Piracy on the sea coming to the western hemisphere

This is a discussion on Piracy on the sea coming to the western hemisphere within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just saw this story about pirates in the Gulf of Mexico attacking oil platforms and supply ships. Guess it is not just in Somalia anymore. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Piracy on the sea coming to the western hemisphere

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar

Just saw this story about pirates in the Gulf of Mexico attacking oil platforms and supply ships.
    Guess it is not just in Somalia anymore.

https://gcaptain.com/pirates-attack-...-injuring-two/
    flh, OD*, airslot and 2 others like this.

Somalia? What does eating bad infected chicken have to do with oil platforms? Maybe this is the new way to stop the border people in Mexico, feed them bad chicken

Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

@Sister you are just too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Just saw this story about pirates in the Gulf of Mexico attacking oil platforms and supply ships.
    Guess it is not just in Somalia anymore.

https://gcaptain.com/pirates-attack-...-injuring-two/
    Certainly frightening to contemplate. Drug running via small vessels is also a pretty serious criminal enterprise, too. It was starting to be increasingly common off California before we left. When we would run our boat out to the offshore islands, I always carried a pistol.
    airslot likes this.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

In all seriousness, I read this article in my news feed and think itís only a matter of time that somebody getís shot. Between the guns that Eric Holder gave the cartels and the guns that the American People around the gulf have itís a situation just waiting to happen, wonít be long.

I donít see our wonderful president (and I mean this, I like him) standing by for this mess. They wonít be pirates for long, they will be somebodies Mrs. in a jail cell or gunpowder stuffed fish bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    In all seriousness, I read this article in my news feed and think itís only a matter of time that somebody getís shot. Between the guns that Eric Holder gave the cartels and the guns that the American People around the gulf have itís a situation just waiting to happen, wonít be long.

I donít see our wonderful president (and I mean this, I like him) standing by for this mess. They wonít be pirates for long, they will be somebodies Mrs. in a jail cell or gunpowder stuffed fish bait.
    My votes for fish bait. We have enough of our own jail birds to take care of....
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

They are already shooting people. Article said an Italian was shot in the shoulder by the pirates.
    The shooting war has begun in the Gulf.
    Give our Coast Guard the proper rules of engagement and hunt these scum down like we did in the 17th century
    Or maybe just call out the Cajun and Texas navy. Good ol' boys with fast fishing boats and armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    They are already shooting people. Article said an Italian was shot in the shoulder by the pirates.
    The shooting war has begun in the Gulf.
    Give our Coast Guard the proper rules of engagement and hunt these scum down like we did in the 17th century
    Or maybe just call out the Cajun and Texas navy. Good ol' boys with fast fishing boats and armed to the teeth.
    Italian person prolly didnít have a gun. I love Italian ppl, some of my best friends. Here in the states they carry but not in Italy. Like was said, an American (Cajun 😉) would blow them out the water IMHO.

Distinguished Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Piracy in the western hemisphere isn't new. Beside historical references, we have that going on in the Caribbean for the last decade. Heck, it has gone on in Falcon Lake between the US and Mexico. It has been going on in South America (the southern part of the western hemisphere) for quite a while, also.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKCN1IO1JP
    Piracy And Armed Robbery Against Ships In Latin America And The Caribbean 2017
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

More jobs for private security contractors. A small increase in costs of doing business. More funny "pirates attack the wrong ship" videos on YouTube for our entertainment. BTW, I would volunteer for that mission! Talk about shooting fish in a barrel!

airslot, OldChap, Obiwan and 2 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

With the requirement that commercial vessels be equipped with AIS, a system that supplies a vessels ID,course, speed and cargo, the pirates are using AIS receivers to choose and track their targets.

Recreational systems have the ability to go into "stealth mode"(receive only). That doesn't always work though. Private vessels are still raided in the Gulf and Caribbean.
    ETXhiker and Sister like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Piracy on the sea coming to the western hemisphere-pirate.jpg
    OldChap, OldVet, ETXhiker and 3 others like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Looks like they are also hitting oil platforms and not just ships.
    airslot likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    I wouldn't cancel any Gulf coast fishing trips just now.

Piracy on the sea coming to the western hemisphere-screenshot_20191113-133412_maps.jpg
    airslot and Sister like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links