California sheriff under probe for denying CCWs to residents

This is a discussion on California sheriff under probe for denying CCWs to residents within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; - local PACs have demanded prosecutors figure out why Santa Clara residents are denied CCWs - residents want CCWs and are making a stink - ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: California sheriff under probe for denying CCWs to residents

- local PACs have demanded prosecutors figure out why Santa Clara residents are denied CCWs
    - residents want CCWs and are making a stink
    - the sentiment is, if it can happen in San Diego (new issuance of CCWs to residents), it can happen in any county...
    - it is slow progress...
    - but most importantly, it's going in the right direction

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/12/...-shortcomings/

Easy solution that most states have: Shall issue. Get that voted in and problem solved.

We got it voted in our state 20 years ago, against a Democratic trifecta, so it can be done. Now we have so many people with permits, that is one thing the new Democratic trifecta probably will not mess with.
    Last edited by jmf552; December 2nd, 2019 at 11:27 AM.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Ex Member
    I am with jmf552 that shall issue” would be a remedy. PA is a shall issue state, and it has been working here since CCW permitting began. Unless you fail to pas the NICS or PICS reviews you get a permit. PICS is the Sage crime reporting system. It is possible to pass NICS and not pass PICS, but that is rare. guess what? PA does not have a gun crime problem equivalent to CA where the draconian “may issue” policy is a proven failure.

Good luck to them. Based on the Peruta ruling and the magazine ban, I don’t have high hopes but I wish them well.
    We get the government we deserve.

The SF bay area—no surprise there. Yes, shall issue statewide would be great. Well, it's a step in the right direction and good to hear. We'll hope for an outcome that favors liberty.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Distinguished Member
    It's too dangerous for the Commissars to give the Plebs access to weapons. They are adequately cared for by the government. End.
    DownInTheDark and M1911A1 like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Would be nice to see a little sanity there for a change.
    airslot likes this.

I was reading today that the US supreme court is going to consider a gun rights case and the left is afraid of what will come of it due to the conservative majority. From what I understand the issue at hand is basically local authorities passing laws that violate 2nd amendment rights.

Perhaps it will come to pass that locals will not be able to enforce their versions of gun control.

24 years as a cop, retired as police chief. Always amuses me to see them all dressed up with rank insignia and as much foo-for-rah as possible to display. Reminds me of generals in banana republics.

I remember my guys wanting permission to wear this or that nonsense on their duty uniforms. My reply was always that a badge and name tag were enough. By the mid-90's we were wearing jeans and boots with uniform shirts, Carhartt coats in the winter time (sub-zero temps pretty common), straw hats optional in the summer (temps regularly over 100 degrees and 336 days of sunshine per year), baseball caps optional year-round. Don't recall anyone ever having trouble identifying the cops, and never had enough officers that they had trouble remembering who was the boss or who my #2 was. Local Eagle Scouts provided auxiliaries when needed, and several became cops themselves.

Of course, I was out on the high plains of Colorado (flyover country), not in the rarified atmosphere of Kalifornia (home of the enlightened and anointed); and my focus was protecting lives and property, not building a brave new social order.

Just a few more ramblings of an old man. Move along now, nothing to see here.

I'm not defending the Sheriff, But the news piece is not News it's an Opinion piece written like news. If the DA is investigating anything at all its political corruption. The lawsuit was a freedom of information suit filed by Mercury News. [ That happens every day].
    And there is no law that says She has to approve anyone's CCW!

The Citizens may be upset, but that's not what I get out of this article. Just one news guys bluster......

The only way that county is getting there CCW's is to get it on the ballot to make CCW's Shall Issue. And I don't see any clamor for that there! DR

What gets me about this picture is the ladies eyes, is she related to Adam Shif*t? Her eyes are all wide open in a peculiar way like his is? A guess would be some kind of medications that makes a persons eyes sub-normal, or rather zombie like?
    Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    What gets me about this picture is the ladies eyes, is she related to Adam Shif*t? Her eyes are all wide open in a peculiar way like his is? A guess would be some kind of medications that makes a persons eyes sub-normal, or rather zombie like?
    Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Most likely a residual effect of long-term brainwashing.
    Sister, flh, M1911A1 and 1 others like this.

There are a number of mental health professionals who have dealt with the criminally insane (yes I still use that term) who believe the "bug-eye" effect is a sign of a serious mental condition.

@retired badge 1 Yup..Officers in other departments I worked around used to hope the stars would drag the puffed up wearer down to a watery resting place. I don't know whether they were serious or not.
    Rock and Glock and airslot like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    There are a number of mental health professionals who have dealt with the criminally insane (yes I still use that term) who believe the "bug-eye" effect is a sign of a serious mental condition.
    I worked in the natural health retail bidness for a while many years ago and remembered the mothers bringing in young boys (usually was boys) in a desperate attempt to find out what else they can give their child. It seemed that doctors are drugging the mess out of these kids?!

The boys would have eyes like that and stand in one spot like a zombie, the mothers would say that the kids were on ADHD or other drugs - these kids were like, 7 & 8 yo!!! Not right, I’ve always thought that possibly it was the medications that did this to these people?

IMHO the mom’s needed to give these kids a bike and sent outside to play!
    OldChap, dangerranger and M1911A1 like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Turn up the volume folks - the more we speak out in unison and let them know we WILL BE HEARD, the better chance we have of forcing them to bend.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links