Shot 16 times and walked 2 miles to hospital - Page 3

Shot 16 times and walked 2 miles to hospital

This is a discussion on Shot 16 times and walked 2 miles to hospital within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by flh I can hardly walk 2 miles , let alone with bullet holes Or just get down the stairs to make a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Shot 16 times and walked 2 miles to hospital

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    I can hardly walk 2 miles , let alone with bullet holes
    Or just get down the stairs to make a call (Going Upstairs, death comes quickly) 😮
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Micro RPG is the next BIG EDC.... Who will be first to offer one? Sig, Glock, Springfield......

Who here would offer to be an early adopter? I volunteer.....
    12g frag grenade rounds from an AA-12?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    As I heard in all those self defense pistol classes..."Shot them in the hip and it will shatter."

Yet another self defense myth shot to hell.

Looks like he was shot with .40 or .45 acp...
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...qji-story.html

The guy got lucky. Apparently they shot at him at least 23 times.
    https://www.inquirer.com/news/man-sh...-20191025.html
    It's the pelvic girdle that when shattered drops a person, if he was hit in the meaty part of the hip, it wouldn't have shattered.

And what makes you think it was a .40 or .45? Based on the photo shown, which probably isn't from the scene, you can't see clearly enough to identify the caliber used. And neither link says what caliber was used.
    baren and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    Humor aside, this is a good example of why I deem "just" a pocket gun insufficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Then there is that cop from Skokie who hit a perp with 17, 230-gr. Speer Gold Dot .45 hollowpoints. Hits included a kidney, both lungs, the heart and two in the head, yet the perp kept shooting until the cop got a third headshot that pierced the brain. The perp still made it to the ER alive. Big guns and big calibers are no guarantee either.
    I agree, one of the reasons I carry a spare mag for my Glock 23.
    I've read your example many times before, but now the thread has two good examples of why I deem "just" a pocket gun insufficient.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

No expert here but seems to me that to survive being hit so many times that he may have been shot with ball ammo other wise I would think that HP ammo he would have bleed to death with that many wounds. Ball ammo would pierce and go straight thru leaving a narrow wound channel where as most HP ammo is designed to expand creating the large wound channel and a lot of bleeding (my personal experience from hunting for many years).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by giz5792 View Post
    It's the pelvic girdle that when shattered drops a person, if he was hit in the meaty part of the hip, it wouldn't have shattered.

And what makes you think it was a .40 or .45? Based on the photo shown, which probably isn't from the scene, you can't see clearly enough to identify the caliber used. And neither link says what caliber was used.
    I found it last night, in the video an Officer says it was a "large caliber" but it appears the video has been taken down.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Ok I agree with Arnold.. Next time I"m at the gun shore, I'm ordering a 40 watt plasma rifle.

I'll bet that if one or two of those "large caliber" rounds had been in the pelvic triangle he would not have walked 2 miles much less 2 blocks!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Distinguished Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giz5792 View Post

Pistol shooting in the hip, hip being a term that includes the pelvis, doesn't result in the shattering of the pelvis most of the time. Bullets tend to just penetrate through, or chip off a piece. Painful, but not necessarily crippling as if often claimed. Plus, as you note, there is a lot of "meaty" portions around the hip that aren't even bone.

What makes me think it was a .40 or .45? What makes you think the image wasn't from the crime scene? The same image was used over multiple articles. The pavement gravel is similar between the night image and day image from Philly between the two articles. The case in the night image is of the right proportions to be a .40 or .45. Plus, as noted by OD, in several articles it was noted to be a "large caliber."
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Iím not going to jump to conclusions to support my personal bias, nor will I allow an incident that is by far the exception and not the rule hinder my ability to apply critical thinking here.

But, by all means, let the real gunfighters weigh in, lol
    Rockymonster likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    Iím not going to jump to conclusions to support my personal bias, nor will I allow an incident that is by far the exception and not the rule hinder my ability to apply critical thinking here.

But, by all means, let the real gunfighters weigh in, lol

There isn't enough info yet for me to even make a WAG. I'll wait until there is more information by the doctors about the wounds inflicted, and more definitive information on caliber used, for all we know, the desk cop thinks a 9mm is a large caliber.
    G-man* likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links