HIPPA laws are a load of dung lies! Google sharing!!!

HIPPA laws are a load of dung lies! Google sharing!!!

This is a discussion on HIPPA laws are a load of dung lies! Google sharing!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Appears that Google has joined forces with HIPPA to get your information. All these new devices that “help” you help your doctor ~ guess wut? ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: HIPPA laws are a load of dung lies! Google sharing!!!

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    4,022

    Thumbs down HIPPA laws are a load of dung lies! Google sharing!!!

    Appears that Google has joined forces with HIPPA to get your information. All these new devices that “help” you help your doctor ~ guess wut? It’s all being recorded and kept by Google and they are selling it.

    BTW, Did you know....YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN THE HIPPA FORM??? The doctor still will see you, but they will not be able to cover their mistakes by a stupid piece of paper that is full of lies they want you to sign.

    This is very concerning, and extremely invasive. Even your fit bit, all of it Google is recording.

    Yeah I know you prolly already know it or thought it but here’s proof now.

    How long will this go on until they use it to take your guns? Vet with PTSD? Depressed cause somebody died? Betcha they take guns cause they will have black and white proof they think is damning AND they will lie like always.

    Google secretly gathered millions of patient records across 21 states on behalf of a health care provider, in an effort dubbed “Project Nightingale,” reports The Wall Street Journal. Neither the provider’s doctors nor patients were made aware of the effort, according to the report.
    The Wall Street Journal’s Rob Copeland wrote that the data amassed in the program includes “lab results, doctor diagnoses and hospitalization records, among other categories, and amounts to a complete health history, complete with patient names and dates of birth,” and that as many as 150 Google employees may have had access to the data.
    The New York Times corroborated much of the report later in the day, writing that “dozens of Google employees” may have access to sensitive patient data, and that there are concerns that some Google employees may have downloaded some of that data.

    https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/11/...vacy-ascension
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

    UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

    EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF




  2. #2
    Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    1,071
    Yup, I will never see a doctor for any type of mental disorder or depression no matter how bat crap crazy y'all think I am.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    7,133
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Yup, I will never see a doctor for any type of mental disorder or depression no matter how bat crap crazy y'all think I am.
    I knew there was something wrong with you! Now me, I am perfectly normal!

    Name:  Hannibal.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  67.8 KB
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

    "Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    4,022
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Yup, I will never see a doctor for any type of mental disorder or depression no matter how bat crap crazy y'all think I am.
    If you didn’t have a disorder then they would say you did so they can give you antidepressants and THEN take your guns.

    I believe 100% that it’s the antidepressants that are to blame anyway, the doctors are poisioning people with that crap and somebody is making a bunch of money during the killing of Americans by way of big pharma AND they get to take your guns, it’s a win-win for the politicians lining their pockets
    G26Raven likes this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

    UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

    EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF




  5. #5
    VIP Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    7,133
    Sister, according to some, your Epstein did not kill himself places you squarely in the conspiracy theory camp! They're coming to take you away!

    M1911A1 and Sister like this.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

    "Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,421
    This is the boogey-man scare of the week from the MSM. The Google story changes nothing. Whether you sign or don't sign the HIPAA form changes nothing.

    Ascension, a health care company, hired Google to develop some new tracking software. Tech companies get hired all the time to do that for healthcare companies. I have been part of some of those projects. There are thousands of contractors who have access to patient's medical data and there were before HIPAA was passed and there have been since HIPAA was passed.

    The fact that Google is now one of those thousands of contractors means little. Like all of those companies, if they get caught using the data for anything but what they have been hired for, everyone involved goes to prison and that contractor will never get hired again to do a similar project. Somebody still might do it, but having been involved in some of those projects, I can't see it ever being worth the risk for a major contractor or any of their employees.

    As for the HIPAA form, it changes nothing. It basically just says you were offered the right to see and review the healthcare provider's HIPAA policy, which is pretty much boilerplate. Whether you sign or not changes nothing about how your data is handled. And any healthcare provider can refuse service to anyone (unless there are specific restrictions), so they could decide to delay or deny treating you if they wanted to. They probably wouldn't because they don't really care about it. They are required to offer you the policy to read. If they have, it doesn't matter whether you acknowledge it or not.

    This is a nothing burger story.
    Psycho41, SAXDM9 and M1911A1 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array Sister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    4,022
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Sister, according to some, your Epstein did not kill himself places you squarely in the conspiracy theory camp! They're coming to take you away!
    ]
    Oh no not me, I can’t even keep down an Advil much less any medications. My grandmother lived to 100, she only took a baby aspirin daily. Saw a 90+ yo ballerina, she said the same, no medications at all. We do have a dear friend that is in the pharma business and care a lot for this person but you probably won’t meet many as anti-pharmaceutical as I am.

    If they take my CBD oil and melatonin and turmeric away, then we may have a problem 😉


    Edited to take this to the Tin Foil Hat area (for jmf cause he’s peachy keen on this stuff I can tell by his sweet thoughtful post 🤣)

    Folks should try to get off all their medications, what’s going to happen when the grid goes down and folks can’t get their medications? Even meds for your stomach, blood pressure, heart...gone! I’ve learned what works naturally (even killing Lyme disease with herbs) and do believe that others should too. Just MHO 💗
    Pete63 and G26Raven like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

    UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

    EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF




  8. #8
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    31,819
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Yup, I will never see a doctor for any type of mental disorder or depression no matter how bat crap crazy y'all think I am.
    We do.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    We do.
    Yes, looks like I am in good company here.
    M1911A1 and Pete63 like this.

