What is your scariest movie ever? - Page 9

What is your scariest movie ever?

This is a discussion on What is your scariest movie ever? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Wrong Man- Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, starring Henry Fonda & Vera Miles.....scary because I can see how easy it could happen to anyone........BASED ON ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: What is your scariest movie ever?

VIP Member
    The Wrong Man- Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, starring Henry Fonda & Vera Miles.....scary because I can see how easy it could happen to anyone........BASED ON TRUE STORY.
    OD* likes this.
    A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness is based on the character of the user -T Roosevelt

If you carry a gun, some will call you paranoid. If I carry, what do I have to be paranoid about? -C Smith

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -J Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by ButtShot14 View Post
    Was there a movie that really got to you? Gave you goose bumps? Gave you nightmares? Tell us about it. Was it one from your childhood? The scariest one for me was "The Mummy". I was probably 10 or 12 when a friend and I watched it late one night on TV. Freaked us both out.
    The house on Greenapple Road.
    I don't recall if it was a made for TV movie or what, just that I was young, but the shower curtain scene stayed with me forever. It's probably the basis of my fears from other movies when I was growing up. And then the twist...
    OD* likes this.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Trilogy of Terror, it was a bit of a weird movie, with monsters, and a lot of just plain evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    If not already mentioned "Nosferatu"

Nasferatu was a comedy compared to my ex-sisters in law. I still miss my ex-wife.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

We missed you JL, happy to see you're back with us.

Alfred Hitchcock did one called Snakepit that scared me pretty good.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Alfred Hitchcock did one called Snakepit that scared me pretty good.
    According to my mother, my father had to take her out of the theater because it had affected her so.

ETA: I think hearing this about my mother helped me deal with my first girlfriend's inconsolable reaction to the movie Love Story. She was wrecked.
    Sister likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

VIP Member
    i saw this in the theartre when I was a kid,scarred me for life

Osprey likes this.
    Lifetime NRA Member,collector,reloader.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtShot14 View Post
    [What is your scariest movie ever?] Was there a movie that really got to you? Gave you goose bumps? Gave you nightmares? Tell us about it. Was it one from your childhood? The scariest one for me was "The Mummy". I was probably 10 or 12 when a friend and I watched it late one night on TV. Freaked us both out.
    My most recent scariest movie is "It Comes at Night." Watched it again this weekend, this time on Netflix. Yep. Downright, scary!

rx7sig

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Sponsored Links