Texas gun control activist shoots her three children dead - Page 2

Texas gun control activist shoots her three children dead

This is a discussion on Texas gun control activist shoots her three children dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sad indeed. Why didn't a relative or someone "red flag" her? Surely someone had a inkling....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Texas gun control activist shoots her three children dead

Sad indeed. Why didn't a relative or someone "red flag" her? Surely someone had a inkling.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I'm curious if anyone else in the Houston area heard anything about this? The "ABC 13" source for the original story has apparently buried it pretty well. I don't see anyone else locally reporting it - but maybe I just missed it.

October 29th....another day I am so glad I'm both retired and not working for any local PD. She, had she possessed even an ounce of sanity, could have given the children away rather than slaughter them.
    I havenít seen anything on tv, but Iíve only watched a little of the news the last few days anyway. There are a few articles online from local sources.

Quote Originally Posted by CDRJed View Post
    Sad indeed. Why didn't a relative or someone "red flag" her? Surely someone had a inkling.
    Because we donít have red flag laws. This doesnít mean we should either.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    And we gun owners are the evil ones.
    This just proves how evil the gun grabbers are.
    You got a problem, off yourself.
    Leave the kids out of your crap show
    Since she had a gun she is now one of ďusĒ in the eyes of the left, aided by other gun owners who think one person can represent 100 million people all because they own a gun.
    We get the government we deserve.

Havok, I agree with you and that is why I put "red flag" in quotes. None the less, someone should have seen that she needed help and got involved. This is an instance where, as far as we can see from what has been given (no doubt there is more to the story) that mental health, not guns, is the issue that should be addressed at the family, community, and national level.

Yeah, the underlying problem here was that she was a loon, and people knew it. Her position on firearms was something of a symptom, among many symptoms. Is anyone asking from where she got the gun?

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I'm curious if anyone else in the Houston area heard anything about this? The "ABC 13" source for the original story has apparently buried it pretty well. I don't see anyone else locally reporting it - but maybe I just missed it.

October 29th....another day I am so glad I'm both retired and not working for any local PD. She, had she possessed even an ounce of sanity, could have given the children away rather than slaughter them.
    O.C. It was all over Channel 2 for several days. Happened in Deer Park. I also thought for sure they said there were several guns in the house, when first reported, but I can't find that report. Here's link to the KPRC report.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ome-police-say
    OldChap and gatorbait51 like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Administrator
    I have always believed that the majority of people who are rabidly a anti-gun are that way because they know that they couldn't trust themselves with a firearm.
    And you folks are correct that they project that onto everybody else.
    airslot, M1911A1, Bikenut and 6 others like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Well, I was going to turn all my guns over to the government;
    but I did a background check and none of them were mentally stable enough to pass.

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I have always believed that the majority of people who are rabidly a anti-gun are that way because they know that they couldn't trust themselves with a firearm.
    And you folks are correct that they project that onto everybody else.
    ^^^^^^THIS.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    So she had a list of ailments that are supposed to explain why she killed her kids. That would mean that all of us old people should get a free ride for about anything because many of us have a lot more ailments than that. Funny how they will try to make excuses for everything that a liberal does.
    ETXhiker, M1911A1 and gatorbait51 like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Tragic! I wonder how much of her anti-gun stance was simply a classic case of Projection.
    I think you're right. Deep down, I think much of the left does not trust themselves with weapons.
    M1911A1 and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Tragic! I wonder how much of her anti-gun stance was simply a classic case of Projection.
    Might she have wanted to make a horribly sick anti-gun statement? One wonders if she left a note or some kinds of clues to her insanely awful actions.

gatorbait51 likes this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

I suspect in her demented mind she was making the ultimate sacrifice to her "Guns are bad" cause by making a prime example with her act.
    DZUS and gatorbait51 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    I will be surprised if they don't find out that she is a Trump supporter too. That is supposed to be sarcastic.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links