  10. #10
    Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,373

    HIPPA laws are a load of dung lies! Google sharing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    This is the boogey-man scare of the week from the MSM. The Google story changes nothing. Whether you sign or don't sign the HIPAA form changes nothing.

    Ascension, a health care company, hired Google to develop some new tracking software. Tech companies get hired all the time to do that for healthcare companies. I have been part of some of those projects. There are thousands of contractors who have access to patient's medical data and there were before HIPAA was passed and there have been since HIPAA was passed.

    The fact that Google is now one of those thousands of contractors means little. Like all of those companies, if they get caught using the data for anything but what they have been hired for, everyone involved goes to prison and that contractor will never get hired again to do a similar project. Somebody still might do it, but having been involved in some of those projects, I can't see it ever being worth the risk for a major contractor or any of their employees.

    As for the HIPAA form, it changes nothing. It basically just says you were offered the right to see and review the healthcare provider's HIPAA policy, which is pretty much boilerplate. Whether you sign or not changes nothing about how your data is handled. And any healthcare provider can refuse service to anyone (unless there are specific restrictions), so they could decide to delay or deny treating you if they wanted to. They probably wouldn't because they don't really care about it. They are required to offer you the policy to read. If they have, it doesn't matter whether you acknowledge it or not.

    This is a nothing burger story.
    This is true to an extent but most of the knowledge sharing in the past has been via unidentifiable data. What Ascension and Google are doing is sharing the full data including Name, DoB, etc which is not usually required for technology development.

    As you say, Google can’t legally share the data, UNLESS it is with a “Business Associate” then they can legally share whatever they want. Have you ever looked into the “Business Associates” Google already has. Plus what is to stop Google from now becoming a “Business Associate” with anybody, offering them the right money, and sharing the data. Just because it is all legal and reputable companies haven’t abused it in the past, doesn’t mean there is no reason for concern.

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    This is true to an extent but most of the knowledge sharing in the past has been via unidentifiable data. What Ascension and Google are doing is sharing the full data including Name, DoB, etc which is not usually required for technology development.

    As you say, Google can’t legally share the data, UNLESS it is with a “Business Associate” then they can legally share whatever they want. Have you ever looked into the “Business Associates” Google already has. Plus what is to stop Google from now becoming a “Business Associate” with anybody, offering them the right money, and sharing the data. Just because it is all legal and reputable companies haven’t abused it in the past, doesn’t mean there is no reason for concern.
    I agree. What I am saying is there has been reason for concern for a long time. This has been going on for quite a while. The fact that a big name like Google is now involved is what has made it news, but the cause for concern has been around for a while. Google is bigger, but the thousands of other IT service providers who have been doing this are no more ethical. What data gets shared is whatever the database designers say it is and the client agrees to. If you want a system work with full data, you have to give it full data.

    Heck, I get a letter from the Navy about every other year saying my data may have been compromised, but they don't know for sure if it has, or if it has what data exactly.
    msgt/ret, SAXDM9 and M1911A1 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Array SAXDM9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    525
    Thanks @jmf552 for offering the correct acronym - the other is, maybe, a female of the hippo family. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
    ______________________________________________

    Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Array SAXDM9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    525
    Ha! They can have my unFit data. It can tell them when someone starting moving, stopped, started again, stopped again, for how long and how far. BFD.

    “Sir, according to the data from your personal device, you walked far enough last week to break into a house that was robbed. It must have been you.” No. Not happening. They’ll use the hyper-accurate satellite imaging to pin that on someone that looks like me. From 80 miles up. Maybe.
    ______________________________________________

    Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

  14. #14
    Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I agree. What I am saying is there has been reason for concern for a long time. This has been going on for quite a while. The fact that a big name like Google is now involved is what has made it news, but the cause for concern has been around for a while. Google is bigger, but the thousands of other IT service providers who have been doing this are no more ethical. What data gets shared is whatever the database designers say it is and the client agrees to. If you want a system work with full data, you have to give it full data.

    Heck, I get a letter from the Navy about every other year saying my data may have been compromised, but they don't know for sure if it has, or if it has what data exactly.
    I have been worried for a while, but will admit Google being a bigger name concerns more because they have more “business associates”. What also got me was in an article I read, it was admitted that Google didn’t need full identifiable information for what they are suppose to be doing, but was being given it anyway. Maybe it was an accurate, but if so that is even more concerning.
    Sister likes this.

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    I have been worried for a while, but will admit Google being a bigger name concerns more because they have more “business associates”. What also got me was in an article I read, it was admitted that Google didn’t need full identifiable information for what they are suppose to be doing, but was being given it anyway. Maybe it was an accurate, but if so that is even more concerning.
    If you break down a project like that, if all you are doing is designing a database and nothing else, you don't need all the data. You can do it with sample data or dummy data. But limiting one contractor to just design would be rare and risky.

    If you are implementing the system that's been designed, there are three big killers of system installations, people, interfaces and data. Most companies' data is really "dirty." It can be in different formats, have a lot of duplication and a lot of errors. If you implement the new system without all that squared away, a perfectly designed system will not run well, or not run at all, and you will have wasted millions on implementation. To do data cleanup and conversion, you need all the data. Ascension's staff that owns the data will supervise, but they will not be able to do a job like that on their own. Some contractors will have to be involved. It is a huge undertaking.

    I don't know what Google is contracted to do for Ascension, but at some point, someone is going to have to get all that data.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •