How small was your high school? - Page 2

How small was your high school?

This is a discussion on How small was your high school? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That's why I wasn't allowed to sit in the backseat with the prom queen anymore...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: How small was your high school?

flh
    That's why I wasn't allowed to sit in the backseat with the prom queen anymore
    G26Raven likes this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Not small at all. Graduating class upwards of 800 I believe. Total school pop at the time was around 3500. It was one of 2 high schools in town in 2000. We now have 5.
    G26Raven likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    157 in my graduating class. 6 years of Catholic All-Male, Military, education. But I'm better now.
    G26Raven likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

1963 - 990 graduating seniors, and many I had never seen before.
    G26Raven likes this.

LOL.

I graduated with 33. My first class in college had 800 and was held in an auditorium. It wasn't an easy adjustment.
    G26Raven and Old Man like this.

Graduated in 1975. 33 in my class. Total school enrollment (1st - 12th grade) Approx 450.
    G26Raven, Old Man and Nod like this.

VIP Member
    I think it was about 960 in my graduating class of seniors.
    G26Raven likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

I graduated HS in 1972. Graduating class 90-100 students. Small little town in PA, county seat, probably around 4000 population.
    G26Raven and Old Man like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I liked going to the school with a graduating class of twelve, I was in the top ten in my class. The biggest problem was every girl I asked out told me they couldn't go out with me because they were my cousin. So much for that Southern cliché. Of the twenty-five or so girls in the high school, about four were not related to me.
    Perhaps they were kissing cousins?

I attended a small school for most of my school years. We would have graduating classes in the mid-thirties. Then we were consolidated with two other school districts where one school district was about the same size as mine and the other was larger than both of the smaller ones put together. I ended up graduating with around 150 students.
    G26Raven likes this.

VIP Member
    I too, went to a Catholic, all boys high school. The total enrollment was about 600, with 125 in my graduating class. Because my school was all boys, we were put in the "large school" classification for high school football.

Class just held it's 50 year reunion. I did not attend, but I understand about 70 people, most of whom never moved away, attended the reunion.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    My graduating class was supposed to be about 300, but we broke a school record. 70 seniors didn't graduate.

For the record I did. Barely.
    G26Raven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DownInTheDark View Post
    My graduating class was supposed to be about 300, but we broke a school record. 70 seniors didn't graduate.

For the record I did. Barely.
    My high school grades were so poor that I would not have been accepted to the university I wanted to go to. I got in solely on the basis of my SAT scores.
    DownInTheDark likes this.
    So many weapons, so little time.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

We are ALL Virginians!

Nod
    I graduated from a little school in the UP of Michigan in 1960. There were 100 students in the school from kindergarten thru 12th grade. Our class had 10 graduates. We had a class of only 3 a few years before me. There are only 6 of us left from our class. The school closed 6 years later and was torn down. Kids from several towns now go to a central school which is 12 miles from our town. Is this small enough ?
    G26Raven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I liked going to the school with a graduating class of twelve, I was in the top ten in my class. The biggest problem was every girl I asked out told me they couldn't go out with me because they were my cousin. So much for that Southern cliché. Of the twenty-five or so girls in the high school, about four were not related to me.
    When our oldest son moved to Yreka CA, Every woman he talked to, the first question they asked was "Who are you related too?"

My graduating class was 120. We were the first graduating class. I was in the upper class for three years running. (Freshman-Sophomore) (Sophomore-Junior) and then finally (Junior-Senior).
    G26Raven likes this.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links