Richard Jewell movie.

Richard Jewell movie.

This is a discussion on Richard Jewell movie. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The first new movie I am looking forward to watching, I remember well of him reporting a suspicious backpack then helping evacuating the park. He ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Richard Jewell movie.

Richard Jewell movie.

The first new movie I am looking forward to watching, I remember well of him reporting a suspicious backpack then helping evacuating the park. He was hailed as a hero until he was crucified by news media when they brought up suspicions he had planted the bomb. It took months but he was finally exonerated.

Clint Eastwood's New Film Focuses on Exonerated 1996 Atlanta Olympics Bombing Suspect Richard Jewell

Clint Eastwood’s forthcoming film “Richard Jewell” centers around the security guard at the 1996 Olympic games in Atlanta who was wrongly suspected of setting off a bomb. Richard Jewell spotted a suspicious backpack during a concert at Centennial Olympic Park and raised the alarm, helping to evacuate spectators. But as the area was being cleared, a nail bomb inside the backpack was triggered by a timer and exploded.

One woman was killed and more than 100 people injured. At first, Jewell was hailed a hero, but that all changed after the Atlanta Journal-Constitution ran with the front page headline “FBI Suspects 'Hero' Guard May Have Planted Bomb."

“From that point forward, Richard Jewell was a suspect and he was trying to clear his name,” former U.S. Attorney Kent Alexander told Inside Edition. “His name was in every newspaper, every television show."
    https://www.insideedition.com/clint-...richard-jewell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell
    Pete63, MMinSC, RETSUPT99 and 8 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

I saw the preview for this when I watched ford vs Ferrari. Can’t wait to see it.
    msgt/ret, Pete63, OD* and 4 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    Yes, I think I'm going to see it also. How well I remember it, and when the alphabet squad FINALLY realized it was Eric Rudolph. Took them forever to capture the real perp!
    msgt/ret, CWOUSCG, OD* and 3 others like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    Yes, I think I'm going to see it also. How well I remember it, and when the alphabet squad FINALLY realized it was Eric Rudolph. Took them forever to capture the real perp!
    Rudolph was finally caught in western North Carolina in 2003 by a rookie cop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Rudolph
    Pete63, MMinSC, RETSUPT99 and 5 others like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    I was near the same area at the olympic village for a Brian Setzer concert a few days before. Who woulda thunk Dirty Harry would be making good movies!

That whole story made me sick at the time. The FBI tried to frame Jewell and leaked stuff to the media to put pressure on him for that bombing. Three agents were disciplined for it, although not nearly enough. Jewell was a hero and they ruined his life.
    MMinSC, Pete63, msgt/ret and 6 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Rudolph was finally caught in western North Carolina in 2003 by a rookie cop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Rudolph
    Yes. NOT to glorify him AT ALL, but his life would probably make an interesting movie also. In the end, he cooperated with the very government he despised, just to save his own skin. Definitely brought dishonor to the 101st.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

I watch all of Eastwood's movies. Glad to see he is exposing to the masses the corruption that is the FBI.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Was Jewell ever completely exonerated? I mean the media probably at best said Hee Hee Haw oops. Where's the next story? With out an apology or whatever.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    That whole story made me sick at the time. The FBI tried to frame Jewell and leaked stuff to the media to put pressure on him for that bombing. Three agents were disciplined for it, although not nearly enough. Jewell was a hero and they ruined his life.
    Oh, well, as long as they were disciplined. It's not like they did anything that would warrant being fired.
    Last edited by Psycho41; November 27th, 2019 at 12:31 PM.
    Pete63, MMinSC, OD* and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TimGunn View Post
    Was Jewell ever completely exonerated? I mean the media probably at best said Hee Hee Haw oops. Where's the next story? With out an apology or whatever.
    He was eventually exonerated but the stigma never went away and it haunted him the rest of his life.
    RETSUPT99, Pete63, OD* and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho41 View Post
    Oh, well, as long as they were disciplined. It' snot like they did anything that would warrant being fired.
    Yeah the main offender, FBI Agent "Woody" Johnson (I am not kidding about the name) got a whole five day suspension and his colleagues were quoted not for attribution as complaining he was scapegoated due to media pressure. He now works for a high-end security consulting firm in a suburb of Atlanta.
    Pete63, msgt/ret, MMinSC and 4 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    The FBI wasn't to blame alone on this. Eastwood crucifies the news media figures involved as well. I've heard some of them complaining about the movie on the talk shows and stuff. Makes me want to go see it!
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

This is Nolte doing a little article about the trailer. I generally do not read movie reviews but I always read his. If the movie is stupid, he is relentless in making fun of woketards, libs, and Hollywood in general. His review about the new James Bond, or James Cuck as he calls him is hilarious.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...ewell-trailer/

Also, here is Nolte debunking the Atlanta newspaper's attack on Eastwood's movie:

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...ichard-jewell/
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Senior Moderator
    I saw The Mule by Eastwood and enjoyed it, so I’ll see this as well.

@Havok , how was Ford versus Ferrari? I saw trailers for that before I saw Midway.

Eastwood has risen to his craft, an amazing talent.
    msgt/ret, Havok, OD* and 2 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links