i think @starlights will agree with Tomi Lahren on this.

This is a discussion on i think @starlights will agree with Tomi Lahren on this. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; She says conservatives need not give up on California. Need to stay and fight. https://www.foxnews.com/media/tomi-l...s-keep-leaving...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: i think @starlights will agree with Tomi Lahren on this.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar

She says conservatives need not give up on California.
    Need to stay and fight.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tomi-l...s-keep-leaving

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Or we could let Kalifornia become a shining example of what the rest of the country will be like if we let the left have their way.
    gatorbait51, since9 and M1911A1 like this.
    Has anyone tried turning the country off and then back on again?

She can say what she wants, but I would counter that Kalifornia, politically, is not the victim of some unfathomable act of nature, like an earthquake, wildfire or drought. The voters made it the way it is and they keep it the way it is and they are getting worse. What she is saying is like saying Americans should have never declared independence. They should have stayed with King George and "tried to improve things." I think they did try that and it didn't work.

Why should anyone feel they want to improve a situation like that? Right thinking people have always done what the can to improve things, but when the cause is lost, they leave. I like VA, but if our situation deteriorates, I am outta here and we will never get as bad as CA. I have fought the good fight. Now I have only so many years left of this Earth and I would like to live it in a place that still has a modicum of liberty.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    She can say what she wants, but I would counter that Kalifornia, politically, is not the victim of some unfathomable act of nature, like an earthquake, wildfire or drought. The voters made it the way it is and they keep it the way it is and they are getting worse. What she is saying is like saying Americans should have never declared independence. They should have stayed with King George and "tried to improve things." I think they did try that and it didn't work.

Why should anyone feel they want to improve a situation like that? Right thinking people have always done what the can to improve things, but when the cause is lost, they leave. I like VA, but if our situation deteriorates, I am outta here and we will never get as bad as CA. I have fought the good fight. Now I have only so many years left of this Earth and I would like to live it in a place that still has a modicum of liberty.
    I am in this camp......
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

The free-stuff people, the illegal aliens, and the dead voters outnumber the responsible people. California is just a view of the future.
    Sister, airslot, M1911A1 and 1 others like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post

How much territory are you willing to cede? The cancer is metastasizing you know.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    How much territory are you willing to cede? The cancer is metastasizing you know.
    Willing or not, I’m not so sure we haven't reach the tipping point. What is YOUR cure for this cancer?
    ETXhiker likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Willing or not, I’m not so sure we haven't reach the tipping point. What is YOUR cure for this cancer?
    I'm not sure, in fact I doubt there is a cure for this cancer at this point but hop scotching around the country trying to stay out of its way could soon become an exercise in futility as the number of safe havens shrinks. .

I do not have the money to keep moving.
    Think I will stay and fight.
    Just like my Lone Star brothers in 1836.
    Just need to stock up my "Alamo" with plenty of whiskey and ammo

I'm thinking of ordering a pizza also.
    KILTED COWBOY, since9 and OD* like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm thinking of ordering a pizza also.
    Pizza is not on your diet.

(When you share information about your new healthy diet in a public forum, we FOOD COPS are keeping track of you, you know!)
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Dang @OldVet , @ShooterGranny got her eye on you.
    You do not want her to get all spider monkey on your butt.

Dang . . . Busted!
    ShooterGranny and since9 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Ca voters do not keep it going this way.Voting is done by district. I can't vote against the people doing the worst for this state. What caused the fastest turn around is the jerrymandering of Voting Districts. All Conservative and Republican districts were gradually broken up till there is not enough votes in any district to elect anyone without a D behind their name. And the people who appoint the re districting committee are as corrupt as you get.
    Now I do believe CA can be saved, and turned around, But it won't happen in my lifetime! DR
    since9 and ETXhiker like this.

I hate to say it but I think California can't be saved until those who keep voting for the liberal politicians have the scales removed from their eyes and they see the results of the failed liberal policies.
    Rockymonster likes this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links