YouTube Terms of Service - Changes Arriving in December

This is a discussion on YouTube Terms of Service - Changes Arriving in December within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; YouTube's Community Guidelines are being updated in December. Not having an A/B comparison like you see on Wikipedia edits, I don't know what's changed. Some ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By since9
  • 3 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 1 Post By Sister
  • 3 Post By KILTED COWBOY

Thread: YouTube Terms of Service - Changes Arriving in December

YouTube's Community Guidelines are being updated in December. Not having an A/B comparison like you see on Wikipedia edits, I don't know what's changed.

Some things, however, really stand out:

Harmful or dangerous content: "Don't post videos that encourage others to do things that might cause them to get badly hurt, especially kids." Do you really think they'll delete all "People Are Awesome" and "Fail" videos that keep me up way past my bedtime?

Hateful content: "But we don't support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics." That's a longwinded way of saying, "If what you post violates our liberal agenda, we will whack you."

Harassment and cyberbullying: "Itís not ok to post abusive videos and comments on YouTube. If harassment crosses the line into a malicious attack." Yet you'll keep those videos of Maxine Waters and others calling for harm and violence against conservatives?

Not a rant against YouTube, though I must admit how surprised I am when I see liberal content flagrantly violating their rules while conservative content that violates their rules rarely lasts long.
    M1911A1, airslot and ETXhiker like this.
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar
    Their site their rules. I don't agree with many of their rules but they have no obligation to provide a platform on their site.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Yep, their site, their rules.
    Some rich guys should get together and form their own site which allows for more freedom of speech
    They might make a fortune.
    Competition is the American way.
    Sister, OldChap and since9 like this.

Meh, donít get the news there much unless we get to pick out who we listen too. If whomever we listen too is axed then we will listen to them elsewhere.

Regarding YouTube, I love ďY UniversityĒ! You can learn anything from anybody in any language - even learn a new language!
    Gardening, how-to on things like building a fireplace mantel, Art classes and so on. Right now Iím learning to play banjo. None of this cost me anything and Iím getting a lot from it. Ted-X is great, yeah some are liberal but some are not. Iíve seen everyone from the ďsomebodies gotta do itĒ man to Monica L. (Yea that one, blue dress girl) talk. Ted-X lectures doesnít leave anyone out.

Good to know but not surprised at all.

This falls under: Accept the things I cannot change, and wisdom to know the difference
    Rockymonster likes this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sister View Post
    meh, donít get the news there much unless we get to pick out who we listen too. If whomever we listen too is axed then we will listen to them elsewhere.

Regarding youtube, i love ďy universityĒ! You can learn anything from anybody in any language - even learn a new language!
    Gardening, how-to on things like building a fireplace mantel, art classes and so on. Right now iím learning to play banjo. None of this cost me anything and iím getting a lot from it. Ted-x is great, yeah some are liberal but some are not. Iíve seen everyone from the ďsomebodies gotta do itĒ man to monica l. (yea that one, blue dress girl) talk. Ted-x lectures doesnít leave anyone out.

Good to know but not surprised at all.

This falls under: Accept the things i cannot change, and wisdom to know the difference
    paddle faster... I hear banjo music!!!

Sponsored Links