dining issue @McD's

dining issue @McD's

This is a discussion on dining issue @McD's within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We went to the local McD's this morning and they put up a gun buster sign since our last visit. So, we went elsewhere for ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: dining issue @McD's

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar

dining issue @McD's

We went to the local McD's this morning and they put up a gun buster sign since our last visit. So, we went elsewhere for breakfast since signs have force of law here. Too bad Burger King was closed today - I usually go there for breakfast. Went to Perkins for breakfast. I don't know if the anti-gun policy is a nationwide policy now for McD's.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Distinguished Member
    Sad. Fortunately signs do not have the force of law in Georgia. Still try to not give my money to anti-2A companies. You might want to see if your location is a franchise or a company store. If its a franchise there is a chance that if you give polite feedback to the owner the signs may come down.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

A gun buster sign is an open invitation for us here in Texas.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Haven't seen any here yet. They do not carry the force of law here. They can ask you to leave. If you don't leave, you are guilty of a misdemeanor trespass. I have never been asked to leave an establishment, so I guess my concealment works so far.
    BamaT, airslot and M1911A1 like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I donít know but it may be manager policy, the one closest to me is not posted but the others in town are. Signs here have the force of law so I honor their wishes and take my money elsewhere.
    BamaT, airslot, RETSUPT99 and 1 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    When the no weapons signs went up at Buffalo Wild Wings several years ago, I asked the hostess to please bring the manager to the door. I informed him that the policy was unacceptable to us (my wife and I) and that we wouldn't be back, and we haven't been. I don't know if those signs are still up but I won't spend my money in places which have such policies.

Here are some ideas:
    https://rmgo.org/gun-laws/banning-businesses/
    MMinSC, Bikenut, BamaT and 6 others like this.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanBob View Post
    When the no weapons signs went up at Buffalo Wild Wings several years ago, I asked the hostess to please bring the manager to the door. I informed him that the policy was unacceptable to us (my wife and I) and that we wouldn't be back, and we haven't been. I don't know if those signs are still up but I won't spend my money in places which have such policies.
    The one by me does not have a sign AFAIK.
    I just do not look for the signs. Don't really care.
    airslot and M1911A1 like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

The gun buster signs do not carry the force of law in Alabama, but you can be asked to leave, and if you donít you can be charged with trespassing. I havenít seen any gun buster signs at any restaurants in my area. If I really need something from a store that has one, Iíll carry anyway, concealed as usual.
    The Old Anglo and M1911A1 like this.
    NRA Life Member

Our McDonalds sux. They ain't nothing but bunch of snot nosed kids working there that have absolutely no idea what customer service is. And the last few times we (my wife and I) went, we had to clean a table to use, despite their only being a couple of other customers.

I've called the phone number they have in the lobby for comments about their service a couple of times and told them about our very unpleasant experience to no avail, so we don't give them our business anymore.

So when I get a craving for a double quarter pounder with cheese, I have to drive to the next town over. I have not noticed any gun buster signs on their doors.

I love the pancakes at Perkins better then anything I could eat at a McDonald's. Unfortunately our closed years ago. I found a recipe on line for the pancakes that is pretty good, but still not the same. I'd forget that McDonald's and tell the mgr he has lost many customers and gained nothing except a bit of self righteousness.
    CavemanBob and M1911A1 like this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly2 View Post
    I love the pancakes at Perkins better then anything I could eat at a McDonald's. Unfortunately our closed years ago. I found a recipe on line for the pancakes that is pretty good, but still not the same. I'd forget that McDonald's and tell the mgr he has lost many customers and gained nothing except a bit of self righteousness.
    Similar to what we did with Buffalo Wild Wings. We like Buffalo wings so the sign at BWW only served to motivate us to developing our own wing sauces. After a bit of experimentation, we've managed to create a few different sauce recipes which we think are better than the BWW versions, specifically the medium, wild and spicy garlic. Not only are the sauces better, IMHO, the wings we get are more consistently sauced. One complaint we had when eating at BWW was that sometimes the wings were brought to the table with barely any sauce detectable on the wings. Grrrr..., we don't have that problem any more.
    Grizzly2, msgt/ret and BamaT like this.

NRA Patron member

Senior Moderator
    Another reason to love FL, no problem with firearms in churches, banks, and signs (which are seldom seen) do not have the force of law.
    All the sun and no state income tax doesn't hurt either.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: ďThe prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.Ē

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    Another reason to love FL, no problem with firearms in churches, banks, and signs (which are seldom seen) do not have the force of law.
    All the sun and no state income tax doesn't hurt either.
    Colorado is much the same. We can even carry in bars but consumption of alcohol is ill-advised and could land a person in a legal issue.

NRA Patron member

If you ever saw the kitchen area of some of the BWW's you'd never eat there anyway.

The signs have no force of law here, but I wouldn't go to a McD's anyway, so no loss.
    BamaT and ButtShot14 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links