Woman pulls a gun because of ketchup.

This is a discussion on Woman pulls a gun because of ketchup. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NATIONAL NEWS Police: Patron angered by ketchup pulls gun at McDonald's Posted 1:02 p.m. today MEMPHIS, TENN. — Authorities in Tennessee say an irate woman ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Woman pulls a gun because of ketchup.

NATIONAL NEWS
    Police: Patron angered by ketchup pulls gun at McDonald's
    Posted 1:02 p.m. today

MEMPHIS, TENN. — Authorities in Tennessee say an irate woman pointed a gun at fast food workers because they gave her ketchup instead of jelly.

Asia Vester, 20, was arrested Tuesday and charged with aggravated assault and unlawful possession of a weapon, news outlets are reporting.

According to a Memphis police affidavit, Vester was in the drive-thru line of a McDonald's last week when she received her food and realized her request for jelly was either forgotten or unheeded. She instead received ketchup.

Words were exchanged with several employees. Vester was accused of pulling out a gun and pointing it at employees, the affidavit says.

Surveillance video led police to Vester.

Since Vester is under 21, it is illegal for her to possess a weapon. Vester is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday. It's unclear whether she has an attorney to speak for her.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

VIP Member
    No jelly! And she was so lazy she didn’t go inside?!?
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

She should be glad they didn't give her some of that Kentucky jelly.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    she'll get some KY Jelly soon enough.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Jelly on a hamburger.....all sounds justified to me
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    NATIONAL NEWS
    Police: Patron angered by ketchup pulls gun at McDonald's
    Posted 1:02 p.m. today

MEMPHIS, TENN. — Authorities in Tennessee say an irate woman pointed a gun at fast food workers because they gave her ketchup instead of jelly.

Asia Vester, 20, was arrested Tuesday and charged with aggravated assault and unlawful possession of a weapon, news outlets are reporting.

According to a Memphis police affidavit, Vester was in the drive-thru line of a McDonald's last week when she received her food and realized her request for jelly was either forgotten or unheeded. She instead received ketchup.

Words were exchanged with several employees. Vester was accused of pulling out a gun and pointing it at employees, the affidavit says.

Surveillance video led police to Vester.

Since Vester is under 21, it is illegal for her to possess a weapon. Vester is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday. It's unclear whether she has an attorney to speak for her.
    FWIW in Tennessee it is perfectly legal for a 20 year old to possess a handgun.
    rotorhead1026 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    In their car?
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    In their car?
    I'm not a lawyer but how are they going to get into the shooting range if they can't put it in their car?

You can't get a license to carry in Tennessee till your 21 and you can't buy a gun from an FFL but once you turn 18 you can buy a handgun in a private sale in Tennessee and it's completely legal.

I found that out by spending 5 minutes on Google which the reporter was obviously too lazy to do

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I am making an assumption that the woman's infraction did not go possession but to concealed carry. The TN law specifies the following:

39-17-1351 Enhanced Handgun Carry Permits.
    (b) Except as provided in subsection (r), any resident of Tennessee who is a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident, as defined by § 55-50-102, may apply to the department of safety for a Enhanced Handgun Carry Permit . If the applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm in this state pursuant to § 39-17-1307(b), 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), or any other state or federal law, and the applicant otherwise meets all of the requirements of this section, the department shall issue a permit to the applicant; provided:
    (1) The applicant is at least twenty-one (21) years or age; or (2) The applicant is at least eighteen (18) years of age; and
    (A) (i) Is an honorably discharged or retired veteran of the United States armed forces; and
    (ii) Includes with the application a certified copy of the applicant's certificate of release or discharge
    from active duty, department of defense form 214 (DD 214);
    (B) (i) Is an honorably discharged member of the army national guard, the army reserve, the navy reserve, the marine corps reserve, the air national guard, the air force reserve, or the coast guard reserve, who has successfully completed a basic training program; and
    (ii) Includes with the application a certified copy of the applicant's honorable discharge certificate, department of defense form 256 (DD 256), or report of separation and record of service, NGB form 22, that indicates an honorable discharge characterization; or

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I am making an assumption that the woman's infraction did not go possession but to concealed carry. The TN law specifies the following:
    My main point was that the reporter could have got as much information as you and I did with five minutes on Google
    rotorhead1026 likes this.

It is legal to carry a loaded firearm within a vehicle in TN. no permit required.

39-17-1307, Unlawful Carrying or Possession of a Weapon.
    (a) (1) A person commits an offense who carries with the intent to go armed a firearm or a club.
    (2) (A) The first violation of subdivision (a)(1) is a Class C misdemeanor, and, in addition to possible imprisonment as provided by law, may be punished by a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500).
    (B) A second or subsequent violation of subdivision (a)(1) is a Class B misdemeanor.
    (e) (1) It is an exception to the application of subsection (a) that a person is carrying or possessing a firearm, loaded firearm, or firearm ammunition in a motor vehicle, recreational vehicle, or motorized boat if the person:
    (A) Is not prohibited from possessing or receiving a firearm by 18 U.S.C. § 922(g) or purchasing a firearm by § 39-17-1316; and
    (B) Is in lawful possession of the motor vehicle, recreational vehicle, or motorized boat

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Legal or illegal carry.
    The fact is this woman should not be any where near a gun

I do not relish reading stories like this.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If you use JP-8, then it's technically not waterboarding

Distinguished Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    Jelly on a hamburger.....all sounds justified to me
    Yes, but not in Memphis, or Tennessee.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabbyOldGuy View Post
    It is legal to carry a loaded firearm within a vehicle in TN. no permit required.

39-17-1307, Unlawful Carrying or Possession of a Weapon.
    (a) (1) A person commits an offense who carries with the intent to go armed a firearm or a club.
    (2) (A) The first violation of subdivision (a)(1) is a Class C misdemeanor, and, in addition to possible imprisonment as provided by law, may be punished by a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500).
    (B) A second or subsequent violation of subdivision (a)(1) is a Class B misdemeanor.
    (e) (1) It is an exception to the application of subsection (a) that a person is carrying or possessing a firearm, loaded firearm, or firearm ammunition in a motor vehicle, recreational vehicle, or motorized boat if the person:
    (A) Is not prohibited from possessing or receiving a firearm by 18 U.S.C. § 922(g) or purchasing a firearm by § 39-17-1316; and
    (B) Is in lawful possession of the motor vehicle, recreational vehicle, or motorized boat

Well maybe she is in violation of federal law. Fact is I do not know enough to guess. This is from the ATF website:

An individual between 18 and 21 years of age may acquire a handgun from an unlicensed individual who resides in the same State, provided the person acquiring the handgun is not otherwise prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A Federal firearms licensee may not, however, sell or deliver a firearm other than a shotgun or rifle to a person the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under 21 years of age.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links