Problem solved: go old scholl on a bully.

This is a discussion on Problem solved: go old scholl on a bully. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Granted it is totally unacceptable nowadays but this is how it was handled “back in the day”. Missouri mom defends son beating up school bully ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Problem solved: go old scholl on a bully.

Granted it is totally unacceptable nowadays but this is how it was handled “back in the day”.

Missouri mom defends son beating up school bully in viral post: 'Problem solved'

A Missouri mother’s unapologetic Facebook post on Monday defending her son’s decision to fight back against a bully has gone viral.

Allison Davis posted a selfie picture of her son, Drew, who was suspended from school for “beating up the kid that has been tormenting and bullying him since middle school.”

But rather than being “upset” over her son’s behavior, Davis said she was far from it.

“Not even a little bit,” she said.

“I know as a parent I’m suppose[d] to be upset with him for resorting to violence or getting suspended, but I’m not,” she wrote.
    https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/mi...problem-solved
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

VIP Member
    I agree that the kid finaly stood up for himself. Recall that he has been taught from the second he entered government school that he has no rights they don't give to him.

Funny, but in Georgia we had a case 2 years ago that went to the GA Supreme Court on stand your ground that involved a school bully. Seems the school board, through their attorney, argued (and appeared to genuinely believe) that children who they had on their property lost all their rights as citizens of the United States the second they enrolled (not merely be on their property). They lost at the trial court. They appeared and lost at the appellate court. They appealed and in the fastest unanimous ruling in memory they lost at the GA Supreme Court. The Chief Justice wrote the opinion (since it was unanimous there was only one) and said in rather plain language that under the GA Constitution citizens have an absolute right to defend themselves, have no duty to retreat, and that those rights are not subject to review, limitation, or editing by any governmental body - even a school board or its officers.

https://law.justia.com/cases/georgia.../s16g1700.html
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

It appears that the adults failed to fix the situation so the kid handled it himself. Bully for him!
    “Propaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos.”
    -- Edward Bernays

Works every time. BTDT.

When you leave the biggest guy in the group unconscious under the lunch table and put the pieces of your lunch tray in the trash, you tend to be left alone. All I got afterwards was a big smile from the Asst Principle who had watched the whole thing go down.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I like happy endings. Good for him.

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    Growing up my dad always said never start a fight, but you got my permission to finish it.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I always told my boys to defend themselves from bullies.
    8th grade one of my boys finally had it.
    Kicked the snot out of the brat.
    Got suspended for a week.
    Biggest mistake the principal made was demanding that I meet with the school leaders.
    He, one of the counselors and one of his teachers.
    When I was done with them I thought they would have a heart attack.
    I told them I was proud of my boy and I raised him not to be a coward like they were for not handling the situation and having an 8th grader do their job for him.

I’m glad it turned out this way for this kid.

I wonder how many kids turn into shooters or suicides because the schools failed to protect them like they failed to protect Drew
    If you use JP-8, then it's technically not waterboarding

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Took a baseball bat to a bully when I was in 7th grade.
    Was good Friends with him after that. He stood with me more than once.

Good for the young man standing up for himself and even more for his Mom supporting him.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Leftists don't know what to do with bullies. Bullies are often a person who hasn't been taught their place. They have an ignorant lack of fear. Sometimes, they just need someone to give them that experience: kick the ignorance out of their rear end.

Then the reformed individual can continue through life with a wise respect for others.
    Psalm 144:1

According to the brief, the plaintiff was a gal.

I dunno the sex of the bully.

In any case good for her, and her attorney.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Ex Member
    Kudos to the son and mom. The only way to stop a bully is to stomp a bully. and a parent should be proud of the child that does it. Great mom is.

In 7th grade the JR HS bully stomped me. I had no idea how to really fight. I told my Dad what happened. He sent me to take Judo lessons. In 8th grade the bully wanted more. I kicked his butt. He did not bully anyone for the rest of the year. I frosh year at HS I was picked out by LOU from So.Philly, mob land. He wa going to make an example of me. He lost that flight and then was expelled. I taught my daughter and son how to take a bully down physical when each entered Jr HS. they never had to do it. But to this day I beloved's that the only way to deal with a bully is to beat him in front of his followers. The message become clear: F... with the Bull and you get the horn.

It used to be you had the right to say what you want, But that didn't mean you wouldn't get your face slapped or your nose flattened for what you said or did! It made people think before acting! DR
    airslot, gatorbait51 and hogdaddy like this.

I believe much of our society's reluctance to endorse appropriate violence comes from personal fear. Most people don't know how to fight or when it might be appropriate to do so, and so they become easily intimidated. Moreover, this lack of confidence in self leads to immature adults who depend on rules and governmental power to protect them. Inculcating our children with these beliefs exacerbates the problems. These people think they are virtuous for declining to use violence but until their eyes are opened, they can't understand that there is little virtue in choosing not to fight when fighting is not really a choice [for them] at all! JMO
    Last edited by Hoganbeg; December 9th, 2019 at 12:30 AM. Reason: clarity
    “Propaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos.”
    -- Edward Bernays

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    According to the brief, the plaintiff was a gal.

I dunno the sex of the bully.

In any case good for her, and her attorney.
    Both the bully and target were girls in the case from Georgia that I cited.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links