What is your scariest movie ever?

This is a discussion on What is your scariest movie ever? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Was there a movie that really got to you? Gave you goose bumps? Gave you nightmares? Tell us about it. Was it one from your ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: What is your scariest movie ever?

Was there a movie that really got to you? Gave you goose bumps? Gave you nightmares? Tell us about it. Was it one from your childhood? The scariest one for me was "The Mummy". I was probably 10 or 12 when a friend and I watched it late one night on TV. Freaked us both out.
    ETXhiker, easy10 and OldChap like this.

Mine had to have been “Jaws”, I took a female friend to the movie and everything was fine until that head floated out of the hole in the boat. The next thing I knew she let out scream then grabbed me by the neck and jumped in my lap, she scared me more than the movie.
    OD*, Brad426, scottync and 5 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Forbidden Planet. Yeah, I know I am reaching WAAAAY back, but the movie scared the stuffing's outta me as a kid.

A few fun facts - there is NO music score. It is all strange, alien type noises and sounds, the movie has a very young Leslie Nielson in one of his first major roles, the invisible monster when seen in the defensive fire was actually the line drawing art animated with the colors changed, and the movie was basically the foundation for the later Star Trek, Star Wars movies.

But as a kid, all I knew was that was one scary movie...
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

“Jaws” scared me to my core... but probably because I was six. It was raining the night I saw it and I remember being scared that sharks could swim through the rain.

“The Exorcist” is probably the scariest to me as far as that genre goes.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

The Wizard of Oz when I was a kid. The witch terrified me.

The Exorcist as an adult. I could not sleep after seeing it.
    OD*, ETXhiker, msgt/ret and 6 others like this.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

I could barely watch, nauseatingly scary and the show lasted way too long.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    The Exorcist as an adult. I could not sleep after seeing it.
    My wife wigged out at the Exorcist, but I think Taxi Driver was the most frightening movie.

It gives me the willies to think that there might be uncountable numbers of Travis Bickles among us ...
    OD*, msgt/ret, G26Raven and 3 others like this.

I had to sit through Mama Mia once as a guest and it took years to get that out of my head and now its back, thanks a lot.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    The Omen.
    Movies about Satan scare me more that slasher movies.
    OD*, ETXhiker, msgt/ret and 6 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar

Stephen King’s “Salem’s Lot”. I was I think a 1st Lt in the Marine Corps, and harder than woodpecker lips, but I was skeered to death a vampire was gonna get me. I even finished the movie with a Colt .45 in my lap, loaded with Silvertips, just in case. I still get spooked over vampire and werewolf movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    I never saw the movie, but when I was five years old, the movie "Children of the Damned" came out. Little blond haired kids with glowing eyes. It seemed like they ran commercials for that every 30 minutes. When one of them came on, I would jump up and change the channel. In bed at night, I was scared to turn over, because I was sure one of those kids with the glowing eyes would be standing there in the dark.

As an adult, the movie that unnerved me most, was Texas Chain Saw Massacre. There is a scene at the end, where a captive girl screams for what must be 10 minutes straight. Just flat out too much for me.
    OD* and lordofwyr like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

The Exorcist. Even after 45 years, I can still remember some of those scenes.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

Lot of movies scared me as a child that I laugh at now. The Exorcist scared me the most as an adult. The Magic Christian revulsed me the most as an adult.
    ETXhiker and lordofwyr like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

For some reason, I haven't been able to make it through "No Country for Old Men." The villain just creeps me out. Don't know why. I had no trouble with Hannibal in Silence of the Lambs.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

When I was a kid, my best friend's family had an early version of satellite TV with the huge dish. That also meant they had channels like HBO. I watched Poltergeist at a far younger age than appropriate and that put me off the entire genre of horror films.
    G26Raven and lordofwyr like this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links