush there Tex. After all, ya'll have Beto to call your own.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Remember, El Paso is in another time zone than the rest of Texas. Or I should say, in another reality plane.....

But, we'd be happy to give you Beto!

Come and Take Him!!
    tahmail likes this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links