Christmas! 🍃 - Page 3

Christmas! 🍃

This is a discussion on Christmas! 🍃 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Christmas! 🍃

Christmas!  🍃-checkride.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

I refuse to put up Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving. Its usually done the weekend after. This year it'll be a week later, I'm filling in for my boss and working part of the weekend. Generally speaking, Christmas crap... I mean decorations, goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving, and comes down the first weekend after New Year's. The wife does almost all the shopping throughout the year, catching things on sale. All the shopping I actually have to do is get something for her.
    airslot and Sister like this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Keeping my wife happy is my number 1 priority.
    OD*, msgt/ret, CWOUSCG and 2 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    You know, I never heard that saying until about 3 years ago. But, I do know that in our household, I am the high maintenance side of the equation, but my wife pretty much caters to my every whim. She rarely asks for anything, so if she expresses the slightest interest in something, I try to honor her request as quickly as I can.
    So many weapons, so little time.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    My wife decorated already, but it really wasn't complete till the dog(s) covered our den in "snow" (the styrofoam insides of that snowman on the rug).
    I wish I had the action on video.
    Attachment 307014

8 month old Bullmastiff obviously figured the snowman was a good toy and the GSD probably joined in.
    I didn't fuss at them, our fault for leaving such a fun "toy" accessible.
    Attachment 307016

I'm still finding those tiny little styrofoam balls two days later.
    I don't think they did it. They have really innocent-looking faces.
    OD*, msgt/ret, CWOUSCG and 3 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

KILTED COWBOY and OD* like this.

We've been Christmas shopping a new RV for the last couple months, though we didn't know it at the time. Talked to our financial advisor today.

Right now, we think Santa will let us move into a larger RV if we can sell our current Class B at the right price and all the stars align correctly.
    OD* and Sister like this.

When Jean and I got together, we did the whole Christmas thing.
    That was because we both had been married to Jews who didn't think that Christmas should be celebrated as a secular holiday, and certainly it wasn't a Jewish holiday, so nope. Never. Nohow.

But both of us had been brought up in very secular Jewish homes, and both of us had had Christmas trees and Christmas presents, and all that, so we both missed it.
    So as soon as we could, even several years before we were married, we did the whole Christmas thing together.

Well, now that we're old, we've given it up. A tree is just too much work, and, later, too much cleanup.
    But we hang an ornament-decorated wreath on the door, and we have some outlining outdoor lights that we never take down, so all I have to do is plug 'em in.
    And we do "Christmukkah" presents (my daughter's word) for the somewhat-extended family, which covers all of the bases.

(The lights get turned on just after Thanksgiving.)
    OD* and Sister like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

Bah humbug. From a gun buying standpoint, there is about a four month period around the holidays where I dare not purchase guns under threat of no Christmas cookies.
    OD*, Sister and M1911A1 like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Distinguished Member
    Just opened a new clinic so Christmas shopping and such are not a high priority (but posting here is).
    Sister and OD* like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

This will be the first Christmas without my wife of 42 years as she passed away earlier this year. She was always into a lot of decorating so we had a big tree and Christmas stuff all over the house. I doubt I'll do any decorating at all this year as I've never been one to care much about the Holidays. She used to call me Grinch, probably with good reason.
    Sister, OD* and Pete63 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    This will be the first Christmas without my wife of 42 years as she passed away earlier this year. She was always into a lot of decorating so we had a big tree and Christmas stuff all over the house. I doubt I'll do any decorating at all this year as I've never been one to care much about the Holidays. She used to call me Grinch, probably with good reason.
    If it were me in your situation, I'd probably find it good for the soul to at least put up a tree. To each his own I suppose though.

I got my part of the shopping done, I bought the big gift. The Mrs. takes care of all the little annoying gifts. I'll probably put up the big tree in the foyer after I get in from the kennels tomorrow and officially kick off the season at the SIXTO estate.
    Sister, msgt/ret, OD* and 1 others like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I reserve the right to make fun, point and laugh etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    Iím so sorry to hear this and hope you have family and friends to spend it with. Iím not a holiday person either it always meant more work and stress. Could you ďadoptĒ a family or even a new pet to focus on over the holidays? We are looking forward to watching the dog (2yo) thatís new to us playing with the boxes ~ sometimes is really is the simple things that will make your heart smile and feel better. Will remember you in my prayers friend (((hug)))
    OD*, M1911A1 and Pete63 like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    Bah humbug. From a gun buying standpoint, there is about a four month period around the holidays where I dare not purchase guns under threat of no Christmas cookies.
    ......well then maybe next time youíll remember to get a gun for everyone and then you get a cookie! 😉
    OD*, M1911A1 and Struckat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SWsouthpaw View Post
    We've been Christmas shopping a new RV for the last couple months, though we didn't know it at the time. Talked to our financial advisor today.

Right now, we think Santa will let us move into a larger RV if we can sell our current Class B at the right price and all the stars align correctly.
    Wish someone would start a thread on RVís! We have thought about it, sounds like a lot of fun. Would like to know if buying new is better than used on an RV and if not why. Hope yíall get what you want
    Iím a bit envious!
    flh and OD* like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links