Self surgery on ingrown toenail - Page 5

Self surgery on ingrown toenail

This is a discussion on Self surgery on ingrown toenail within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by gnius Because the homeless and undocumented use the ER as a single point access to medical care, and because it's faster to ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree322Likes

Thread: Self surgery on ingrown toenail

Quote Originally Posted by gnius View Post
    Because the homeless and undocumented use the ER as a single point access to medical care, and because it's faster to do it and have them be gone than to have them come back 6 hours later with the same complaint after spending hours trying to get them a free clinic appointment.

I agree. I am just a big believer in "just because you can, doesn't mean you should". I CAN do a lot of things sort of ok, that someone else can do faster and better. If necessary I can do it, but why would I, if I had a choice?..
    Coming from someone who had 4 kids and always had health insurance that required at least a partial payment from us for almost everything quite often our kids had ailments that we able to deal with at home. I see many parents that insurance and care that is completely covered by the government take their kid to the doctors if they have to blow their nose once. That drives up the cost of insurance and care for everyone.
    OD*, since9, airslot and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Coming from someone who had 4 kids and always had health insurance that required at least a partial payment from us for almost everything quite often our kids had ailments that we able to deal with at home. I see many parents that insurance and care that is completely covered by the government take their kid to the doctors if they have to blow their nose once. That drives up the cost of insurance and care for everyone.
    Indeed. Doesn't help, though, every time your kid has a fever the schools demand a note from the doctor. Same goes for work.

More than one business got smart and combined sick days with leave, cautioning users to carry enough from one period to the next to cover your actual typical two-week cold and flu combo. Notes from doctors were only required if you went over the total allotment.

I wish schools would wise up and do the same. Sucks having to take your sick child, who should be at home resting in bed, into a waiting room where other people are sick, just to get a doctor's note. To make matters worse, somewhere in the 2016-2017 school year, the copay nearly tripled. Thank goodness he graduated by 2018!
    Rock and Glock and msgt/ret like this.
    The only way we're going beat this thing is by fighting on both fronts: Against the virus and for our economy. Learn to use and use the right procedures so we can do both and win.

Administrator
    No problem with keeping this thread running but I'm fairly sure that G-man has grown a whole new toenail by now.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    ^^^^^^^ And to think, we never heard if @G-man* got a deer!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    ^^^^^^^ And to think, we never heard if @G-man* got a deer!
    I struck out for the first time in years!!

The Blue Tongue disease hit the herd pretty hard last summer.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Administrator
    All of that fancy footwork for nothing.
    I don't think that there is anything wrong with folks saving themselves a trip to the hospital for some types of injuries...etc as long as they know what they're doing and are aware of how to prevent infection.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    All of that fancy footwork for nothing.
    I don't think that there is anything wrong with folks saving themselves a trip to the hospital for some types of injuries...etc as long as they know what they're doing and are aware of how to prevent infection.
    It made the difference when negotiating the steep terrain that I hunt.

Must have done a good job too, because it’s not come back.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Fair-haired and skinned but having spent a life in the sun, I decided to stop paying the skin doc to freeze spots off my skin I could freeze myself.

I still let him handle anything unusual, new or different, especially anything that even remotely looks like it might be a melanoma (none yet, thank God), as well as anything on my back, but inverted canned air, trigger very carefully squeezed to produce small liquid drops of the fluid, has precisely the same effect as liquid nitrogen.

As for preventing infection, my best procedure is a moderate shower. Good rinse, but no soap. Turns out the skin's natural oils are mildly antibiotic.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    The only way we're going beat this thing is by fighting on both fronts: Against the virus and for our economy. Learn to use and use the right procedures so we can do both and win.

G-man you should have your own TV show. If Dr. Pimple Popper can have one so can you.
    Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I struck out for the first time in years!!

The Blue Tongue disease hit the herd pretty hard last summer.
    It hit pretty hard here also.

Name:  download (2).jpg
Views: 17
Size:  12.9 KB
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by kmckinnon View Post
    G-man you should have your own TV show. If Dr. Pimple Popper can have one so can you.
    Bones had absolutely nothing on Dr. Pimple Popper.

I can binge-watch Bones all day long, but didn't make it through the first procedure of the PP Doc. To hell with that!
    Rock and Glock and JonathanG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I guess I won't be telling you about about my self-colonoscopy I did with a $12.49 bore scope I purchased off e-bay!
    Bore scope? What happened to the budget Roto-rooter procedure I read about on Consumer Reports?
    msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Bore scope? What happened to the budget Roto-rooter procedure I read about on Consumer Reports?
    I think I still have my drill bit driven honing stones we used to hone cylinders after boring them out at the machine shop.
    msgt/ret likes this.

After many years of ingrown toes, I had the nails taken off..... Needles in the toes OUUUUCH .....I grew toenail fungus under the new nails... My DR prescribed a Anti-fungal tab and with that, the nails dried up, and cracked in the center. Shower time tame, nails softened, and with some gentle cutting and pulling, the big toe...nails split apart, and peeled off, including the roots... NO PAIN doing it either.. NOW, I gotta wait for the other big toe- nail do do the same.. and off that one with come too. G'Man... YOU da Man!
    msgt/ret and OD* like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links