How to vent your anger - Page 3

How to vent your anger

This is a discussion on How to vent your anger within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldChap Oh I don't know. Imagining acts of mayhem and violence on computers was a mainstay when I worked with them every ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: How to vent your anger

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Oh I don't know. Imagining acts of mayhem and violence on computers was a mainstay when I worked with them every day. Something close to this hung on my office wall...

Attachment 307936
    I have a water softener that used to make a funny noise. One day I decided I had enough and was going to fix that noise. I hit it with a hammer. It no longer makes a funny noise. It doesnít work, But thatís not the point.
    OldVet and OldChap like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Since my heart attack, I don't let things get to me - after an hour of reflection, the cause isn't a big deal anymore. My one really good temper tantrum was at work when I threw my printer out the third floor window of my office. My co-workers talked about that for over a year.
    Iíll bet the folks outside are still talking about it. :)
    msgt/ret and OldChap like this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Yup. I have an old Mac G5. It is incredibly well-built, but totally obsolete - by design. I use it for photo editing because the monitor has the ability to match colors so well. Most people who buy Apple nowadays don't know that inside is exactly the same guts as everybody else uses. Intel or AMD (IIRC Apple doesn't use AMD's yet) but exactly the same Intel CPU series as everyone else. Sadly, what you get is a product built to resist every effort by the user to control it. They are nice though.
    Yeah, once Apple dropped Motorola Macs and PCs became two sides of the same coin hardware-wise.
    OldChap likes this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    For me, I have never viewed shooting my firearms as a way to vent my anger (getting angry isn't something that happens to me often). Sure, I occasionally get upset with my computer, but I can't think of any time I have broken something out of anger (I've broken enough stuff accidentally).

At any rate, I ran across this today and can't imagine paying money to go do this???

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar.../#.XekLui2ZNfg
    I can't imagine it either. It sounds like the opposite of fun to me.

(And a pretty sick enterprise.)
    G26Raven likes this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

People who don't work with computers 24/7 until they're blue in the face, cannot imagine that a computer actually thinks for itself and can be spiteful and vengeful to it's owner. I know better.

Trust me...talking angrily in a loud voice about buying a new computer and chunking this pile of garbage in the trash right in front of the beast has been known to cure a whole potful of ills!
    Last edited by OldChap; December 6th, 2019 at 04:42 PM.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

The best way for me to vent temporary anger is to do work. I have found that the physical activity of a low-skill level of labor, at whatever intensity, helps me let anger's dangerous fruit--rage, dissipate.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links