Daylight Savings Time this weekend - Page 3

Daylight Savings Time this weekend

This is a discussion on Daylight Savings Time this weekend within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And its tomorrow....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Daylight Savings Time this weekend

And its tomorrow.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Its here. Dark early.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    That's a great meme! If people are really interested in the truth of that, though, I really recommend the cable TV series, Turn: Washington's Spies. In addition to being a great thriller, it really digs into colonial society at the time of the Revolution.

Most people back then did not have balls. Not everyone in America was even in favor of the Revolution and some fought against it. There were a lot of spies, traitors and cowards, despite the fact that the British felt they were free to take away any rights of any colonials at any time. And the revolutionaries we so admire today committed some atrocities of their own. They were not always the good guys. A lot of loyalists, fearing reprisals, had to flee to Canada after we won the Revolution.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Revolution, The Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the BOR are some of the greatest things in history. But it is important to not see them as some unblemished heroic past. Revolutions are messy affairs and who gets the credit and who gets the blame often depends on who wins in the end. If we have to fight another one, it won't be pretty either.
    Excellent post!

The winners get to write the history books. I doubt that the American Revolution is taught the same way in England today.
    airslot likes this.

To celebrate the time change, I woke up an hour early.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    To celebrate the time change, I woke up an hour early.
    We balanced you out by sleeping an hour later!

I HATE STANDARD TIME! Hate it, hate it, hate it. We are on the eastern edge of the central time zone and as of today it is pitch dark at 5 PM, and darkness descends earlier each day. NO - the days don't get longer after Dec. 21st. At least it doesn't seem like that. It does get a Lot colder for the next couple of months after that though. This part of the year makes me feel like I'm living in Alaska. (Almost.)
    msgt/ret and CDW4ME like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links