How small was your high school?

This is a discussion on How small was your high school? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I went to a very small high school in Los Angeles. Kind of like this.......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: How small was your high school?

I went to a very small high school in Los Angeles. Kind of like this....

How small was your high school?-sex-ed.jpg
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

How did you know?
    G26Raven likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    My high school graduating class was less than one hundred individuals. Our class president was KIA with the 1stInf Div, Vietnam. Six of use would enlist in the Marine Corps. Each of us would serve in Viet-Nam at different times. One member of our High school football team went on to play in the NFL. Compared to the surrounding area our school was rather small.
    G26Raven, airslot and Old Man like this.

Ex Member
    I graduated from a prep school in 1959 at age 17 among a class of 127. I went right into the Marine Corps and the other 126 event to college. It was an all boys school with no drivers ed course. So I did not ever get to experience the wonder that the OP has cited. Now at 77 I would like the opportunity for a do over of the car episode only.
    G26Raven, airslot, MMinSC and 1 others like this.

I went to a medium large school that was made Huge because they were remodeling two other high schools and moved all the Seniors to my school. I went from 6am till noon, the next shift went from noon till 6 pm. On Graduation day There were 1500 graduating seniors. It had to be done in two shifts also. I don't remember most of the people I graduated with! [ That and it was the 70's] DR
    G26Raven likes this.

I attended four high schools in four different states during my junior year. The first had a graduating class of around 125. The second had a graduating class of around 300. The third had a graduating class of 12. The fourth had a graduating class of around 800.
    G26Raven and Old Man like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Graduated in 1974. We had 91 people in my graduating class, would have had 92 but one guy died in a car crash senior year.
    Entire school had about 3600 all 4 grades.
    Now my kids graduation class was close to 1500 kids. Insane.
    G26Raven likes this.

School I did 1 - 10th at, avg graduating class was 22 +/-. School I graduated from, my class was 550. Class two years before was 650. Funny this those two schools are in the same town 5 miles apart at most.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need it and don't have it, you'll never need it again.

58 in 1974. The wifes in 1976 was over 300.
    G26Raven likes this.

Over 400 in '94.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

I went to an all-boys, religious college-prep school. The administration took over a girls college that had been there over 100 years, but then moved to a new campus about 15 miles away. Total enrollment of the HS was less than 600. I graduated in a class of about 150. The school was only open about 10 years before it went bankrupt.

The religious organization that owned it wanted to sell it off to a developer who wanted tear it down and build apartments, but it was a historic building and the state wouldn't them do it. Then one night the whole thing burnt to the ground. Once the rubble was cleared, they sold it to the developer and it is now apartments. The night watchman plead guilty to the arson that started the fire, but would never say why he did it. He got six years, did a portion of that and I can only imagine he got some sort of lifetime remuneration from whoever put him up to it.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Gradated in a class of 407 in 1977. Our school was a relatively small consolidated school whose students came from three different 'towns', one Boro and two Townships. Our class was on the small side, total enrollment for the three grades in the school was about 1500.
    G26Raven likes this.

I liked going to the school with a graduating class of twelve, I was in the top ten in my class. The biggest problem was every girl I asked out told me they couldn't go out with me because they were my cousin. So much for that Southern cliché. Of the twenty-five or so girls in the high school, about four were not related to me.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

The school I graduated from had 600 students in the 1st through 12th grades. I graduated in 1968 in the largest senior class they ever had, all 63 of us and I was even taught by some of the same teachers that taught my mother. Most of my graduating class has never left the area. We had 4 schools in the county and two years after I left they opened a big consolidated school and closed the other four.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

I graduated from a private Christian school. I was seventh in my class of seven.
    --Jason--

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links