Tomorrow is my day for punishment. Rolling Blackouts

This is a discussion on Tomorrow is my day for punishment. Rolling Blackouts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; At 6 O clock today the State and PG&E notified us that at 6AM our power will go off for 1 to 3 days! For ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Tomorrow is my day for punishment. Rolling Blackouts

At 6 O clock today the State and PG&E notified us that at 6AM our power will go off for 1 to 3 days!
    For "Climate Change Reasons". We have the possibility of 8 to 10 mile an hour winds!

Whats changed? That just sounds like fall weather! Some how I smell a rat! What do you want to bet they ask for and get a rate increase to cover the "Lost revenue" from the outages. Because they could not get a rate increase to cover the fires.. they will get it back this way. Anyway, I'll see you guys when I get out of power jail! DR
    OD*, 5lima30ret, airslot and 10 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Sorry that y'all are being done this way.

Just a reminder...there is land for sale in other states...and it is probably cheaper than Cali.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

- happened here last few days
    - it's just the shenenegans they play right before they raise the rates
    - ie they cut you off from the power so you 'beg' to have it on 'all the time' even at the cost of a rate-hike
    - inflationary psy-op shenanegans

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    Sorry that y'all are being done this way.

Just a reminder...there is land for sale in other states...and it is probably cheaper than Cali.
    We just missed a trip to AZ. [ I was sick]. But we are looking at Northern AZ and Southern ID. We have to get our house marketed. I retired in Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    We have to get our house marketed.
    Just curious, what is your closest "big town"?
    dangerranger likes this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

At 6 O clock today the State and PG&E notified us that at 6AM our power will go off for 1 to 3 days!
    For "Climate Change Reasons". We have the possibility of 8 to 10 mile an hour winds!

Whats changed? That just sounds like fall weather! Some how I smell a rat! What do you want to bet they ask for and get a rate increase to cover the "Lost revenue" from the outages. Because they could not get a rate increase to cover the fires.. they will get it back this way. Anyway, I'll see you guys when I get out of power jail! DR
    David the communist on abc reported that the big fire was started by the power co and their rolling blackout. They will have to raise the rates for settlement money to cover the lawsuits that are coming.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

That same justification was used to increase the rates for the water for some of my family that lives there. Thinking back to the “energy shortage” I expect nothing less that the highest level of corruption from PG&E. Hope you all don’t lose your sanity.
    OD*, airslot, OldChap and 2 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Nix
    I think it's actually a form of live "prepper" training. Big Brother just wants you to be safe in the event of an actual Kalifornication.........
    OD*, Struckat, airslot and 4 others like this.

For all those folks deciding to leave, CA, just remember to leave CA behind you. There should be a huge class-action suit against that power company.
    OD*, 5lima30ret, airslot and 11 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    3 days?!? What about people that need power to stay alive? Oxygen machines are things like that?
    OD*, Struckat, airslot and 3 others like this.

I'll bet the criminals in that area are looking forward to prospect of so many dark houses and non-functional burglar alarms.
    forester58, msgt/ret, OD* and 7 others like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

I think they are just trying to condition you Californians for their upcoming "green new deal" they have planned. 3 days without power will seem like heaven compared to months without power, water or food. At least you will feel better about your nasty carbon footprint being gone.
    OD*, Nix, airslot and 6 others like this.

Preconditioning for the coming fundamentally transforming into Venezuela.
    forester58, OD*, Struckat and 8 others like this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

So glad I got out when I did. It's been thirteen years and I have no regrets.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    They push wind generated electricity, then shut off the electricity when it's windy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links