What is your scariest movie ever? - Page 2

What is your scariest movie ever?

This is a discussion on What is your scariest movie ever? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by jmf552 For some reason, I haven't been able to make it through "No Country for Old Men." The villain just creeps me ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: What is your scariest movie ever?

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    For some reason, I haven't been able to make it through "No Country for Old Men." The villain just creeps me out. Don't know why. I had no trouble with Hannibal in Silence of the Lambs.
    Yes, that movie was intense. As a bit of trivia, Javier Bardem recently said that he was annoyed that they wanted him to have that weird "Dutch Boy" bob of a haircut for his character, but he did it anyway. The director was right. It somehow made him even creepier. Not a horror movie per se, but one of the scariest movies I have seen as an adult.
    lordofwyr, MMinSC and Pete63 like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Without a doubt, The Exorcist. After that movie, me lady had a nightmare and almost gave me a heart attack. Oh, those scenes in the bedroom. That movie should have been banned. The use of subliminal messages really got to you.
    msgt/ret, lordofwyr and Instymp like this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    As a kid probably my first movie that really scared me was "Gargoyles." But later on and even now like others said, "The Exorcist" still gets to me.
    OD* and lordofwyr like this.

🎶 one two Freddy’s comm’in for you, three four better lock your door, five six get your crucifix, seven eight better stay up late.... 🎵

R.I.P. Robert Englund 2018. I grew up a fan of horror movies and Freddy Krueger was my favorite. Never saw a horror movie that could make you laugh at the same time like those (“Welcome to prime time b*ch” as he shoved her head into the TV).

Wasn’t scared of anything until I got older and my body won’t move as fast (or just move at all lol) as it use too. Jaws didn’t do it cause I thought they over reacted at something that wasn’t really there. Didn’t believe it.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Forbidden Planet. Yeah, I know I am reaching WAAAAY back, but the movie scared the stuffing's outta me as a kid.

A few fun facts - there is NO music score. It is all strange, alien type noises and sounds, the movie has a very young Leslie Nielson in one of his first major roles, the invisible monster when seen in the defensive fire was actually the line drawing art animated with the colors changed, and the movie was basically the foundation for the later Star Trek, Star Wars movies.

But as a kid, all I knew was that was one scary movie...
    Remarkably, Forbidden Planet was one of the very first-ever uses of electronic synthesizers to make all those odd sounds. I recently picked up a sale Blu-Ray of it that had been completely remastered. It is even better then when it was first released. It is one of the all-time most highly regarded cult classics.

What is your scariest movie ever?-robbie-forbidden-planet.jpg

The only movie that truly scared me was Gone With The Wind! Don't laugh...the scenes of Atlanta burning made a long lasting impression on a 5 year old mind.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

VIP Member
    Thanks for the blast from the past reminder of Forbidden Planet! I still remember the movie theater where I watched it as a kid.

One of many scary movies that jumps to the forefront is Pyscho. The shower scene and the shrieking violin shrills still creep me out.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

The original "The Thing from Another World", which I saw at about age 7. It was on the late Saturday movie - ended about 11 p. m. The house was dark, and I couldn't walk back to my room!

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    The Wizard of Oz when I was a kid. The witch terrified me.
    One of the reasons that there was never a sequel was that Margaret Hamilton, who played the witch, wouldn't do the part again. The fact that she was so terrifying to children really upset her.

The scariest individual character to me was Jack Palance's hired gunfighter in "Shane". Creepy and scary and evil rolled into one.

Bambi
    LimaCharlie, OD*, M1911A1 and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I watched a lot of sci-fi movies, classic Universal Studio monster pictures, schlocky horror movies as a kid and they didn't seem to bother me. The one movie that really scared the stuffing out of me was Alien. I was literally on the edge of my seat. I was shaking when I left the theater.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Wasn't forbidden planet the movie that had Anne Francis in it?
    I had a crush on her back then
    lordofwyr likes this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    William Peter Blatty's The Exorcist, in book form though. (the movie would be in a close second)
    Rock and Glock and lordofwyr like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    The Wizard of Oz when I was a kid. The witch terrified me.

The Exorcist as an adult. I could not sleep after seeing it.
    Brother...that wasn't just any old witch, that was Hillar......Oh never mind.

Just a little reality. The Devil (Satan) is real. However, only in Hollywood's silly drug-fueled imagination is he actually interested in running around frightening people out of their wits. Just what the doctor ordered for the day after Halloween. For a great non-religious depiction of how things work, I suggest Cabin In The Sky.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Alien

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links