23 degrees in north Texas this morning - Page 3

23 degrees in north Texas this morning

This is a discussion on 23 degrees in north Texas this morning within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Old Man That is no good! Ruins my idea of Lower Alabama! That is where I go to escape the cold. It ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: 23 degrees in north Texas this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    That is no good! Ruins my idea of Lower Alabama! That is where I go to escape the cold.

It was nine degrees this morning here in Mid-MO. I was outside before sunup messing around and was able to assist the neighbor with a vehicle that was contrary to start. He thought he could put off replacing his battery...ÖÖ Glad that silliness with the artic blast this early will pass in the next few days. The Missouri firearms deer season starts this Saturday and I would just as soon as not have to place a heater in my blind. Never have had to before, but I am getting o-o-l-l-d-d-d. Ha, ha, my wife says that I was 75 when she married me and I haven't got any younger. That was over 42 years ago, so I guess I'm 117 now.
    It's hard to imagine a 19 F (with wind chill) tonight on the beach in Lower Alabama
    Old Man and Sister like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

It was 8 here in the Texas Panhandle this morning, wind 25-30. I didn't go outside.
    Old Man and 5lima30ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Fall is in full force here

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    airslot and Old Man like this.

Administrator
    Global Cooling.

We always just called that "Winter"
    airslot, Old Man, baren and 7 others like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtShot14 View Post
    It was 8 here in the Texas Panhandle this morning, wind 25-30. I didn't go outside.
    B-r-r-r-r. Don't blame you staying inside.

Amazes me how -23 in Wisconsin didnít feel as cold as 30 in lower Texas. True what is said about a wet cold being colder than a dry cold. The wet cold hurts down to the bones whereas up in Wisconsin I was out in it shoveling the walk of fluffy snow for CWO to go to work early. I seriously loved that dry cold and playing in it, fun stuff!
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

We're in Texas also and it's been colder this month than the last few years that I can recall and it's not even winter yet.

I just mowed the lawn while wearing t-shirt and shorts. It was a bit cooler than normal.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I had my patio door open pretty much all day today. Cant ask for better weather.
    We get the government we deserve.

Senior Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Amazes me how -23 in Wisconsin didnít feel as cold as 30 in lower Texas. True what is said about a wet cold being colder than a dry cold. The wet cold hurts down to the bones whereas up in Wisconsin I was out in it shoveling the walk of fluffy snow for CWO to go to work early. I seriously loved that dry cold and playing in it, fun stuff!
    Yesterday when I started work it was 20f with no clouds. By the end of my shift it was 45f with clouds so no rays from the sun and the snow melted so there was moisture in the air. That felt alot colder.
    msgt/ret and Sister like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links