yeah, strict gun control really works

This is a discussion on yeah, strict gun control really works within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...exico-n2555906 This article doesn't indicate a motive for the ambush. Just another reason why I don't have any plans to ever visit Mexico....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: yeah, strict gun control really works

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...exico-n2555906

This article doesn't indicate a motive for the ambush. Just another reason why I don't have any plans to ever visit Mexico.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I used to love to party in Mexico in the 70's and 80's
    lots of fun, great beaches and bars.
    I would not go down there on a dare.
    I will not spend my vacation money in a country that does not respect our borders

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    In the 70's and 80's my band from Dallas used to play in El Paso regularly. After hours, we would go on foot into Juarez to party until the wee hours. Never had a problem, although it probably wasn't as safe as we thought at the time. Nowadays, I doubt if we would survive even one attempt to go into Juarez at night. Mexico is owned by the cartels now, and they do whatever they want.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

I took a family vacation to Mexico back in the late '50s (Note the proper abbreviations for years) ending up in Acapulco. Then I spend an evening in Juarez around 1990 while TDY to the army base there. It was a trash hole then. I can't imagine it being any better now.
    airslot, ETXhiker and OldChap like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

We congratulate drugs. They won the war on drugs.
    OldChap likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETXhiker View Post
    In the 70's and 80's my band from Dallas used to play in El Paso regularly. After hours, we would go on foot into Juarez to party until the wee hours. Never had a problem, although it probably wasn't as safe as we thought at the time. Nowadays, I doubt if we would survive even one attempt to go into Juarez at night. Mexico is owned by the cartels now, and they do whatever they want.
    What was the name of your band. I used to bartend in Dallas in the 80's. I may have heard y'all
    Correection '80s. Thank you OldVet
    ETXhiker likes this.

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    So...How long before this crime is in the news showing we need to ban "assault rifles"...3....2...
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
    So...How long before this crime is in the news showing we need to ban "assault rifles"...3....2...
    They have all the "assault rifles" they need, courtesy of Operation Fast and Furious.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten."
    Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    What was the name of your band. I used to bartend in Dallas in the 80's. I may have heard y'all
    Correection '80s. Thank you OldVet
    Cool. My band in the mid 70's to 80's was called "The All Fingers Band." We played Mother Blues, Sneaky Pete's, Gerties, Cardi's, "I Gotcha" in Forth Worth, Spencer's Corner, etc. Where did you bartend, KC?
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    We went to Cancun a few years ago when my wife won a free trip to a resort. I have always heard the resorts are very safe and while we were there we did feel safe from the criminal element. However, the first night we are there, we go to dinner and we see someone performing CPR on someone by the pool. We found out much later he drank some counterfeit alcohol and passed out in the pool. While the resort may be safer from violence, the counterfeit booze is also a real danger.
    ETXhiker and Rooster like this.
    Has anyone tried turning the country off and then back on again?

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    They have all the "assault rifles" they need, courtesy of Operation Fast and Furious.
    Maybe a few.

But the cartels get a lot of their automatic weapons directly from Mexican military arsenals. The corruption is so pervasive that even army generals are on their payroll. Not to mention others at the very top of their "chain of command."
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    Maybe a few.

But the cartels get a lot of their automatic weapons directly from Mexican military arsenals. The corruption is so pervasive that even army generals are on their payroll. Not to mention others at the very top of their "chain of command."
    I am sure you are correct. This was another of my too subtle attempts at humor/sarcasm.
    viney266, Texas Red and airslot like this.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten."
    Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

My massage therapist is from Mexico (I assume she is here legally) and needs to go back for a medical procedure and is too scared to go. Her husband doesnít want her to go either. Thatís terrible that folks canít even go visit without fear of getting killed. Sounds like Detroit or Chicago.
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by ETXhiker View Post
    Cool. My band in the mid 70's to 80's was called "The All Fingers Band." We played Mother Blues, Sneaky Pete's, Gerties, Cardi's, "I Gotcha" in Forth Worth, Spencer's Corner, etc. Where did you bartend, KC?
    Cafe Dallas, Belle Starr, Billy Bob's.
    Been to Mother Blue's and Sneaky Pete's back in the day.
    ETXhiker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Cafe Dallas, Belle Starr, Billy Bob's.
    Been to Mother Blue's and Sneaky Pete's back in the day.
    Those were good times.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links